What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations game 6 - wales v australia

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it cheapens the jersey, that i is he is not injured.

The Australian team should always be the best available 17 players. The rest of the players in the squad should not get a game just because they are in the squad. I these players deserve a game as some argue, then they should of been picked originally in the top 17.
They've been doing it like this since the first world cup in 1954. I don't think its that big a deal tbh. It's not like they've listed Robert Lui and John Sutton as halves.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
They've been doing it like this since the first world cup in 1954. I don't think its that big a deal tbh. It's not like they've listed Robert Lui and John Sutton as halves.

I know, and they aren't the only national team doing it. The Cricket team and wobblies have been doing it forever.

The jerseys would be even more greater if they didn't though.

I would hate to play my first game just because someone is having a rest.

innsaneink

Referee
I think it cheapens the jersey, that i is he is not injured.

The Australian team should always be the best available 17 players. The rest of the players in the squad should not get a game just because they are in the squad. I these players deserve a game as some argue, then they should of been picked originally in the top 17.
Clubs take 18th man.
You need back ups in a game like ours where injuries and other dramas often occur, see Tonga, Farah
All RL squads have extended squads and by no means does it cheapen anything...if anything its insulting to drag players along to train, watch & not play
They need match fitness in case of emergencies...I dont see any other way around it.

RedVee

First Grade
fair enough my bad

though i find it hard to believe news corp would just hand over 50% of a billion dollar business

Nup, they are getting paid out.

I know, and they aren't the only national team doing it. The Cricket team and wobblies have been doing it forever.

The jerseys would be even more greater if they didn't though.

I would hate to play my first game just because someone is having a rest.
If it was me getting my first jersey in these circumstances I would be bloody thrilled.

It is a tournament with a squad of players, of course they have to manage the squad and give people a chance to press for a spot in the final.
What happens if a guy gets injured in the Wales game and they had taken your suggestion to play the same team every week? A replacement comes in that hasnt played a game for 4 or 5 weeks?

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
If it was me getting my first jersey in these circumstances I would be bloody thrilled.

It is a tournament with a squad of players, of course they have to manage the squad and give people a chance to press for a spot in the final.
What happens if a guy gets injured in the Wales game and they had taken your suggestion to play the same team every week? A replacement comes in that hasnt played a game for 4 or 5 weeks?

Then a player debuts knowing that he is in the 17 best available players in his country. Not just playing because we don't want our best to get hurt.

Clubs take 18th man.
You need back ups in a game like ours where injuries and other dramas often occur, see Tonga, Farah
All RL squads have extended squads and by no means does it cheapen anything...if anything its insulting to drag players along to train, watch & not play
They need match fitness in case of emergencies...I dont see any other way around it.

I'm not arguing that you need back ups. I also hold a test or international appearance higher then a NRL or ESL appearance.

It does cheapen the jersey, could you imagine how much more it would mean if you had to be one of the best 17 available players, instead of been handing a jersey just because we don't want our best players getting injured.

It is also slightly disrespective to the Wales, to not play our best team.

This is just my opinion, I don't expect anyone to agree or disagree with me.

innsaneink

Referee
Im sure all would aspire to play in the on field 13...the back ups look at the 17 with envy

The extended squad look at the final touring squad with envy
Those that missed the extended squad look at those that made it with envy.

Im sure a guy that makes his first grade debut cause a players been dropped due to poor form will forever stew over that

Get real.

drago brelli

Bench
ch 9 isn'tshowing the oz v wales game or the nz v england game which should be a ripper. ch 9 gets the rights to these events and doesn't show them. why do they do this?

Didgi

Because they're merkins of the highest order.

As for playing the squad players.

The aim is to win the competition. Resting players is beneficial to winning the competition by reducing injury risk and providing game time. Therefore the squad players are part of the best strategy and deserve their spots. Everyone has a role.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't think it matters what program is on at that time, they could of always put it on viewers choice if they really wanted to show it live.

It's now listed as starting at 5am. The problem with viewers choice is most people will record it & it's impossible to press the button through IQ

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well Im sure Fox wouldve shown the game live but I reckon Ch 9 chucked a spazz and said "oh but we show the Australian games live"

Well now Ch 9 can go and get f**ked. Theyre a bunch of w@nkers that do nothing but try and ruin the game.

Give the rights to Ch 10 or 7, anyone but the scum on the earth Channel 9.

beave

Coach
I can't believe they aren't showing it live on 9........ well, no that's a lie, but you get what I mean.......

Didgi

f**k me, so what's on in Sydney rather than the 4 Nations?

- Good Morning America Weekend Edition
- Joyce Meyer, Enjoy Everyday Life
- Friends
- Today (on two stations from 5am)
- TMZ
- Married..with Children
- The Flinstones.

Now I can understand being behind the Flinstones, cos lets face it, that's quality viewing, but the rest of that shit? f**kin hell.

RedVee

First Grade
Foxsports 8:30am but as replay.

Live works out as 4:45am Monday.

Last edited:

Latest posts