What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v India at MCG Dec 26-30 2020

Hutty1986

Immortal
Lol, this bloke just cannot make a decent score can he? He either fails miserably, or makes 30-odd and loses it. Another one of our middle order not up to this level.

I’d rather listen to them than Mark “state the bleeding obvious” Howard... who rudely interrupted them to tell us what we all could see “Head hits a 4”... no kidding Howard...

He is that annoying know it all who has to sometimes realise he’s done f**k all and is sat with people who have done it all.

Meth

Staff member
I don’t think Bumrah is the best bowler in the world but he is probably the best to watch

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol, this bloke just cannot make a decent score can he? He either fails miserably, or makes 30-odd and loses it. Another one of our middle order not up to this level.

Lol I feel like Head is the second least likely target for a dummy spit like this.

It's been good test cricket, it's not always gonna go your way. Wade, Burns and Smith are the problem today. If you get 40 odd from your five most days with the odd hundred, as Head has, you're pretty happy.

I reckon he's better suited to six but he's been reasonably good at doing his job since the suspensions.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Lol I feel like Head is the second least likely target for a dummy spit like this.

It's been good test cricket, it's not always gonna go your way. Wade, Burns and Smith are the problem today. If you get 40 odd from your five most days with the odd hundred, as Head has, you're pretty happy.

I reckon he's better suited to six but he's been reasonably good at doing his job since the suspensions.
Honestly, Wade has to be one of the most braindead cricketers in history. The amount of times he's thrown away his wicket is amazing. Then again, when your other opener is literally averaging 11 this year, India's bowlers have a fair advantage already. Smith's form is also becoming a worry, hopefully he bounces back in the second dig.

Bazal

Post Whore
Honestly, Wade has to be one of the most braindead cricketers in history. The amount of times he's thrown away his wicket is amazing. Then again, when your other opener is literally averaging 11 this year, India's bowlers have a fair advantage already. Smith's form is also becoming a worry, hopefully he bounces back in the second dig.

I think Smith will be ok and tbh with Vihari at five I feel like India have two batsmen, Pujara and Rahane.

Even a 30+ from Smith or Burns, plus the scores we have now and probably a little extra from Labs in the earlier partnerships with less pressure, and we're sitting 4/180 odd...not ideal but much happier.

I'd be considering swapping Green and Head in the order if Green gets a solid score. I just think Head is the kind of guy who likes to keep the score moving...he's more likely to be the guy who gets 50+ to kick a score from 250 to 350+ than he is to score that many from 3/30, and I think he's more useful in that role. Sure he can get 40 off 100 at five, but coming in at 4/180 or more I just feel like that SR is going up by 20 or so.

Meth

Staff member
Labuschagne will be disappointed and that was scrappy, but also a pretty important 48

Bazal

Post Whore
We might as well consider declaring, get a shot at India early, the pitch is only gonna flatten out, get on it before it does, no point exposing the tail to a hot Indian attack, not worth batting longer for a score of 200 instead of 135, India won't be expecting it