What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: India v England @ Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam Feb 2-6, 2024

bazza

Immortal
I would love to give credit to England.

But I simply can't bring myself to it.

Bazball has become a cult that has conned the world into thinking Brandon McCullum is some cricketing genius.

They are 9th in the WTC.
they are losing in exciting ways now

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The cult of Bazball is out of control

Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

King-Gutho94

Coach
The cult of Bazball is out of control

I noticed it on Saturday night on social media when England were rolled for 250 off 55 overs.

Michael Vaughan and others were waxing lyrical on social media how exciting it is despite the fact they were 170 behind in the 1st innings.

Its deadset conned the world into thinking its greatest thing we have ever seen.

I repeat they are 9th currently on the WTC table.

Fangs

Coach
Nothing to complain about here folks.

They will roll out Stokes on one leg for the 2025 Ashes. Along with fatsow and maybe even Anderson. Keep their stubborn mentality and play a million miles an hour.

All playing into our hands.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
In 2022 when Bazball began they won 9/10 which is impressive.

Since then its 4/8 which is much less impressive.

They're basically back to their losing self just more quickly.

Bazal

Post Whore
In 2022 when Bazball began they won 9/10 which is impressive.

Since then its 4/8 which is much less impressive.

They're basically back to their losing self just more quickly.

I mean it's pretty easy to defend against. Just set a few strategic catching blokes around the place, bowl dots and wait for the dumb merkins to hole out.

Like, they don't even milk the field when it goes back. They just slog. There's no actual plan it's just HiGh OcTaNe BaZbAlL eXcItEmEnT

They had the beginning of a strategy that at least poses a point of difference but they failed to get past step one...blows my mind people fall over themselves for it

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I mean it's pretty easy to defend against. Just set a few strategic catching blokes around the place, bowl dots and wait for the dumb merkins to hole out.

Like, they don't even milk the field when it goes back. They just slog. There's no actual plan it's just HiGh OcTaNe BaZbAlL eXcItEmEnT

They had the beginning of a strategy that at least poses a point of difference but they failed to get past step one...blows my mind people fall over themselves for it
Step 1 - BaZbAlL
No step 2
Step 3 - profit

No step 2 has f**ked them.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Nothing to complain about here folks.

They will roll out Stokes on one leg for the 2025 Ashes. Along with fatsow and maybe even Anderson. Keep their stubborn mentality and play a million miles an hour.

All playing into our hands.
As long as patty doesn't become coward with his field placings and tactics when under the pump.

I was at old trafford when Zak Crawley got 190. We deadset rolled out the welcome mat for him

I felt like we we too defensive in the ashes and it's why England came back and drew the series.

Fangs

Coach
As long as patty doesn't become coward with his field placings and tactics when under the pump.

I was at old trafford when Zak Crawley got 190. We deadset rolled out the welcome mat for him

I felt like we we too defensive in the ashes and it's why England came back and drew the series.

You are right I just put that down to inexperience. His first Ashes series as captain, the English crowds can get to a lot of touring players.

Different here at home for sure. And after winning the WTC, Ashes and WC we should be in a much better place to take it to them.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Paddy was shit when he first took over the captaincy, he has since learned a lot imo, still not up to that of the good skippers of the past but he does seem to be learning and it looks like he'll be skipper for a while yet.

Latest posts