What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations Final - Australia vs England

Drzoidberg

Juniors
f**k you trolls. Your metrosexual players are going to get crushed by the brute force of the English forwards.

I'm talking about multiple KO's, Australians left all over the park in a world of pain. You don't have what it takes. You aren't strong enough or big enough to hang with England.

Glass jaw Inglis will be gone soon. Expect someone to spark him clean out just like Origin 3. That woman beater is going to be HUMBLED and removed from the field.

That other son of a bitch Paul Gallen is going to get a few to jaw if he plays to. The filthy grub will wish he stayed at home. Ellis and Crabtree will find him.

Your entire team will feel the squeeze. The pressure the English team apply will be too much. Australia will crumble by half time.

You can not beat us. Australia are the worst team in the tournament bar France. It's laughable how the mighty have fallen.

See now thats what you would call an excellent English standard commentator right there people, just like Stevo Stephenson

Maybe you would make a good ref like Steve Ganson, with your one eyed statements and biased rulings.

Your name aint Steve by the way?

And I believe they did in 26mins flat, or have you forgotten that?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
And there in the gallery of the Old Bailey is Rugby Highlights with his son in the dock facing his 2nd arson conviction, 13th conviction of aggravated burglary, 4th rape conviction and a 3rd conviction of pedophilia, he yells to the judge - "not my son fault your honor - maybe its that crowd he associates with - my son is such a good boy."

Chook Norris

First Grade
The england forward pack may contain certain 'explosive' or 'tough' forwards.. but there's no use when they will fail to play like a well drilled unit that moves up in unison.. in defiance of the Aussie Pack - their idols ;) :lol:

Until the England side can overcome that psychological barrier will they even challenge Australia on a regular basis; same thing with what we've seen in the NZ side.
Solution? stop importing old hacks and start exporting more stars and expose them to the NRL's intensity; there's another word - intensity.. something else that SL must learn to develop over a prolonged period

now i'm not saying that the English side have no chance, it's just that i very much doubt they can compete with the pace that the Australians play at; the speed the ball is moved contrasts immensely as akin to the defensive lines.

Hoping Elland Road can sell out..

Last edited:

marv

Juniors
f**k you trolls. Your metrosexual players are going to get crushed by the brute force of the English forwards.

I'm talking about multiple KO's, Australians left all over the park in a world of pain. You don't have what it takes. You aren't strong enough or big enough to hang with England.

Glass jaw Inglis will be gone soon. Expect someone to spark him clean out just like Origin 3. That woman beater is going to be HUMBLED and removed from the field.

That other son of a bitch Paul Gallen is going to get a few to jaw if he plays to. The filthy grub will wish he stayed at home. Ellis and Crabtree will find him.

Your entire team will feel the squeeze. The pressure the English team apply will be too much. Australia will crumble by half time.

You can not beat us. Australia are the worst team in the tournament bar France. It's laughable how the mighty have fallen.

Will you shut up you utter clown.

marv

Juniors
Does anyone think, or is it just me being optimistic, that England coming through a game of tougher intensity against the Kiwis, and having been the best side in the competition for their last 120 minutes could give them a real boost going into the final.

I feel some of the young guys in the side who have never played against Aus will have felt overawed by the Australian side, as we seem to do so often. People have made a point of saying Australia eased up and while that might have been true, I personally think its balls, any Aussie worth his salt would want to humiliate England on their own patch especially when they basically have the following week off in their game against France.

I dont know if we have enough to win it, going by the wigan game our kicking, and conversly our returning was not even in the same league and I feel thats where our problems start, but if we dont give Australia a point a minute for the first 30, we would give ourselves a good chance come the 80th.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I do in fact give England some hope. I think their pack is equal to ours (not downgrading ours talking up theirs). But outwide we have the edge.

England is the form team.

But cream rises to the top and in the end your halves whist willing do not have the class.

So in conclusion packs even out our backs more potent, and our halves more classy.

Aussies but 6 to 12.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Looks like tickets are moving too slowly:

http://www.gillette4nations.co.uk/article.php?id=15898

RFL Chairman calls on fans to turn out in force

Monday 9th November 2009
4466.jpg
Story in brief:

RFL Chairman Richard Lewis has called on supporters across the country to turn out in force this Saturday for the Gillette Four Nations...
RFL Chairman Richard Lewis has called on supporters across the country to turn out in force this Saturday for the Gillette Four Nations Final to prove to the world that the UK is ready to stage a successful Rugby League World Cup in 2013.
Earlier this year the UK beat Australia for the right to stage the 2013 competition and although that tournament is still four years away, Lewis believes the climax to the Gillette Four Nations is key to growing the sport of Rugby League in this country.
Richard Lewis said: “Saturday’s final is a chance for the whole Rugby League community to unite and turn out in force to support the national side in a major international final.
“It’s of paramount importance that we show that Rugby League deserves to take its place in the golden decade of sport by staging the 2013 Rugby League World Cup in this country and our supporters can help do that by supporting England on Saturday.
“Last year’s sell-out World Cup Final in Brisbane was a great spectacle and I would like to see something similar when Leeds stages the Gillette Four Nations Final.
“International Rugby League has the potential to significantly raise the profile of Rugby League in this country not only in terms of participants and supporters but also in the media.
“The team can play their part by putting in a great performance against a very strong Australian side but the fans can also do their bit by turning out in force and helping post a big crowd.”
Lewis is quick to highlight that with tickets starting from just £20 for adults and £10 for concessions, Saturday’s final between England and Australia represents excellent value for money for supporters.
Richard Lewis added: “If we are to show that we are a big sport in this country alongside the likes of football, rugby union and cricket then you’d like to think that for a major international final featuring two rival nations a big crowd will turn out in force.
“We understand that money is tight for a lot of people at the moment but we believe we have priced tickets for the final accordingly.”
Tickets for next Saturday’s Gillette Four Nations Final between England and Australia at Elland Road, Leeds are still available and prices start from £20 for adults and £10 for concessions.
To purchase please call 0844 856 11 13 or visit www.rugbyleaguetickets.co.uk
For the latest tournament news, please visit www.gillette4nations.co.uk

wiganjohn

Juniors
I hope england show no respect to the australians on saturday, because the minute we show respect and dont play our game they will blow us off the park and it will be all over.
We rugby fans in England always asume that the rugby being played in the nrl is much better quality than what's being played in the superleague, and that any player from the southern hemisphere is miles better than any English player. Speaking as a wigan fan, I think that this attitude has cost my team. I think this because the wigan management would rather employ sub-standard australians than very good quality wiganers.
Anyway im going of topic. My point is the australians are good, but the english are just as good.
I honestly believe we will smash the australian forwards on saturday night, and then tomkins and eastmond will run rings around some old australian legs.
COME ON ENGLAND! Lets smash the Ausies! Show no respect, because they are past it!

Boganater

Juniors
I hope england show no respect to the australians on saturday, because the minute we show respect and dont play our game they will blow us off the park and it will be all over.
We rugby fans in England always asume that the rugby being played in the nrl is much better quality than what's being played in the superleague, and that any player from the southern hemisphere is miles better than any English player. Speaking as a wigan fan, I think that this attitude has cost my team. I think this because the wigan management would rather employ sub-standard australians than very good quality wiganers.
Anyway im going of topic. My point is the australians are good, but the english are just as good.
I honestly believe we will smash the australian forwards on saturday night, and then tomkins and eastmond will run rings around some old australian legs.
COME ON ENGLAND! Lets smash the Ausies! Show no respect, because they are past it!
You talk a good game, everyone knows the Poms bravado is really thinly veiled envy. Once Inglis tears you right side defence a new one it will be game over.

roughyedspud

Coach
he did'nt get through once in the 2nd half of the group game...but then again he probably was'nt trying was he..:lol:

as for ticket sales for the final,the website went down yesterday due to demand and there was a hour wiat on the phones too....apparently

wiganjohn

Juniors
Inglis is a good player, but a team is not about 1 player.
The aussie team is a team of some average/some old/some good, but they have not played well as a team in this competition.
England have played as a team, and we have some outstanding players.
I would be afraid if i was an ausie forward
Look at the world club challenge and the way english teams dominate that competition, and the way we send your best teams home bruised, battered and beaten. That is the way your best national side will be returning home on sunday.

Boganater

Juniors
Inglis is a good player, but a team is not about 1 player.
The aussie team is a team of some average/some old/some good, but they have not played well as a team in this competition.
England have played as a team, and we have some outstanding players.
I would be afraid if i was an ausie forward
Look at the world club challenge and the way english teams dominate that competition, and the way we send your best teams home bruised, battered and beaten. That is the way your best national side will be returning home on sunday.
Our forwards are out of form, granted but they've all played State of Origin. The collisions and intensity of a SOO match are far greater than anything a powder puff English pack can produce. Keep it real fellas. You all sound like Stevo a lot of hot air and no substance. Keep talking it up though it's hilarious. Aus by 20+

wiganjohn

Juniors
Our forwards are out of form, granted but they've all played State of Origin. The collisions and intensity of a SOO match are far greater than anything a powder puff English pack can produce. Keep it real fellas. You all sound like Stevo a lot of hot air and no substance. Keep talking it up though it's hilarious. Aus by 20+

Your whole team is out of form!
Lets see how "powder Puff" the English pack is on Saturday.
I'm bored of talking about it, I wanna see some ausies get smashed to pieces, i cant wait to see australian ball carriers unable to get off the floor after relentless hard tackles.
I can't wait to see old ausies having their legs run off by skillful young english backs.

marv

Juniors

There is only one guy here talking hot air and thats the guy who thinks a pack which dominated the kiwis is powder puff, not to mention the fact origin means sh*t, it happened months ago.

England are just scared. Another final at home, another loss. That's ok. Most understand England are a 3rd World country in league terms, so well done on reaching the final of a four (really three) team series and better luck next time.