What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Test: Austalia vs England at SCG Jan 3-7 2011

beads6

First Grade
Commentators are going on about how Brilliant the bowling was from bresnan while the Haters are going off about Hughes...

yappy

Bench
Hughes did f**k all wrong there. It was a jaffa. If you don't get a nick on them it's got far more to do with good luck than good management.

Perfect example from England there of bowling to a plan. Bresnan has bowled practically the same ball over and over again and strangled the life out of the batsmen.

Australia take note.

What are you talking about?
Our bowlers have plans ... bowl to the pads of Cook and Trott. Bowl short just because the Saffers had success. Bowl inconsistently. Learn absolutely nothing from how the Poms have bowled. Forget totally about line and length.

Evenflow

Bench
Hughes' average has now dropped to below 40 after being over 50 before this series. I think it's fair to say he can no longer rely on 2 decent innings a couple of years ago to prop his average up and make him look better than he actually is.

Can you just imagine the hiding he'd be copping around here if he was playing for ANY other state than NSW :lol:

Danish

Referee
Would anyone seriously argue if we were to drop 8 out of 11 of these bozos??

Khawaja and Hayden are the only ones worth feeding, with Clarke only surviving because frankly I can't see who else we'd have as captain and his form will return eventually.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hughes did f**k all wrong there. It was a jaffa. If you don't get a nick on them it's got far more to do with good luck than good management.

exactly

he had to play at it, moved about 5 degrees I reckon, alot of people would not have nicked it

but lets not give the bowler any credit, we'll just blame the batsman for getting a good ball

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Just found out what that barmy army song is that theyve been singing the last few tests....

"He bowls to the left, he bowls to the riiiight,
That Mitchell Johnson... his bowling is sh***te"

:lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
again, poms bowling patiently, intelligently, consistently and within themselves (Not trying to bowl too fast).

4 things the aussie bowlers have not done this entire series. Johnson fluked it in Perth briefly, and Siddle fluked it briefly in Brisbane.

Danish

Referee

Whoops! :lol:

I was looking up Hayden's stats while typing that post (comparing what a great opener was actually like compared to Watson.... its painful to say the least)

Haddin, Khawaja and Clarke are the only players with any claim to their position. The rest are just there under reputation or past glory.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
as much as Khawaja isn't scoring runs at the moment, he's not looking too concerned, I like his patient demeanour, reminds me of an in form Mark Waugh.

BroncosMan

Juniors
Whoops! :lol:

I was looking up Hayden's stats while typing that post (comparing what a great opener was actually like compared to Watson.... its painful to say the least)

Haddin, Khawaja and Clarke are the only players with any claim to their position. The rest are just there under reputation or past glory.

The hatred for Watson on here is ridiculous.

How can you say Clarke deserves his spot more than Watson? You wanna talk about past glories!

Latest posts