What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th CB Series ODI: AUS v IND @ MCG

Timbo

Staff member
We're playing like junk but, bugger me, this pitch is a disgrace (as have all the Melbourne wickets this season).

Hurriflatch

Referee
yeah sure it's the pitches fault

maybe certain members of this Australian team are just over rated

or maybe just maybe India are actually a very good team

Dutchy

Immortal
Im heading off to the football now.

You can watch me throwing coins at Jets fans Gong :sarcasm:

mickdo

Coach
Hurriflatch said:

or maybe its the umpires too... but Australia never get bad decisions against them so it can't be that

Bazal

Post Whore
Bloody hell we're good at getting ourselves out...and can I just say how much I hate that you can be stumped off a wide? FFS if the ball is called wide because it gives you no chance of hitting it, how is it that you can be out off a ball you have no chance of defending? Anyways....India by 11 wickets...:evil:

Hurriflatch

Referee
Bazal said:
Bloody hell we're good at getting ourselves out...and can I just say how much I hate that you can be stumped off a wide? FFS if the ball is called wide because it gives you no chance of hitting it, how is it that you can be out off a ball you have no chance of defending? Anyways....India by 11 wickets...:evil:

:-({|= boohoo

mickdo

Coach
Bazal said:
and can I just say how much I hate that you can be stumped off a wide? FFS if the ball is called wide because it gives you no chance of hitting it, how is it that you can be out off a ball you have no chance of defending?
Nah, I like that rule. Gotta have something in there to stop batsmen coming down the pitch against the spinners.

Timbo

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:

Don't believe I actually blamed the pitch there at all.

In fact, I think I may have even noted how poorly we're playing.

Would you describe this as a decent quality wicket?

Bazal

Post Whore
mickdo said:
Nah, I like that rule. Gotta have something in there to stop batsmen coming down the pitch against the spinners.

If the spinner was good enough he wouldn't need to fire it down leg to be honest...I just think it's a silly rule when the entire reason for a wide is because the batsman has no chance of hitting it...

mickdo

Coach
Bazal said:
If the spinner was good enough he wouldn't need to fire it down leg to be honest...I just think it's a silly rule when the entire reason for a wide is because the batsman has no chance of hitting it...
But by the same token he gives away a run if the batsman is good enough to pick it and get back in his ground. There is risk and reward.

Bazal

Post Whore
mickdo said:
But by the same token he gives away a run if the batsman is good enough to pick it and get back in his ground. There is risk and reward.

That may be true, but generally it's too wide for the man with the bat to do too much about it...I just personally don't like it, but the rule is there so what can you do?

Huss is batting well at the moment

mickdo

Coach
Bazal said:
That may be true, but generally it's too wide for the man with the bat to do too much about it...
and generally the bowler gives away a run and has to bowl it again, so it isn't as if he can bowl them all day

Hurriflatch

Referee
if India get this total any the bonus point then we'll know that the quality of the pitch had nothing to do with Australia's pathetic score

Latest posts