What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia at Christchurch on Feb 20-24, 2016

Bazal

Post Whore
Lucky Steve Smith brings up a lucky overseas hundred on a lucky pitch that favours the batsmen when Australia bat, who are also lucky.

He's an outstanding cricketer

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He has only scored 7 of his 14 100s overseas. What a home town bully lol

EDIT

It might be 6 of them...I am not sure how quickly cricinfo updates

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Tons in England (including a double), NZ & South Africa. He'll add to that in Sri Lanka later this year.

Meth

Staff member
Just back from the ground. Not the sort of day I wanted, but I have to say that Smith is captivating to watch live. Never looks comfortable and yet gets right on top of the bowler and scores runs with ease. Fantastic.

Hutty1986

Immortal
NZ are a good side-much better than they've shown so far this tour. Taylor obviously a significant loss.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Ross Taylor is a huge loss. Like when I went over the differences between the two sides he is another bloke who averages over 40.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Centuries per Test Match or Test Matches per century?
Almost 3 centuries per match would be pretty good.

Yeah its worded badly

Basically Smith scores a century every 2.9 tests which is pretty amazing. Especially as it took him a bit to score his first.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah but.....he looks weird.

I get it.

But yes, he does look weird...it's almost as if he has zero premeditation and makes his decision as to how he will play a delivery when the ball is upon him. He looks so hurried and restless and busy. Enthralling to watch, unorthodox as he may be. Definitely a new appreciation watching him firsthand today

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I find it difficult to watch him sometimes. He makes me anxious but I think he is great. Its not so much I think he will get out but he looks so obviously uncomfortable and I get second degree anxiety lol. He is probably clear minded and positive out there. Just going off looks.

Very interesting stat from the commentators about how rarely the Australians have hit the ball into the air. Very controlled from both of them.

Latest posts