What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Knights

Meth

Staff member
3- Egan
2- Harris
1- Barnett

Lots of Honourable Mentions. Walker. Montoya. Kosi. Fonua-Blake. Afoa. CNK Nobody was bad. Even Pompey had his moments.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Juniors
3 - Harris. Immense.
2- Barnett. Its the hard edge we've needed. I'm predicting he will be very good for us.
1- Egan. Canny and tough.

HMz: Like Meth, nobody was bad (except SJs kicking, wtf?) but I thought Montoya, Ford, AFB, CN stood out. Pompey was really solid on D and combined well with Kosi.

3- CNK. unsure how anyone else gets 3, saved Ponga try, and collects grubber so no repeat, great supporting try, awesome defense and massive meters. Effort on effort after effort. (1 knock on first set and recovered well)

2- Harris. Solid defense and soft hands for Barrett break.

1- Egan. Smart, but took a while tonget into game, nice try at end to close game out.

HM: Ford. In a lot in first half and nice break.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, I must admit that I was a bit on the fence about CNK and probably have carried that into this match. Was livid with him dropping that first bomb, but his positional play was otherwise impeccable (which felt weird, as a Warriors fan)

Penrose_11

Juniors
3. CNK
2. Egan
1. Kosi

Chance was outstanding and brought exactly what’s expected from him. Organisation. Hole running and most importantly try line D.

Egan. Directed things well and kept them guessing with a few well timed darts. We struggled a little with flue coming when he went off for that 20mins 2nd half. And that try.

Like most of us I had zero expectations in Kosi but he really put his hand up and I think was pretty much error free. Defused multiple bombs, couple of crucial spot tackles and just all around solid. Probably won’t get another point from anyone all year (hopefully eat my words) but he’s on the board and deservedly so.

LeagueNut

First Grade
3. Egan
2. Ford (would have scored 3 until Egan scored his try)
1. CNK

HM: Walker (loved his energy), Wiliame (better than expected), Webster (some showed a big lift in intensity after the halftime talk, notably AFB).

???: TMM had a couple of nice touches but it felt like 95% of the attack was left to SJ.

One Warrior

Bench
3. CNK
2. Egan
1. Harris

You know it's been a good game when it's very hard who not to give points too, wasn't happy
when I heard Kosi was in, he was very good last night, hard not to give him points, all the new
recruits performed.

HM: Barnett, Ford, Walker, AFB, Williams, Kosi

As always Johnson's kicking needs to improve, but he did not go missing.

Rich102

Staff member
Wasn't flash and on that performance they won't make the 8.

For me:
3. CNK. Really tried all game.
2. Egan.
1. Ford.

3. CNK. Solid game on both ends
2. Walker. He lifted the whole game when he came on
1. Ford/Barnett. Both ran hard and tackled hard

HM Kosi
I dont like him as a player. Hated him after he gave up against the Storm but he was good last night. Seems to be a confidence player.

Meth

Staff member
Also, you gave 2 points to Walker who played less minutes than Egan? No qualms at all with Walker getting points and for precisely the reason that you gave. But I don't get the Egan jibe

Meth

Staff member
It's really good that awarding points is hard.

I was thinking today about what informed my picks. I think it was a real satisfaction with our composure, especially on our own line and in the arm wrestle of the match. I've pinned that to guys like Egan and Harris, but it could just as well be CNK and others coming in. Who knows? Good to see though.

Yeah, I must admit that I was a bit on the fence about CNK and probably have carried that into this match. Was livid with him dropping that first bomb, but his positional play was otherwise impeccable (which felt weird, as a Warriors fan)
It was a big error, but didn't make him go into his shell or affect his game which was impressive.

Meth

Staff member
It was a big error, but didn't make him go into his shell or affect his game which was impressive.

Totally and that's very promising. To be honest, being a Warriors fan for some time now, I thought they would all crumble at that point. I think Webster looks to have instilled something different into them.

JJ

Immortal
If we get this CNK (something reminiscent of they guy in Canberra’s grand final run) we’re doing well, although he’s very limited compared to most fullbacks these days, more a throwback