What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: Australia v Sri Lanka at Brisbane Jan 18, 2013

IanG

Coach
Good time to scrap the rotation policy.

But then again I'm the king of wishful thinking

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee the selectors are copping a slating in the media and rightly so

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he should be taking time off in the winter when we are between series not in the middle of summer ffs

geez they are a bunch of softcocks

Hutty1986

Immortal
lol, "resting" from defending the stupidity of his selectors. He probably just wants to stay home, crack open a few beers and watch SA belt NZ in the one-dayers.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Steve Rixon should be concentrating on getting Scissorhands up to scratch.

Interestingly, Andy Flower has given up the hands on coaching roles of England's ODI and 20/20 teams with Ashley Giles becoming coach. Flower still coaches the test team and overseers all things cricket in the national set up.

Possibly the way of the future.

Hallatia

Referee
to be fair, England play more international cricket than anyone else, they're longest break in the current FTP was 2 months and it has already happened.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
to be fair, England play more international cricket than anyone else, they're longest break in the current FTP was 2 months and it has already happened.

I'm not knocking Flower, it is a sensible move. He still has a say in the limited overs set up.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Now the coach is being rotated :lol: Who's next the gatekeepers at the grounds????

This is the only rotation i ever liked..

1gravitron.jpg

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So a former wicketkeeper is the spin bowling coach??? His first job you would think is getting Wade up to international standard with the gloves.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Invers may be athiest..

No Uzzie or Christian..

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/dan-christian-lost-in-the-system-as-national-selectors-look-elsewhere-for-bowling-all-rounders/story-fn2mcu3x-1226554890231#.UPYj4B3IFu0

Dan Christian lost in the system as national selectors look elsewhere for bowling all-rounders..

News Limited Network January 16, 2013 10:03AM

Dan Christian is lost in the system as national selectors look elsewhere - auditioning all-rounders in a rotation policy where winning is a bonus.

Christian, 29, will also be concerned that disciplinary action from South Australian Cricket Association for damaging some change-room lockers has affected his national chances despite assurances it would not.

Christian was in Australia's first-choice squad during the limited overs tour against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates last September but has missed out on the rotation merry-go-round and been ignored against Sri Lanka in the Commonwealth Bank Series.

"I would like to think I haven't fallen that far off the perch in the last couple of months," said Christian, not the first batsman to belt a locker in frustration.

"I guess it will be about consistency. I am going to have to score some runs and get a bag of wickets a few times in a row."

National chairman of selectors John Inverarity insists his panel wants to find Australia's next bowling all-rounder in choosing Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell and now Moises Henriques on Sunday against Sri Lanka in Brisbane.

Smith and Maxwell failed to fire in Australia's eight-wicket loss to Sri Lanka on Sunday in Adelaide.

There has been no mention of Christian who was 12th man in the Boxing Day Test against India last season and has fronted in 17 one-day and 10 Twenty20 games for Australia.

However Christian's explosive batting and 140km/h seamers remain an attractive option - snaring nine Big Bash League wickets at 23.11 for Brisbane Heat to go with 98 in 37 first-class matches and 17 at 31 - in one-day battle for Australia.

"I understand they are going in a different direction but I don't think I am going too bad," said Christian, who destroyed Sydney Thunder taking 5-26 on December 28.

"I have played that bowling allrounder role recently and believe I have a decent record to show for it with a good economy rate."

Latest posts