What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Test: Austalia vs England at SCG Jan 3-7 2011

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
England just seven runs away from their best ever score in Australia (636)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
would looked pretty crazy on the pitch map and the trajectory viewer

HevyDevy

Coach
I reckon the next fifty posts on here would have been about the "decision" if Hilfy's wicket was given not out, but as it wasn't its gone through to the keeper (pun intended).

This is getting emabarrasing mind. Glad Im not back in England, where I had to endure the 2005 and 2009 losses, that was hard to handle, but this is bad.

I honestly thought England would lose motivation in this one and we might win. Shows the sign of a good team that they can still dominate us like this.

I'm embarrassed by Billy Bowden twice referring a no-ball back to the third umpire. I just don't understand it. He is basically admitting that he misses no balls or doesn't call close ones.

I wonder if next time he gives an LBW decision he'll call the batsman back because he's not sure?

Canard

Immortal
If the right decision is made, Im not fussed.

I honestly though we might have England bowled out by Lunchtime YESTERDAY.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
If the right decision is made, Im not fussed.

I honestly though we might have England bowled out by Lunchtime YESTERDAY.

TBF, I thought you wouldnt get 200 so to get as much as you did was a surprise when I got up the next day.

chefman21

Juniors
I'm not sure that getting a whole bunch of young guys into the side straight away is the way to go. Especially the bowling stocks. It needs to be a progression over time not a reaction to the times. The process of getting Australian cricket back to it's best is going to take at least 5 years. Probably more. The whole process needs to be slow, careful and intensive. Not rushed and reactive, with shortcuts being taken. The fact of the matter is that there are very few Test ready replacements for any of our bowlers. Or even our batsman. As far as I'm concerned, the Australian cricket side can struggle for the next 5 years and build some character while we develop a core group of young players who are Test ready. As the old proverb goes, a stitch in time saves nine.

yappy

Bench
I'm embarrassed by Billy Bowden twice referring a no-ball back to the third umpire. I just don't understand it. He is basically admitting that he misses no balls or doesn't call close ones.

I wonder if next time he gives an LBW decision he'll call the batsman back because he's not sure?

I honestly can't see the problem. Beer is a tough call because he doesn't land the heel. Standing behind as the umpire is it's almost impossible to be sure of a spinner. It would help if they changed the rule to the grounded part of the foot, but that's not the rule so we play what the rule is.

With Hilf it was dead close and with the line worn out it would have been again almost impossible to be sure. He was good because of where he landed, but he slid forward to be over the line.

In the end two correct decisions were made, so it's all good. The alternative would have been to just call no balls to two balls that were very tough to be sure. You would now be crucifying him for getting Hilf's wrong.

beads6

First Grade
I just hope we don't get rolled in this 2nd innings, I want some fight. I want runs from the top 4 heck I don't want to lose more than 2 wickets in our 2nd innings.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
What i'd like to see

Watson - run out - 0 (1)
Hughes - not out - 108
Khawaja - not out - 102

by the end of today

Latest posts