What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ASHES TEST: England v Australia at Lords, July 16-20, 2009

pantherz9103

First Grade
England break 75 year drought at Lords. I know the Pompires did their part but we lost it with that terrible collapse in the first innings. Credit to Strauss with the bat and Flintoff with the ball, it was their test but I'm not too worried just yet. Pick a better team in the third test and we can level it up again.

All over. Excuses aside, England dominated from day one. They had momentum after Ponting failed to take the first test which was there for the taking. Great fightback from Australia's batsmen in the final innings but the damage was done. England 1-0 with three tests remaining. Flintoff man of the match.

HevyDevy

Coach
Their best bowler was available for selection in this test....

The non-selection of Clark was a real f**k up of epic proportions by the selectors. Why Siddle takes his spot I do not know.

My thoughts exactly.

Still have ourselves to blame. We had to chase 10 million even before those awful decisons although no doubt they didnt help.

Cletus

First Grade
Oh well, shame about the umpiring but it was a good game. It looks like being a great series if it keeps going like this.

Ian_Brown

Juniors
All over. Excuses aside, England dominated from day one. They had momentum after Ponting failed to take the first test which was there for the taking. Great fightback from Australia's batsmen in the final innings but the damage was done. England 1-0 with three tests remaining. Flintoff man of the match.

Good Post

HevyDevy

Coach
Believe it or not I support Australia. Just like to see dignity in losing. Not seeing much here. Blame the umpire, blame the weather, just don't acknowledge a good game from the opposition.

I do agree with you.

The only problem I have is that while the occasional umpiring error is inevitable, losing three top order batsmen in one innings to awful decisions is hard to cop.

But at the end of the day Johnson was awful, Siddle was poor and the first innings was appaling.

Despite this, I still believe we will win or draw the series provided we play Clark in the next Test.

TimmyB

Juniors
f**k me, I've never seen a bigger pack of whingers than the people in here. England beat us pretty comprehensively in the end, time to move on. Sometimes we get the good calls, sometimes we get the bad ones. That's cricket. In my personal opinion the English can't play too much better than they have in this test. Full credit to the way they played, but they also got the rub of the green. I think we'll still win the series 2-1.

I feel totally vindicated questioning the decision to take the light. Flintoff was buggered last night, came out refreshed this morning and fairly demolished us.

nadera78

Juniors
Not sure about Clark being the saviour for this team. I saw him play the warm up game against England A and he was worse than Johnson. Barely got above 80mph and got no movement off the deck whatsoever. He just didn't look fit (surgery was it in February?).

That was two weeks ago, and he's got another ten days before the third test so maybe he'll come good.

aussies1st

Staff member
Not sure about Clark being the saviour for this team. I saw him play the warm up game against England A and he was worse than Johnson. Barely got above 80mph and got no movement off the deck whatsoever. He just didn't look fit (surgery was it in February?).

That was two weeks ago, and he's got another ten days before the third test so maybe he'll come good.

Clark is in there for his accuracy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
England we're the better team, we lost the test with our sh*thouse first innings batting. But FMD the umpring was a deadset disgrace. In 2005 we got the sh*t end of the stick and it looks like it is happening again.