What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th CB Series ODI: Mon 26 Jan (AUS DAY) Australia v South Africa @ Adelaide

Spike

First Grade
Tait off the field with a hamstring injury, or he just doesn't feel like playing at the moment

fish eel

Immortal
Yet if McGain proves his fitness why shouldnt be get a game when he is by far the no1 spinner in the country?

If McGain bowls 30-40 overs in Victorias next shield games and gets wickets he probably should be considered.

I'm only bagging people who think Clark should be rushed in but Australia should stick with Krezja because McGain has bowled more overs but not fit enough

Are people saying we should stick with Krezja? Bit hard ti stick with someone who isnt in the team.

Its one thing to say Clarks record demands selection and McGains doesnt,

Yeah, it is, and it's a pretty important point.

One is probably our best most experienced and best available test fast bowler. You wont find another fast bowler in Australia to match Clarke's test record at the moment.

The other one is someone who hasnt played test cricket.

but to say fitness is only an issue for one is rubbish, a
fast bowler if anything would need more conditioning, McGain has already bowled about 60 overs in match conditions and will get plenty more this week

Who is saying that in this discussion? Not me:

he played grade cricket this weekend and as soon as he is fit, should be brought back.

eddiesmith

Juniors
If McGain bowls 30-40 overs in Victorias next shield games and gets wickets he probably should be considered.

A change of tune there

Are people saying we should stick with Krezja? Bit hard ti stick with someone who isnt in the team.

Well I dont think anyone supports Hauritzs inclusion :lol:

Yeah, it is, and it's a pretty important point.

One is probably our best most experienced and best available test fast bowler. You wont find another fast bowler in Australia to match Clarke's test record at the moment.

The other one is someone who hasnt played test cricket.

But then wouldnt the selectors possibly consider a safer option with him being so important with another huge series to follow? Clarks was a long term injury that he had fixed, it flares up again due to rushing back then thats likely the end of him playing the Ashes

Who is saying that in this discussion? Not me:

Be tough for Clark to prove his fitness for a tough series with just 1 game under his belt, McGain has atleast played a 2nd XI game and bowled alot of overs then played the T20 on top of his club game

fish eel

Immortal
A change of tune there

From what?

Saying he shouldnt be picked with little cricket?

Obviously, of he bowls a lot of overs, AND gets wickets, thats not really little cricket.

Well I dont think anyone supports Hauritzs inclusion :lol:

so why mention Krezja? Hauritz is the incumbant spinner, not Krejza

[qupte]
But then wouldnt the selectors possibly consider a safer option with him being so important with another huge series to follow? Clarks was a long term injury that he had fixed, it flares up again due to rushing back then thats likely the end of him playing the Ashes[/quote]

Be tough for Clark to prove his fitness for a tough series with just 1 game under his belt, McGain has atleast played a 2nd XI game and bowled alot of overs then played the T20 on top of his club game

You seriously arent demonstrating T20 as a help to a legspinners match fitness, are you?

NSW play a shield game against Tassie this weekend. I'd expect Clarke to do a lot of work. If he shows he is fit, he tours SA.

eddiesmith

Juniors
From what?

Saying he shouldnt be picked with little cricket?

Obviously, of he bowls a lot of overs, AND gets wickets, thats not really little cricket.

so why mention Krezja? Hauritz is the incumbant spinner, not Krejza

You seriously arent demonstrating T20 as a help to a legspinners match fitness, are you?

NSW play a shield game against Tassie this weekend. I'd expect Clarke to do a lot of work. If he shows he is fit, he tours SA.

He was always going to bowl alot of overs this week if he gets the chance (We are playing SA so might not :lol:) which would take his overs tally above 100 for the month, not bad. As for the T20, not towards fitness but it helped to get some bowling against quality opposition after he had proved his fitness with about 50 overs before he joined the T20 squad

As for Hauritz and Krezja, they swapped em so often was hard to keep track

Just wondering what would be the criteria for Clark, getting through a number of overs unscathed even if he gets smashed? Or some sign of form as well?

Matt23

Staff member
And Mike Hussey really needs to score runs.

There isnt much experience there without Pup, hussey needs to step up.
Agreed on Hussey, but in his defence he was playing ok today and got a dusty decision.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
As does Hussey and Haddin
Husseys record speaks for itselfbut he does need runs, Haddin is the keeper but his batting has been a letdown. But really White and Dussey are there for there batting, calling them bowlers at this level is laughable.

fish eel

Immortal
Just wondering what would be the criteria for Clark, getting through a number of overs unscathed even if he gets smashed? Or some sign of form as well?

I think if he bowls a good number of overs and works up good pace that will be enough to get him on the plane and into the warm up match before the test.

eddiesmith

Juniors
Husseys record speaks for itselfbut he does need runs, Haddin is the keeper but his batting has been a letdown. But really White and Dussey are there for there batting, calling them bowlers at this level is laughable.
Well with the side chosen they are there to bowl 10 overs between them

But White is also picked for his hitting, yet so far he hasnt had a chance as those above him keep failing bringing him in too early

scottyeel

Bench
Well with the side chosen they are there to bowl 10 overs between them

But White is also picked for his hitting, yet so far he hasnt had a chance as those above him keep failing bringing him in too early
Dusseys bowled 4 overs for 29.
If he is there for bowling and batting he is failing worse than I first thought.