What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia at Christchurch on Feb 20-24, 2016

blaza88z

Coach
Smith didn't say anything as such, but the manner in which he asked for the review by yelling "ump", then led the march with players behind him carrying pitchforks to question the umpire is not necesssarily fineworthy, but not needed in the game. It could be perceived as being intimidatory. I would say it was definitely demonstrative of dissent, if not of the on field umpire, then definitely the third umpire. I know Aussies play hard n all, I'm not saying Smith should be fined, but he should be cautioned. As someone else said, it was ugly.

Hazelwood proceeded to state his opinion that the bat hit the ground and demanded to know who the f*cking third umpire is.

Unfortunately for Hazelwood the stump mic was on and it was broadcast live. Sky will get in trouble for broadcasting the swearing I imagine.

Yeah, Brendan McCullum would never march over to an umpire after a decision was made either..

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Illingworth never even said anything about deviatiation you prat.
He said he saw a hot spot.

No he didn't. But after watching the front on he asked for the hot spot again.

Cricinfo saw the deviation, commentators did and I did. Only you are on the record as saying that you did not.

blaza88z

Coach
Gone, should of been gone some time ago though, if not for the LBW, Smith should of caught the ball

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Yeah, Brendan McCullum would never march over to an umpire after a decision was made either..

Never seen him yell "ump" and don't think he has ever lead a post third umpire march.

Prob why he wins the spirit of cricket awards :p

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
No it was more than 5 words. That is an excerpt.

The article refers to that excerpt as a foul mouthed rant. It is five words. Are you dense? He shouldn't have sworn and should be sanctioned, but a foul mouthed rant it was not.

Lego_Man

First Grade
GG, well played Australia.

You're still the benchmark in the test arena and while we may have parity in the ODIs, you've taught us a lesson in test cricket this summer.

Look forward to the next clash.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
The article refers to that excerpt as a foul mouthed rant. It is five words. Are you dense? He shouldn't have sworn and should be sanctioned, but a foul mouthed rant it was not.

I watched it live. Hazelwood said more than 5 words. The audio and quote are an excerpt. He complained the bat hitting the ground.

Stop arguing from ignorance.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Who cares what Hazelwood said. Might be a fine in it, but it was pretty inoccuous

Rod

Bench
GG, well played Australia.

You're still the benchmark in the test arena and while we may have parity in the ODIs, you've taught us a lesson in test cricket this summer.

Look forward to the next clash.

In 2022 probably.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The leads over 100 but the pitch seems to be still playing pretty well.

This new ball not offering that much already.