What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 corners

millersnose

Post Whore
so you are agreeing with me that the weight of evidence clearly shows this was a bout of consensual group sex then?

if so i apologise

carcharias

Immortal
"I HAVE a daughter myself." With these five words, NRL star Preston Campbell last night spoke about the shame of Cronulla's sex romp in 2002, when players engaged in group sex with a 19-year-old woman.
Campbell, the Gold Coast player who was the Sharks' hooker for that season, last night said he "felt" for the woman and said "she must have been fighting and scared".
ABC program Four Corners on Monday night revealed the woman - known as Clare - has remained traumatised and suicidal since the incident in a Christchurch hotel.
Four New Zealand police travelled to Sydney to investigate the incident. Channel 9 star Matthew Johns admitted being involved, but no charges were laid.
"I have a daughter (aged 12) myself," Campbell said last night. "If it happened to my daughter I'd want some answers from police.
"I feel for the woman . . . whether she was scared or not. She must have been fighting.
"It must have been difficult for her at the time to deal with it. She must be struggling to get over it. Suicide (threats) shows that. It's hard not to think about her."
Campbell and then Sharks teammate Nick Graham stressed they were not in the room at the time of the incident and hoped the entire 40-man Sharks squad that travelled to NZ wouldn't be tainted by the sex scandal.

"I wasn't part of it. I hope we're not all tainted. I hope they're not looking at me. All I remember is coming back to Sydney and being interviewed by police," Campbell said.
"I hadn't done anything wrong but that was still nerve-racking."
Graham stressed yesterday he was not in the room during the incident.
"I think we are all tainted by it. I'm still blown away by it," he said

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25471520-5001023,00.html

redback

Bench
Maybe you are letting your opposition to just about everything Backflips types on this forum to cloud your judgement. No one is saying that this woman should have been subjected to what she did, but to paint her as an innocent victim is far from the truth. A fair question to her would be, how much did 4 corners pay her?

I fail to see if this woman is so emotionally disturbed as she is trying to make out 7 years after the incident, how is putting herself on national TV going to make it nay better?

Wozza I am certain that 4 Corners went looking for her. She didn't approach the media. I am not suggesting she is totally innocent. She invited 2 blokes to go back with her. It's the other 9-10 that worry me.

I suggest everyone read Preston Campbells thoughts on the matter in todsays Telegraph. In my opinion one of the NRL's genuine good guys.

millersnose

Post Whore
campbell says he wasnt there in response to the media witch hunt going after him

of course he is going to give a bunch of PC platitudes lest he be burnt at the stake of sexual morality

Eion

First Grade
Nice of presto (who wasn't there) to say she was "fighting". He doesn't know that, I don't know that. He should shut his gob and go back to being a speed bump for the titans.

I saw the program last night. No question it's unbalanced reporting and a hatchet job. Still a grubby incident though - doesn't help the current guys at all. Hopefully the current guys can see how easy it is these days to be stitched up and don't put themselves in that position.

carcharias

Immortal
Nice of presto (who wasn't there) to say she was "fighting". He doesn't know that, I don't know that. He should shut his gob and go back to being a speed bump for the titans.

I saw the program last night. No question it's unbalanced reporting and a hatchet job. Still a grubby incident though - doesn't help the current guys at all. Hopefully the current guys can see how easy it is these days to be stitched up and don't put themselves in that position.

That is my biggest gripe.

They did this...and now it looks like one bloke will pay for all of them.
...and my footy club is copping it from all directions.

I have no problem with Preston or any player distancing themselves from this incident.
I would do the exact same thing .

redback

Bench
campbell says he wasnt there in response to the media witch hunt going after him

of course he is going to give a bunch of PC platitudes lest he be burnt at the stake of sexual morality

Are you questioning Campbells integrity? Or are you suggesting he doesn't believe what he is saying in other words he is lying?

I stress the word Are!

Eion

First Grade
That is my biggest gripe.

They did this...and now it looks like one bloke will pay for all of them.
...and my footy club is copping it from all directions.

I have no problem with Preston or any player distancing themselves from this incident.
I would do the exact same thing .
I don't have a problem with Presto distancing himself from it. I would do the same and he can even pass judgement and call them a bunch of grubby ar$eholes for participating imo. I do have a massive issue with him saying "she must have been fighting and scared" though. That implies rape and was a stupid thing to say - he was not there.

carcharias

Immortal
I think he is talking about depression and her suicide attempts (?) after it.

He suffers from depression.

I am almost sure that is what he is getting at...It is poorly written.
It is just thwe way the journo's love to misquote people.

I heard on BSB this morning that young Knights dude who said to stick them in a cab was refering to a one night stand between 1 man and 1 woman , but they cut it up to suggest he was refering to a gang bang.

Eion

First Grade
"Poorly written" now that's something I'd believe. I do like presto and will give him the benefit of the doubt. If I was presto I'd be demanding the f**king journo clarify his piece of sh!t article.

squiddy

Juniors
I liek the fact Presto has come out and distanced himself - good on him

I see Nick Graham has also spoken out and said he wasnt involved as well

So many players , officals and the club are being tainted with this shyte

Quigs

Immortal
Just heard on ABC news that Matt has been stood down by Nien

So I guess those of us that have digressed in life best watch out

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs