What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v Australia at Christchurch on Feb 20-24, 2016

Eelectrica

Referee
Match winning partnership from these two I think.
We just can't get their tail. They were 7 down for 270odd in the first innings, and almost another hundred run partnership here.

Edit: It's over a hundred run partnership already.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
This is just f*cking ridiculous. 2 wickets down and 14 in arrears to this.

It has been enthralling.

You've bowled extremely well. KW, Corey, BJ and Matt have fought tooth and nail. Patto and Hazelwood have been brilliant. Lyon is not being disrespected by batsmen so far. Bird destructive with 2nd new ball.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Shame BJ waited until the last match of the summer to remember how good he is.

Finally Raval gets some media attention.

Patto lookin tired now. Hazelwood must be getting tired.

Henry well done for 50.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Again I am not watching it because of dumb old work but when I get the chance to check on Cricinfo it just looks like good old fashioned batting. Something our guys after Smith and Burns got out should have really done.

This is putting NZ into a pretty strong position. The pitch appears to be true still but the ball does swing a bit.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Jeet is a 2 scores a season man.

Which is 2x as good as Guptill and Latham.

He and Smith can shoot it out over donestic summer. Jeets arguably has more consistency and experience than Ben, though. Comfortably better average now after that 202* is recorded.

Ben is elegant on the eye. Looks graceful with his drives. But looks does not equal runs.

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
The two frontliners are clearly cooked and the entire attack just looks clueless against any sort of counterattack

Pete Cash

Post Whore
You know what is funny this is entirely how Marsh has been justifying his place but he is failing to do the business here.

Decisions are going to have to be made about the Australian number 6 spot. Lets remember that is a batting position historically. Here are the facts. The top 6 this tour have all scored centuries but Warner and Marsh. I can forgive Warner because he opens the batting and he bats a certain way. It wont work all the time. Marsh though....I mean really. He should be averaging at least low 40s with the position he has had to work with.

TheParraboy

Staff member
im pretty sure there will a result in this game

Even if NZ bat into tomorrow, McCullum will declare at some point, and we will go for the runs.

We are not a good side playing for a draw.

Day 5 could be something special for the ages

edit: 8th wicket falls, ok we could be batting later today perhaps ?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
That more or less sums these two tests up in regards to the batting at least. The NZ batsmen who have managed to get starts have really come up with some soft dismissals that just didn't need to happen while the Aussie batsmen have gone on to post big scores.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Deadheat between English Super League commentators or Kiwi Cricket commentators as to who are the most biased twats on the planet

Latest posts