What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Adelaide Jan 24-28, 2012

undertaker

Coach
From the moment he swung his bat behind him and completely left that wide one that Khan bowled him (which should've been smashed the boundary), I knew he was in deep trouble. Even during their form slumps, Taylor/Haydos/Punter/Hussey didn't do that. It was almost as if Marsh was scared of the ball and tried to move as far away from it as possible

undertaker

Coach
Will Ponting and Clarke have to bail us out again? This time, Australia are very lucky that they've got a huge 1st innings lead to work with, otherwise it could've been deja vu of the 2003 Adelaide test all over again.

Matt23

Staff member
....and watch them rush Watson back to the top of the order, He'd be an improvement on Marsh, but I wouldn't be batting him at 3.

undertaker

Coach
....and watch them rush Watson back to the top of the order, He'd be an improvement on Marsh, but I wouldn't be batting him at 3.

Agreed. 5 or 6 is where I'd bat Watson. Warner/Cowan/Clarke/Ponting/Watson/Hussey is the top 6 I'd go with, with Khawaja asFIRST replacement if one of those 6 were injured.

BunniesMan

Immortal
That this top 3 can't score against this rubbish attack on this flat pitch is an embarassment.

Hughes and Khawaja would have cashed in. They were sacked after not scoring on the toughest pitches of the summer against a better attack than this Indian attack.

Warner has earnt some time, but Cowan and Marsh have not.

Hughes has just scored a 100 in grade cricket, if he and Khawaja score runs when Shield comes back they should be in the XI in the next series.

Meth

Staff member
That this top 3 can't score against this rubbish attack on this flat pitch is an embarassment.

Hughes and Khawaja would have cashed in. They were sacked after not scoring on the toughest pitches of the summer against a better attack than this Indian attack.

Warner has earnt some time, but Cowan and Marsh have not.

Hughes has just scored a 100 in grade cricket, if he and Khawaja score runs when Shield comes back they should be in the XI in the next series.

Geez, well rush him right back in then.

Seriously BunniesMan, you're fighting a losing battle with this one.