What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia at Christchurch on Feb 20-24, 2016

JJ

Immortal
Pretty difficult to develop a plan to I reckon, once he's in, he's kind of all over the place and will play the same ball in 4 different ways

Hutty1986

Immortal
I get it.

But yes, he does look weird...it's almost as if he has zero premeditation and makes his decision as to how he will play a delivery when the ball is upon him. He looks so hurried and restless and busy. Enthralling to watch, unorthodox as he may be. Definitely a new appreciation watching him firsthand today

Imagine bowling to him at the moment. His unorthodox nature makes him more valuable than even the likes of Warner when a side is looking for quick declaration runs. He just opens up so many areas you're not expecting.

Meth

Staff member
Imagine bowling to him at the moment. His unorthodox nature makes him more valuable than even the likes of Warner when a side is looking for quick declaration runs. He just opens up so many areas you're not expecting.

Yeah I think as a bowler you would love bowling to him at first and even think you are on top and then all of a sudden he's raising his bat at 50 and you realise you are in deep shit

Meth

Staff member
I find it difficult to watch him sometimes. He makes me anxious but I think he is great. Its not so much I think he will get out but he looks so obviously uncomfortable and I get second degree anxiety lol. He is probably clear minded and positive out there. Just going off looks.

Very interesting stat from the commentators about how rarely the Australians have hit the ball into the air. Very controlled from both of them.

Yeah totally- it's like he is constantly expelling nervous energy. He is obviously quite mentally strong and just superbly ingenuitive at the crease

Pete Cash

Post Whore
In records that nobody really cares about Smith is currently averaging over 60. It will drop if he gets out. I think the magic number for him to hit the 60 mark out is 170 odd.

Latest posts