What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia V. Panikstan, 14 Jan Bellreive Oval

JJ

Immortal
Speaking of Double Hundreds, any want to bet Hughes makes one and Watson does not.

Entire test career.

obvious question is, who cares... Watson might take 150 wickets as well...

Matthew Sinclair has 2 test double centuries, Jaques Kallis none.... took forever for Tendulkar to get one... not really sure that it's a huge deal tbh

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I expect my openers and number 3 to be capable of it, I do not expect my 5 or 6 to do it.

yappy

Bench
Whilst I agree with you Mr Angry that Hughes will and Watson won't, I'll take an opener who can average over 45 over the long haul first and formost. A couple of big innings are just cream on that, but if you're like Sinclair and can barely average 30 despite a couple of big doubles then you're useless.

I have long thought Hughes will be one of those guys that consistently averages high numbers, with the ability to really fill his boots when he gets in. I have never felt the same about Watson, but he's turning me.

yappy

Bench
Ponting and Clarke are now 8th all time for the 4th wicket in Tests and 3rd all time for Australia. 389 will break Bradman and Ponsford's record (Bradman's 304) and 438 will break Jayawardene and Samaraweera's effort against the Pakis last Feb.

I don't think Ponting will push on past the 624 record for any wicket no matter how bad the Pakis keep bowling.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Ponting and Clarke are now 8th all time for the 4th wicket in Tests and 3rd all time for Australia. 389 will break Bradman and Ponsford's record (Bradman's 304) and 438 will break Jayawardene and Samaraweera's effort against the Pakis last Feb.

I don't think Ponting will push on past the 624 record for any wicket no matter how bad the Pakis keep bowling.

I think they may go for the 437 for the 4th wicket, that's only another 100 or so.

Didgi

They wont be thinkign about records that much, though they might want to up the scoring in these latter parts, towards the declaration. Plenty of wickets in the shed.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't think Clarke counted on Kaneria bowling anywhere near the stumps...he premeditated the leave based on the rubbish he was bowling to Ponting and miscalculated I reckon.

HevyDevy

Coach
A superb captain's knock from the best captain the game has ever seen.

He is the best captain on Bellerive Oval today, but he isn't as good as Tubby and S.Waugh. Fact.

I actually agree with you that he has been far too harshly judged, but he has made some blatant captaincy errors in his time - the likes of which his predecessors would never have committed. Fact.

yappy

Bench
Great knock. I said only last week how great it would be for Punter to come out and slap a double, but I doubted he would. I should doubt him more often. (and hope a Pakistani fielder is sitting under any easy catches he offers early on)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Onya Punter and Clarkey, The mighty finelegs looking good now :D

I think we bat till 30min after tea

Love to see Johnson get his eye in and bat for 10-15 overs

Latest posts