What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5/8 options

betcats

Referee
Jesse’s play awesome and I’m sure tgat wasn’t the plan when cole put it up but regardless it’s hard to argue that it didn’t land in a good spot for us. As westy said it was going to be really difficult for the dragons to get a good result from that landing where it did with time for Jesse to get to it on the full. They would need a lucky bounce or an incredible play from the full back.

Iamback

Coach
Assuming we sign no one cole is tear away fave at this point. Correct me if I’m wrong but he has four ta’s in his last two starts? Definitely some things to work, long kicking being the main one. But some really good signs also. He’s going into the line and passing often. When we get momentum he runs well and looks dangerous. His mid and short kicking he consistently lands the ball in the right spot. Defensively looks really good so far.

4 try assists but his try was off a kick. So that counts for assessment purposes

Bob

Juniors
Assuming we sign no one cole is tear away fave at this point. Correct me if I’m wrong but he has four ta’s in his last two starts? Definitely some things to work, long kicking being the main one. But some really good signs also. He’s going into the line and passing often. When we get momentum he runs well and looks dangerous. His mid and short kicking he consistently lands the ball in the right spot. Defensively looks really good so far.
We do have a another one in reserve grade/jersey flegg
Zach Lamont, mid season transfer from the Cowboys

Named as Queensland's halfback for the 2023 Under-19s State of Origin series, the Panthers have been able to poach Zack Lamont from the North Queensland Cowboys.

Playing with the Townsville Blackhawks last season in the Mal Meninga Cup and Hastings Deering Colts competition, Lamont was a Cowboys Young Guns member but has now moved down to New South Wales.

At this stage, it is unknown what type of contract he has agreed on with the Panthers, but he has spent the past two weeks competing for the club's NSW Cup team.

Jarome Luai's departure to the Wests Tigers next season will see him contend with Jack Cole, Daine Laurie, Brad Schneider and Trent Toelau to partner Cleary in the halves for the 2025 NRL season.

Lamont's signing to the Panthers comes after the club has lost Isaiya Katoa (The Dolphins), Luke Hanson (New Zealand Warriors), Sean O'Sullivan (The Dolphins), and Riley Pollard (Cronulla Sharks) in the past few seasons.

They will also lose Jarome Luai (Wests Tigers) and Jett Cleary (New Zealand Warriors) to rival teams next season.

“I loved any halfback that was good… Johnathan Thurston was so good,” Lamont told QRL.com last season when asked who he looked up to as a child.

“He does pop around for kicking sessions. Every time you see him there, you're kind of in awe. Whenever he's around, everyone loves it.

Darren Lockyer…. he was so dominant starting out. That's when I really started getting into footy.

"Obviously I was nine, but I'd go back and watch all of his stuff. He was so good. Such a good five-eighth who moved around the field really well.”

His arrival to the Penrith Panthers makes him the sixth player who competed in last year's Under-19s State of Origin series, alongside Harrison Hassett, Jesse McLean, Luron Patea, Billy Scott and Tim Sielaff-Burns.