What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v South Africa @ MCG Dec 26-29, 2022

TheParraboy

Staff member
Agar ????

Averages 41 with the ball in FC cricket.

We actually picked Lyon when he was averaging over 48.00 in FC cricket

I thought South Africa were meant to be good? Gees they must have the worst Top 5 in world cricket.

Last 12 months or so they lost FAF and Amla, also De Kock (who batted at 6 normally)

Huge losses for them in the batting

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ill say it again, Bavuma is a good little player

He will either be not out this dig or get a ton

Very determined, and sound defence

42* (100 balls)

We had this obsession of left arm spinners because Kevin Pietersen had a supposed weakness against them.

So we punted Nathan Hauritz way too early because of it while handing out test caps to Xavier Doherty, Michael Beer & Ashton Agar in the Ashes because of it.

Shane Warne made an off the cuff comment about Beer having potential and he was picked for the next test. Shows how much thought went into it

King-Gutho94

Coach
We actually picked Lyon when he was averaging over 48.00 in FC cricket
Lyon had played just 5 FC games at the time and still had his hair and was young.

They took a punt and it worked.

I think he got picked more off his BBL form from memory as well.

Anyway Agar may be a solid white ball bowler but i dont think he does enough to threaten in tests.

I would roll the dice with a leggie. Your always in the game with them.

Swepson while been a little disappointing in his 4 tests. He still can improve.

Warne's first 4 tests weren't great either.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Shane Warne made an off the cuff comment about Beer having potential and he was picked for the next test. Shows how much thought went into it
Selectors probably wanted a beer after the meeting and when it got mentioned they thought Beer would be a great option.

Have to thank him as well for making us sit and watch Alistair Cook bore us to death that day at the SCG got him out very early but was a no ball then went on to make 190 odd.

What a painful day that was at the cricket.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Goat Bleating GIF

mave

Coach
M.Waugh reckons there is no selfishness in this Aussie squad.

Did Warner retire overnight without letting anyone know?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Unless a miracle occurs this will be the 8th consecutive innings where South Africa haven’t scored over 250.

It will also be their 46th consecutive test in which there has been a result (23 wins, 23 losses).

Smug Panther

First Grade
With my boys Lyon and Davey doing well and telling you chumps that we couldn't lose 2 days ago I'm right yet again :)

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Its a shame the politics & cricket board over there has slowly weakened the side.

They are up there with India as our greatest competitors in Test Cricket this century.
As opposed to the politics of the apartheid days?
The quota system was much worse in those days. 100% of the players had to be white.