What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Bulldogs

sup42

Juniors
Ok, so totally shit from ARL/NZRL. Must be especially galling for the club with NZRL HQ being up the road.

That being said... if all its been taking to convince kids to up and move countries is a bit of love, a bit of kit, and grand promises, there must be some responsibility on the Warriors too?

I mean even allowing for ARL/NZRL running interference, keeping kids at home would presumably take far less effort than convincing them and their families to move overseas?
The Warriors and their fans are infamous for dismissing the clubs failings with the catch phrase "we cannot keep them all".

Those bug eyed Aucklanders choose all the big kids who run over smaller kids types.

The Warriors were pretty much the worst in the NRL at getting parity on the player signing ladder. That is just how it is, which is why I can never abide Warrior bashing, people who put down this club have no idea how hamstrung it is in this competition through a combination of Australian cheating and NZ incompetence.

Last edited:
I actually thought CHT was the worst kicker out there and his general game was bog average. The no look pass........why.
I know TMM had a bit of an average game compared to his last few, but I still thought he played better than CHT. He tried some things that didn't quite work out, but I appreciated the efforts (Hence I gave him 1 point in my 3-2-1). His chase and tackle save was remarkable.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The Warriors and their fans are infamous for dismissing the clubs failings with the catch phrase "we cannot keep them all".

I have a new Catch phrase for all those bug eyed Pasifika Auckland choose all the big kids who run over smaller kids types.

My Catch phrase is this:

Benji Marshall Whakatane

Jared Wairea Hargreaves Rotorua

Isaac Luke Taranaki

Kieran Foran Ellerslie Eagles

Adam Blair (the younger) Hokianga

Dean Whare Rotorua

Greg Eastwood Manurewa

Sonny Bill Williams Mt Albert Gramar (scouted by Warriors under coach John Ackland while he was a New Zealand Bulldogs scout in Auckland).

These guys are a slice a tiny cross section of NZ greats that were not even on the Warriors South Auckland focused radar.

You can see the problem, I could name one hundred Warriors misses, but the real problem is the Warriors had no plan to even look at these players, and all of them won world cups for New Zealand.

.Hell even Matt Elliot admitted he flipped on his own lack of talent spotting nous when he gave Taukeiaho the last game of the season before he let him go to the Roosters and become one of the best forwards in the modern era.

The Warriors are pretty much the worst in the NRL at getting parity on the player signing ladder. That is just how it is, which is why I can never abide Warrior bashing, people who put down this club have no idea how hamstrung it is in this competition through a combination of Australian cheating and NZ incompetence.
Sometimes they’ve had a go and just been outgunned as well

Going back to the mid 00s, Setsiamta Sa signed a deal with the Warriors as a 16 year old for 20k, Roosters put a contract with 100k on the table in front of him, and he signed that as well, and we know what the final outcome was there

The best junior I have seen come out of Canterbury in over a decade, Caius Faatili, was in the warriors sights 2-3 years ago, but he didn’t have much of a desire to play for them, and they didn’t go all guns blazing to get him. The Broncos flew his entire family over there and wined and dined them. He hasn’t cracked first grade yet, but has been going very well in the QLD Cup for Sunshine Coast

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The best junior I have seen come out of Canterbury in over a decade, Caius Faatili, was in the warriors sights 2-3 years ago, but he didn’t have much of a desire to play for them, and they didn’t go all guns blazing to get him. The Broncos flew his entire family over there and wined and dined them. He hasn’t cracked first grade yet, but has been going very well in the QLD Cup for Sunshine Coast
Wow I'd forgotten about this guy. He was just about the best player on ground against Akarana in the 2019 interprovincial comp and I think he was 17 at the time. I thought he looked a surefire NRL prospect.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Wow I'd forgotten about this guy. He was just about the best player on ground against Akarana in the 2019 interprovincial comp and I think he was 17 at the time. I thought he looked a surefire NRL prospect.
I was looking for the highlights from that game the other day, thought surely they’d make it to YouTube but nowhere to be seen, that performance against men was out of this world. I’ve watched him since he debuted at club level when he was 15, so much talent that I thought would have seen the big stage by now. Last week in the QLD Cup played 49mins, 9 runs for 96m and 25 tackles so looks like he is going ok

It always staggered me that Chris Bamford never made it, he has everything going for him but never got a shot

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I was looking for the highlights from that game the other day, thought surely they’d make it to YouTube but nowhere to be seen, that performance against men was out of this world. I’ve watched him since he debuted at club level when he was 15, so much talent that I thought would have seen the big stage by now. Last week in the QLD Cup played 49mins, 9 runs for 96m and 25 tackles so looks like he is going ok

It always staggered me that Chris Bamford never made it, he has everything going for him but never got a shot

This is the game I was talking about…not a proud moment for Auckland rugby league but the good guys ended up winning the comp so it’s ok

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

This is the game I was talking about…not a proud moment for Auckland rugby league but the good guys ended up winning the comp so it’s ok
Legend, that’s the game. Start of the 2nd half showed he has everything, size speed and skill

Hurt him a bit moving to Aussie at the start of 2020 and getting caught up in covid

Latest posts