What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd trial vs tigers

Spazer

Juniors
Liddle 1 LB 2 LBA and 2 TA such a strong game from him.
Sua 2 weeks in a row with strong performances, he is an issue for opposing defenders to deal with.
I'm really starting to like the Suli Rav combo, will wait and see how their defence holds up against faster sides.
Flano jnr made 2 important tackles on our goal line, I was pleased with his game.
Franky Molo a bit underrated he chased kicks and ran hard, same as his brother solid effort.
Bird cops it on here but he was good and played with a lot of confidence and made strong 1on1 tackles.

Would also like to mention tigers may be a spoon side but they completed well and had a lot of ball in our 20, we did well to hold our line under pressure, it's good practice before the season starts.

Also another thing the downtown penalty is just so punishing and can gift sides a free attacking set. Sometimes the nrl like to go hard on these new rules early in the season and then are more lenient afterwards but we really need to work on that before round 1 because we've been pinged twice now.

matPORTS

Juniors
A few points to summarise:

1. Fitness has improved

2. Game play, game plans & general execution still needs improvement

3. Good to see some genuine competition for spots developing... don't think we are quite settled on our best 17 yet and I feel we can cover in the event of short-term injuries i.e. with K. Flanno slotting into the 7 or 9 to cover Hunt/Liddle, Jack Bird slotting into 6, etc.

4. Discipline still needs improvement

Not getting too far ahead of myself, but the Tigers weren't really a good benchmark in which to completely rate ourselves.

I'm more confident than 24 hours ago that we aren't a wooden spoon team. But I'm still not confident in whether we can come out of the bottom 3-5 teams until we get fully on top of items 2, 3 and 4 above., and then show we can compete against the top teams in the comp (whether that is beating them in a premiership match or not getting completely blown off the park).

NotB I like most of your posts, but that is a touch below the belt. Bud must've been devastated when we let him go. I see this in his appearance, more ink and funky hair cuts, more mongrel and a bit reckless in his play.
Point taken, but he walked straight into a spot in the starting 13 at another club on a decent pay packet. It's not like we ruined his life. So I don't think that justifies him leading with the head and pulling penalties like a grizzled veteran.
Anyway, did he not previously ask for a release cos he wasn't getting a crack at half-back? Loyalty is a two-way street.

Last edited:
Anyway, did he not previously ask for a release cos he wasn't getting a crack at half-back? Loyalty is a two-way street.
Young and immature. They want it all before they are ready. To be fair, he had recommitted to the club so it must've been a huge shock when we suddenly let him go. I can sympathize with his disillusionment as it was clear hooker/dummy half was not his position.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
When you consider we only played our team proper first half against bunnies and then for much of last night it’s not looking all a lost caused this season. Add Luc in and we can only get better.

Starting to think we may even win a few games on our terms this year and confidence is in the coach. A lot of smiles from the boys including Hunt. Genuine contentment across the playing group. When was the last time we saw that?

macnaz

Staff member
Regardless if the win was against lowly placed Tigers , it was an impressive performance and demonstrated your team is committed to effort and improvement.
Certainly changed my thoughts on them getting the spoon , its definitely not going to happen. Injuries may be your biggest dictator determining just high up the ladder you can get.
Congrats guys ,, glad they have given you some hope for 2024 unlike our pathetic mob ☹

Crush

Coach
When you consider we only played our team proper first half against bunnies and then for much of last night it’s not looking all a lost caused this season. Add Luc in and we can only get better.

Starting to think we may even win a few games on our terms this year and confidence is in the coach. A lot of smiles from the boys including Hunt. Genuine contentment across the playing group. When was the last time we saw that?
I couldn’t believe that people, namely media personalities, were saying things looked dark after charity shield. I saw plenty of positives in that game, not sure what the critics were watching.
I said it last week but to me it’s clear that we will be better this season, much better.
We will beat the weaker teams through discipline and determination. We will win the odd game against top teams if they have an off day (hopefully sharks)
And we will avoid the bottom 4.
That’s a start. Then next season we add a couple of X factor players and we are heading to the top 8. Ideally.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Regardless if the win was against lowly placed Tigers , it was an impressive performance and demonstrated your team is committed to effort and improvement.
Certainly changed my thoughts on them getting the spoon , its definitely not going to happen. Injuries may be your biggest dictator determining just high up the ladder you can get.
Congrats guys ,, glad they have given you some hope for 2024 unlike our pathetic mob ☹
Thanks mate. It was only a trial. I wouldn’t be too hung up on the result. Good luck for the season mate

justadragon

Bench

our last win, which was against Wests

I couldn’t believe that people, namely media personalities, were saying things looked dark after charity shield. I saw plenty of positives in that game, not sure what the critics were watching.
I said it last week but to me it’s clear that we will be better this season, much better.
We will beat the weaker teams through discipline and determination. We will win the odd game against top teams if they have an off day (hopefully sharks)
That’s a start. Then next season we add a couple of X factor players and we are heading to the top 8. Ideally.
One of the Fox biased imbeciles was also referring to Corey Allan. Shows how much they know about our team.

Dragsters

First Grade
They "the media" probably didn't watch the whole game but most likely just saw the final scoreline or watched a highlights package and reported from that.

Typical lazy journalism I suspect...

SEAT 1A

Bench
You have to be happy with last night's performance, huge improvement in just a week. Reserves stood up and didn't let the Tigers in the game.

Great defence, players changing lines and it's been a while since we saw backline movement in attack.

Couldn't really say any player had a bad game. Sloan took a big step forward, Lomax strong on the wing and good on Bird, copped a shot and just go up.

Kyle saved our bacon a few times in defence and had the better over Bud.

Flanno should be happy with that.