What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Dolphins

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3. Barnett. This guy is a beast, week in week out. Seems almost like heresy to say it but he's a modern-day Kevin Campion. Plays so tough
2. TMM. Has stepped up incredibly in SJ's absence. Just needed a shot
1. Walker. 100m and 40 tackles, stepped up

Thought Ford was good, Montoya until he turned in glacier mode for Isaako's last try, CHT had good touches, DWZ strong runner (but I wish he'd stop playing dead in tackles), Niukore strong, even Ale had some big moments

Meth

Staff member
3- Barnett
2- TMM
1- Lussick

HM- Tevaga, Ford, Pompey, Walker

hitro

Juniors
3 TMM
2 Walker
1 Ale
hey I like this team better than the other one, it's the Bad News Bears and it's actually more Warriors , more halter skelter, more unpredictable and they actually win
If everyone in the squad is available for selection in 2 weeks this period changes who the top side is
Shame Roache got hurt, we need him...

Grizzman

Juniors
3 - Barnett. I've become his No2 fan by the looks of things (behind my missus).
2- Montoya. Turned too slow on that last try but threw everything in all game.
1- Ford. Huge engine and few errors.

HM, Jazz, Walker, Ale, Bunty, Pompey, TMM, CTH, MGT.
Bloody awesome.

Big Marn

Bench
3 Barnett
2 TMM
1 Niukore
HM CHT,Walker, Montoya (was 5/5 under the high ball, lost a point with that late try), Ale, Pompey, Ford

Meth

Staff member
I want to shout out Lussick. Played more minutes that had been planned for him and did an admirable job. Solid as in the middle, defensively. He has limitations as a player and is a long way away from Egan, but he needed to step up and he did

Last edited:

ozenzud

Juniors
I turned on the tele late and couldn't believe the side we ended up having to run out. Like last week, I thought no chance. But Barnett, with AFB hopefully back with good attitude the forwards seem to be finally coming good.

Barnett 3
Bunty 2
TMM 1

MKEB...

Staff member
3. Barnett ..just keeps turning up with strength
2. Montoya.. kept taking bombs, and smashing with hit ups.
1. Ale... he has really started to show the beast at last that we seen potential for three years ago. Today he hit the line hard and attracted multiple defenders every time.

One Warrior

Bench
3. Barnett
2. TMM
1. Niukore

HM's most of the team, another great, brave win, with so many out and all the disruptions.

Meth

Staff member
2 Montoya - I’m known to not be a fan, but watching at the ground I thought he was outstanding and am surprised he isn’t getting points from everyone

Fair cop. I think I am just starting with such a negative view of him that he needs to be sensational (as he was today) to get into credit with me. Then when he does one thing wrong, he plummets back to where he was. Irrational of me, but it’ll take some back to back performances for him to win me over.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3 Barnett
2 Montoya - I’m known to not be a fan, but watching at the ground I thought he was outstanding and am surprised he isn’t getting points from everyone
1 TMM
Montoya was very good. I was probably negatively coloured by his iceberg-paced turn for the Phins' last try, but he did everything else impeccably. He and Pompey have a very good understanding of each other

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Haven’t actually got to watch the game yet as I had family commitments yesterday, looking forward to watching the full replay after work and I’ll vote then.

Izz

Bench
Another massive effort.

Kinda funny that we've beaten 2 top 4 teams in a row and only gone from 14th to 13th on the ladder, but that's still much, much better than losing both those games...

Also, while I already rate Webby highly (my rants about his bench use aside), these last 2 games have really shown he's the real coaching deal, imo.

3 - Barnett - massive, particularly with ball in hand
2 - Montoya - maybe the best game he's played as a Warrior
1 - Walker - excellent on both sides of the ball

HMs nearly everyone (even Kosi, who kept his head after that first error)

It was nice to see TMM and CHT sharing the load. TMM obviously the dominant half but it felt like they were playing together, rather than it just being the SJ show.

Ale had a big impact.

Felt like that was Bunty's best game for a good while.

Ford just threw himself around all game.

Lussick also had a good game.

And MGT looked pretty good, too. Bit of trouble handling Farnsworth but also looked dangerous ball in hand. His build reminds me of Ngani Laumape.

Latest posts