What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Adelaide Jan 24-28, 2012

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I remember Clarke's interview after his 300, he joked about how he was happy to beat Punters highest score, after that was just a bonus.

So when Punter gets to 328, we will declare.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Beaker Sharma is the biggest imposter in world cricket since Muhammad Sami. I've heard people say he's been 'unlucky' but he hasn't been. He's been too short, too wide, too slow and too timid. And he's been the same for 4 years.
Khan at the other end looks like he's buggered.

Indian cricket on the slide. Couldn't be happier.

Meth

Staff member
I'd love to see a record,but the state of the game doesn't allow it...Unless one of them goes all"Davey Warner"..

We've still got to bowl them out twice on a flat deck..

I would say 3 days should be sufficient for you to bowl that mob out. And, if not, you still win the series 3-0. I think that the morale boost that Clarke or Ponting beating that record would provide to this group of players would be massive.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Beaker Sharma is the biggest imposter in world cricket since Muhammad Sami. I've heard people say he's been 'unlucky' but he hasn't been. He's been too short, too wide, too slow and too timid. And he's been the same for 4 years.
Khan at the other end looks like he's buggered.

Indian cricket on the slide. Couldn't be happier.

+1..

He's a different bowler than the Sharma out here 4 years ago..

Loving it..

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I would say 3 days should be sufficient for you to bowl that mob out. And, if not, you still win the series 3-0. I think that the morale boost that Clarke or Ponting beating that record would provide to this group of players would be massive.

I agree with you..But if Clarke brushed the record in Sydney,with everything in his favour to bat on..Then he won't do it here IMO..

I'd love to be wrong though..:D

yappy

Bench
I'd love to see a record,but the state of the game doesn't allow it...Unless one of them goes all"Davey Warner"..

We've still got to bowl them out twice on a flat deck..

Yeah very different situation to Sydney. We can go past tea, but India have to be batting plenty before stumps. Very much doubt there's enough time to get near 400, but a triple is doable for one of these two.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The record doesn't mean that much to Australian cricket. Bradman's 334 and Taylor's 334no are more revered than Hayden's bully score of 380. Winning is what has mattered more to Australia than records in the past.

Meanwhile old Bill is about to have an orgasm on air.

chrisD

Coach
We should be batting well into day 3, there should be left no chance to have to bat again. All assuming we don't get out.

aussies1st

Staff member
BTW- premature to talk this way at the moment, but if Clarke gets in the vicinity of 400, or any of the other milestones, he bloody better well take them.

That is why he should have gone for it in Sydney. He had the best chance to go after it and still win the game. There is no chance he will get it in this match, he would need to bat into day 3 of the match and that would be putting his team's chances in more jeopardy than in Sydney.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We should be batting well into day 3, there should be left no chance to have to bat again. All assuming we don't get out.

I'd be very surprised if that happens. This innings is now about scoring swiftly enough to allow our bowlers to get India out twice on a very good batting pitch.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
I think as far as viewing cricket live, Adelaide Oval is the best in Australia. Followed by SCG and Bellrive/WACA. MCG and Gabba are just too big and hard to see without binoculars.

Latest posts