What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 corners

Frenzy.

Immortal
If she swimming at the beach & 6 big Sharks were swimming around her would she have screamed then? or closed her eyes? I mean real sharks. If you are scared, you are scared. She wasn't scared.

That's a poor analogy actually and no, she would not of necessarily screamed. The ocean going sharks would instill fear but would not be playing with the head. The ocean going sharks would not have the ability to gag her and stop her screaming. The ocean going sharks wouldn't care if she screamed. The ocean going sharks don't carry the same perception of having something to lose. The ocean going sharks are operating off instinct without premeditation or plan.

Not the same by a long stretch reef

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
That's a poor analogy actually and no, she would not of necessarily screamed. The ocean going sharks would instill fear but would not be playing with the head. The ocean going sharks would not have the ability to gag her and stop her screaming. The ocean going sharks wouldn't care if she screamed. The ocean going sharks don't carry the same perception of having something to lose. The ocean going sharks are operating off instinct without premeditation or plan.

Not the same by a long stretch reef

If she was standing in the kitchen & had 4 mice & 2 cockroaches run past her & one of those mice was hypnotherpist black mambuma witch doctor mouse, would she have screamed then?
Too f**king right she would have.
So there we have it, Sharks players with their cox out are less scary than Real Sharks, mice & cockroaches.

Last edited:

SirShire

First Grade
IMO it would take a VERY brave girl to of attempted to stop what had already started. The assumption that she allegedly didn't say no or allegedly didn't scream does not in any way imply consent. The question wasn't asked of her as to whether any of that happened so no one here knows.

She was probably scared witless and whether or not she consented to have sex with the 2 she went back with is irrelevant to the events that allegedly took place later.

If you give a couple of people one of your prize roses it doesn't mean all their mates can come and have a rose as well. That's what it amounts to.

She didn't get PTSD (and there were reports from a psychiatrist that confirmed it) from enjoying it I can assure people of that.

This doesn't sit too well with me. I believe her.

Well that is it right there. A failure to speak or to struggle does not constitute failure to consent and so the question of why she didn't scream is irrelevant.

As to be expected, I found Palavi and Durazza to be overreacting prima donnas, the former more so than the latter, although I don't deny that Choc is a pig. I was unsure about the Knights bird, she wasn't entirely convincing, or just didn't seem to genuine, not that that matters.

But the Kiwi bird, well she definitely sounded like a troubled women. The fact that a NZ mental health authority has diagnosed PTSD and self harm, and are paying her compensation, well that speaks volumes.

Interesting to hear the names come up as to who were some of the blokes involved in this incident. One which isn't suprising as he can be seen acting like a goose most weekends.

squiddy

Juniors
You know I can see the two sides of this story so I wont go there but

What I want to say is I'm disapointed .

Disapointed that my club has been dragged through this crap !! - And it wasn't a secret I knew about it back then as it was reported in the media , so what does that say about the media reporting ? Is it just that now people crave more sensationalism ? Why such a BIG story in 2009 when it was reported in the media in 2002 ?

I'm disapointed that a man of 30 married with a kid could get involved in this type of scenario , call me old fashioned , but that's my beliefs . That is the crime - right here folks !!

Like Carch I just can't comprehend getting the old fellar out and stroking it in front of other males - NO WAY !!

I'm disapointed that this media report is focussing on just one guy , Why ?

The timing of this is terrible for the sharks given everything else going on and that pi**es me off.

I can't see how John's can continue on the footy show or in any media , I don't necessarly think thats the correct course of action , but media pressure will force him out .

squiddy

Juniors
. I was unsure about the Knights bird, she wasn't entirely convincing, or just didn't seem to genuine, not that that matters.

Well it does matter for Dane Tilse , I would actually believe his side of the story that he was only tickling her , but either way stupid to go into her room .

SirShire

First Grade
You know I can see the two sides of this story so I wont go there but

What I want to say is I'm disapointed .

Disapointed that my club has been dragged through this crap !! - And it wasn't a secret I knew about it back then as it was reported in the media , so what does that say about the media reporting ? Is it just that now people crave more sensationalism ? Why such a BIG story in 2009 when it was reported in the media in 2002 ?

I'm disapointed that a man of 30 married with a kid could get involved in this type of scenario , call me old fashioned , but that's my beliefs . That is the crime - right here folks !!

Like Carch I just can't comprehend getting the old fellar out and stroking it in front of other males - NO WAY !!

I'm disapointed that this media report is focussing on just one guy , Why ?

The timing of this is terrible for the sharks given everything else going on and that pi**es me off.

I can't see how John's can continue on the footy show or in any media , I don't necessarly think thats the correct course of action , but media pressure will force him out .

He's the only one from those days with any profile now. Look at his role in rugby league, it is a huge scalp.

We all knew that something happened in 02 and that nothing was made in the way of charges to substantiate the allegations. It is an issue now because she's decided to speak up and now we actually have an inkling of what went on, and how distasteful it was.

What makes it worse is that Johns hasn't denied his role. The club haven't disputed what went on. Capsis has come out and said it was bad. Johns has gone into hiding. It has all the makings for a perfect storm.

Well it does matter for Dane Tilse , I would actually believe his side of the story that he was only tickling her , but either way stupid to go into her room .

Yes, but I meant it in the context of it not ultimately not mattering whether I thought she seemed sincere or not.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well that is it right there. A failure to speak or to struggle does not constitute failure to consent and so the question of why she didn't scream is irrelevant..

A failure to scream or yell for help whilst in a public place is relevant.
A failure to say no, is relevant.
A failure to say stop, is relevant.
A failure to attempt to leave is relevant.
A failure to tell police was she forced into something, not to speak, not to move, or to not leave etc is relevant.
A failure to stop participating actively, is relevant.

She was up for it 110% & has now learnt that maybe there is some dollars in it. I wonder who her manager is?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Anyone remember why Firman was in NZ, but not picked for the side. He played for the Saints in 2002? Was this the reason Firman was given a release?

TEAMS ANNOUNCED FOR WARRIORS VS SHARKS TRIAL
Saturday 16 Feb 2002 11:34
by Michael Garbutt
The teams have been announced for today's trial between the New Zealand Warriors and the Cronulla Sharks in Christchurch. A crowd of 12000 is expected to attend what should be a well-contested battle.

The teams for the match are:

CRONULLA SHARKS
Team: David Peachey (c), Colin Best, Chris McKenna, Paul Mellor, Matthew Reick, Matthew Johns, Preston Campbell, Danny Nutley, Dean Treister, Andrew Pierce, Paul Gallen, Karl Lovell, Nick Graham
Reserves: Brett Kimmorley, Sam Isemonger, Dean Bosnich, Nick Paterson, David Tangata-Toa, Pat Gibson, Michael Sullivan, Paul Franze.

Was this the reason a few of these blokes were released?

Was Noddy one of the bangers?

I'm pretty sure that at the time Andrew Pierce was implicated.

SirShire

First Grade
Yes Frenzy that is the name I've heard come up a couple of times today - did it make the media at the time?

I'd be interested to see on what grounds the NZ police found it reasonable to not press charges. Must be something?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I'd be interested to see on what grounds the NZ police found it reasonable to not press charges. Must be something?

For what? Charges for what. This is the problem with all this PC krap this current generation is being brainwashed with.

You say there must be something. I say there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. If there was the slightest hing that she might have even just wanted to say NO or STOP but forgot how, they would have laid charges & commenced an investigation.
The players co-operated & were truthful & everything matched.
She was the town bike & is now looking for the bling bling.
matty matty bling bling.

SirShire

First Grade
For what? Charges for what. This is the problem with all this PC krap this current generation is being brainwashed with.

You say there must be something. I say there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. If there was the slightest hing that she might have even just wanted to say NO or STOP but forgot how, they would have laid charges & commenced an investigation.
The players co-operated & were truthful & everything matched.
She was the town bike & is now looking for the bling bling.
matty matty bling bling.

That's not what I meant. It is quite obvious, from the statements of Johns, to the ABC naming players, and comments from people like George Capsis that something lewd went on there.

What I'm saying is that the NZ police must not have pressed charges for a reason. Consent maybe? It doesn't make the whole event any more pleasant to stomach, but presumably from the fact that it was never pursued in court it leans towards the assumption that it was legal?

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Maybe we need Dave Q in here to explain NZ law. Maybe in NZ law they can't lay charges without a complainant?

I don't know. Just speculating

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yes Frenzy that is the name I've heard come up a couple of times today - did it make the media at the time?

My recollection is that it did and that's why it came to mind. Can't find anything about it on google though and this forum (the Sharks part anyway) wasn't going in 2002 as we were all that the O forum.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Maybe we need Dave Q in here to explain NZ law. Maybe in NZ law they can't lay charges without a complainant?

I don't know. Just speculating

huh? She did make a complaint. "They didn't kiss me goodbye"

that is why the cops were involved. She made the complaint 5 days after claiming shed been sexually assaulted. A lie.

redback

Bench
A failure to scream or yell for help whilst in a public place is relevant.
A failure to say no, is relevant.
A failure to say stop, is relevant.
A failure to attempt to leave is relevant.
A failure to tell police was she forced into something, not to speak, not to move, or to not leave etc is relevant.
A failure to stop participating actively, is relevant.

She was up for it 110% & has now learnt that maybe there is some dollars in it. I wonder who her manager is?

In this instance your failure to evolve from early humans neanderthal stage is very relevant!

You are one sick man. I am still wondering if there is a profiler out there who can give us an understanding into what makes this woman hater tick.

The Popper

Bench
This is the problem with all this PC krap this current generation is being brainwashed with.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: The most sensible thing that's ever been said on this forum.
I refused to watch the Four Corners program. Seeing the `groupies' regularly throw themselves at players in clubs after matches etc. is enough for me,
Yep, Blacktip. The world's gone bloody mad.......topsy turvey and higgledy piggledy. Sometimes I feel like I'm living on the wrong planet. It's certainly not the same planet Earth where I grew up.