What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Adelaide Jan 24-28, 2012

undertaker

Coach
Scored a double on the flattest Australian pitch I've ever seen then became a South African bunny.

Victorian's won't accept it but everyone else knew why he was dumped.

Not to mention, we could've had 21 consecutive test wins (starting with that win vs World XI) instead of 16 in that streak had he been not allowed to get the double century. Absolute utter selfishness. There's no "I" in the word "team". Because of that, we ran out of time and South Africa batted out a draw. That still pisses me off to this day, as it's highly unlikely we'll get another opportunity to break this record for many years.

Meth

Staff member
You have to take in every possibility. All it takes is one of the Indians to drop anchor and the other players to stick around.

Yeah. I guess I just have very low expectations of this Indian team. They're gutless.

undertaker

Coach
http://paktribune.com/sports/news/Brad-Hodge-hits-out-at-Aussie-selectors-10715.html

"I wish the selectors that are involved now were involved back then because I might have had half a sniff. It doesn`t make a lot of sense to me anymore but, having said that, it doesn`t bother me one little bit any more either", he added."

Talk about contradicting yourself. If is supposedly doesn't bother you, why are you bitching about it then (not for the first time, mind you)? Absolute tool of the nth degree. Typical Victorian

icewind

Juniors
Geoff Marsh had a role to play for his team... see off the new ball. Any extra runs were a bonus back then. Shaun seems to have a similar yet slightly different role of seeing the new ball and walking off, usually in the same over. ANY runs are a bonus.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Serious question for BunniesMan. And I want you to be honest here. Are you Phil Hughes?
Lol. Everyone is hating on Hughes and myself, but I know talent when I see it. And he's got talent. He would have scored a mountain against this crap attack. I said all summer he should have been given to the end of this series, instead they replaced him with people who are doing no better.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Huh? What does Hodge have anything to do with this? Hodge retired from first-class cricket ages ago after he realised the selectors had blacklisted him for reasons unknown to him

That's exactly my point. We regularly pick very average players like Marsh and North, while outstanding players like Hodge get left on the outer, leaving them no other option other than to retire.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
That's exactly my point. We regularly pick very average players like Marsh and North, while outstanding players like Hodge get left on the outer, leaving them no other option other than to retire.
Apparently Hodge was not the most liked player in the Australian dressing room, he and the captain in particular were not great mates.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol: Outstanding???? He was a flat track Bully who never could make double figures at the Gabba against QLD in the Shield. And for most of his career he was left out for superior players. Waugh x2, Ponting,Martyn, Lehman,Clarke,Katich etc etc. You want unlucky give Micheal Bevan a call. Ruled the Sheild on all decks against everyone for 15 years and was discarded at around the age of 26 or 7. They had him batting at 7 for a time so they keep Taylor in the team.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Hodge had the same problem with the short ball as Phil Hughes..

He never sorted his issues out..

For our depths sake i hope Hughes does..

beads6

First Grade
So I didn't see the wickets I went for a kip. What happened with Marsh, Warner and Cowan. Pretty disappointed we lost 3 wickets this afternoon tbh. Still need to get to a 500+ lead for us to be safe IMO. Indians could pull a rabbit out of a hat in the run chase.

yappy

Bench
Nah we're 99.99% safe now. These pricks are done.

Cowan struggled to against Ashwin and ended up popping one back.

Marsh was a touch unlucky as he was struck outside the line, but f**k him, if it wasn't that ball it would have been one soon enough. Didn't look like hitting the ball.

Cowan got a bit far across trying to turn Ashwin around the corner and had one that didn't turn get him. Probably looked the best of the three.

aussies1st

Staff member
Didn't think Haddin would be getting another chance although if Ponting and Clarke do their norm he won't anyway. Openers still got some work to do but we need to stick with a pair and they have looked the most promising so far.

beads6

First Grade
I like the Warner and Cowan pairing TBH. Cowan has been a very good inclusion. Very good at short leg as well. WHen Watson is fit I'd move Punter back to 3 and have Watson at 4.

Latest posts