What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 new signings apparently...

Fibroman

First Grade
I hope we do sign Ryan. I will sniff around him and get all the chicks he knocks back.

Big Mick

Referee
Beau Ryan imo is overrated due to his skits etc.

On the field, he has some brain snaps yes, but if its a choice between him and Purtell, I'd take him any day of the week.

In reality he wont play that much.

He'll battle with Sandor Earl for the other wing spot.

1. Coote
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Vai Vai
5. Earl/Ryan
6. Burns/Seijka
7. Walsh

Not bad.

Big Mick

Referee
To be honest i'd probably go with Ryan over Purts as well but IMO there isnt much between them.

I disagree massively.

I've never seen a more unco player on a football field than Purtell.

The guy is incapable of sliding, incapable of tackling with any form, incapable of bursting through a hole.

betcats

Referee
I disagree massively.

I've never seen a more unco player on a football field than Purtell.

The guy is incapable of sliding, incapable of tackling with any form, incapable of bursting through a hole.

I agree with all your point about Purtell. I just think Ryan is guilty of almost all those things as well.

Big Mick

Referee
Oh I agree with that.

I'm not saying he is going to be a superstar.

But if it means getting him to get Heighington...i'll take the hit.

Fibroman

First Grade
Beau Ryan imo is overrated due to his skits etc.

On the field, he has some brain snaps yes, but if its a choice between him and Purtell, I'd take him any day of the week.

In reality he wont play that much.

He'll battle with Sandor Earl for the other wing spot.

1. Coote
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Vai Vai
5. Earl/Ryan
6. Burns/Seijka
7. Walsh

Not bad.

Mick, you have truly lost the plot.

Seijka is a poor man's Travis Burns.

Gordon should be an automatic selection at fullback and make Coote prove himself to be a half or 5/8.

murraymob

Coach
i think brad tighe may have something to say about getting a wing spot.I would rate brad over ryan purtell and earl

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree with all your point about Purtell. I just think Ryan is guilty of almost all those things as well.

Except he has speed which we need on the wings. Sadly both have terrible defence & basic errors. As for Tighe he has struggled to do anything his whole Panthers stint. So he can miss out unless he improves majorly

Kilkenny

Coach
I dont know whether the rumours about the two West Tigers player coming to the Panthers are true but Beau Ryan in my opinion does not significantly improve our playing roster. He is no better than Sandor Earl, Brad Tighe or Ryan Walker who hasnt as yet been given an opportunity to show what he can do. Waste of money bringing Beau Ryan to the club if it happens.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It seems the package deal swap thingy rumour has been confrimed:

Panthers to get Heighington and Ryan and Tigers get Lewis

Anyone heard anything about this, apparently some bloke heard it on the radio this morning (in the rumoured signings thread in NRL forum)

griffo346

First Grade
that will be all bullshit lewis wont leave he left to rabbits and come back coz he wanted to be a one club man

he wont leave

mxlegend99

Referee
There's absolutely no way the Panthers would let Lewis go. He's the heart and soul of the team and is a much better player then Heighington. Beau Ryan is us doing you guys a favour, so he can't be the sweetener for the deal.

I refuse to believe even our previous management would have been stupid enough to make that deal, so there's no way Gus would do it. He'd have to be on huge overs before Gus would look at getting rid of him.