What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v South Africa @ MCG Dec 26-29, 2022

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ill say it again, Bavuma is a good little player

He will either be not out this dig or get a ton

Very determined, and sound defence

42* (100 balls)

he defends with an angled bat which has cost him his wicket a few times, needs to straighten his defense up I reckon

probably doesn't help having arms like a garden gnome, he can barely reach outside the off stump

gutsy little batsman tho

blaza88z

Coach
Amazing that they were 2nd on the WTC ladder, they must have been bowling teams out for under 100 because they got nothing with the bat

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing that they were 2nd on the WTC ladder, they must have been bowling teams out for under 100 because they got nothing with the bat

first, 20 points in front of second

jim_57

Staff member
Test summer a let down so far for me, I like to see some competition at least.

South Africa in real trouble, their top 5 both tests are all ordinary and all 30+ so you can’t even say they are rebuilding. Surely a couple of spots could be found for some upcoming talent instead of aging plodders like Zondo, de Bruyn, van der Dussen etc. Their bowling is better but will always struggle if their batsmen can’t build a total to defend or even give them time to rest/recover for a decent amount of time.

Sensational series win, revenged the three previous series we lost to the Saffers over the past 17 years. The little slugger a worthy MOM, tho Greens maiden 5for was a close second..

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
wrong Boland is and has always been the team reserve bowler.
You're very late to the party Baggers and, as always, very wrong.

There is no such thing as 'the team reserve bowler' for starters.

Incumbent: 'holder of an office or post'.
Now there are two things. Firstly, no Australian cricketer is a holder of an office or post - they are selected in the team for that particular game. When that game is over all 11 positions in the team are up for selection again.

However, if someone was selected for the team they could be seen as having incumbency for that position. Boland was selected for the team. Therefore he was the Incumbent for the next team.

I would have thought that a supposedly cerebral chap like yourself would know these things.

Ok mass conjecture over what the bowling attack will comprise for Sydney. Given it will be a dead rubber will CA fiddle things such as debut Aaron Hardie at #6. Several former players have suggested this move. Will they also give Swepson or Murphy, or even Agar a crack for Lyon. Hazlewood has declared himself fit so must play, if for nothing else vital prep for India, while Lance Morris is almost a cert to make his debut for Starc.

When that game is over all 11 positions in the team are up for selection again.
Think you will find the current CA policy is two games. No I am not wrong as the three Haze, Cum, Starc were all picked for the Ashes attack with Boland the RESERVE/ COVER bowler. Hazlewood was injured was to miss the next game so Boland came in as his cover. This year Boland again picked as cover and played again when Haze was injured. Lance Morris was picked as net bowler for the pinkie but mainly as cover for Starc. Ronnie has said as much.