What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Test: Austalia vs England at SCG Jan 3-7 2011

lockyno1

Post Whore
Another great innings from the wonder child Hughes I see..

So glad I only bothered going 1 day this year, this has been the most BORING and PAINFUL test match in Sydney EVER!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Another great innings from the wonder child Hughes I see..

So glad I only bothered going 1 day this year, this has been the most BORING and PAINFUL test match in Sydney EVER!

you obviously didn't see his dismissal or you wouldn't make such a ridiculous comment

then again............

Whoops! :lol:

I was looking up Hayden's stats while typing that post (comparing what a great opener was actually like compared to Watson.... its painful to say the least)

Haddin, Khawaja and Clarke are the only players with any claim to their position. The rest are just there under reputation or past glory.

Clarke needs a good score this innings to be safe. Averages just above 20 in his last 20 innings. Watson would be a pretty good all rounder. If and only if he bats down the order. He is no opener.

But other than that I agree with you.

Khawaja is our future.
He must never be dropped.

Hughes and S Smith need more seasoning.
Hussey is getting on with age and can't see him in the side by the next Ashes series. Neither can I see Ponting or Katich there.

Can't one single good thing about our bowlers. Siddle is the North of our bowling squad. One good bowling effort every blue moon. Johnson is WAYYYY too inconsistent of a bowler to be a regular. The last thing you want from one of your test bowler is wild inconsistency.
Hilfenhaus is just crap.
Beer should never have been picked BUT at least he as tidy and didn't leak runs like a sieve.
Bollinger has been our best bowler the last year but his effort in Adelaide left a lot to be desired.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
again, poms bowling patiently, intelligently, consistently and within themselves (Not trying to bowl too fast).

4 things the aussie bowlers have not done this entire series. Johnson fluked it in Perth briefly, and Siddle fluked it briefly in Brisbane.

the big difference is they have the control to be able to do that, where as none of our guys can bowl with that control

lockyno1

Post Whore
you obviously didn't see his dismissal or you wouldn't make such a ridiculous comment

then again............

Actually I did, and again he did not move his feet to the ball, not to mention the fact that he did not have to play the ball as the ball was going over the stumps.

Get Maddinson into the team ASAP.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Gee there is some ridiculous Hughes love on here. Yep it was a good ball. But now he has failed in 6 digs. If that was anyone else they had brought in they would be getting an absolute bollocking on here

so that was Hughe's fault, lol

about Watson got some of his own medicine, he's run out all his partners this season

Can you read?

I said it was BOTH their fault as neither ran the first run hard... yep all Hughes' fault.

You NSW people are getting quite testy aren't you.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Actually I did, and again he did not move his feet to the ball, not to mention the fact that he did not have to play the ball as the ball was going over the stumps.

Get Maddinson into the team ASAP.

so if it pitches outside leg you're saying he should have left it :lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
damn, clarke is just 2 runs shy of his second best score in his last 13 innings

345 runs, 17 innings, 1 not out (current innings) @ 21.56

Thats Clarke's record for this season

Top 6 scores in season 2010-11
80 v England @ Adelaide
77 v Pakistan @ Headingley
47 v Pakistan @ Lord's
20 v England @ WACA
20 v England @ MCG
19* v England @ SCG

To put it in perspective:
Johnson has 225 runs in the same time
Siddle has 105 runs

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Can you read?

I said it was BOTH their fault as neither ran the first run hard... yep all Hughes' fault.

You NSW people are getting quite testy aren't you.

Watson has run out 3 people this series including himself

what do you think the common denominator is ?

lockyno1

Post Whore
I agree, to open with Hughes. Watson - who is not an opener - down the order.

Nope, to open with Lynn or Cosgrove. I am happy to trial a few options, I have seen enough of the Hughes fiasco in the last 3 tests to suggest he needs 2 seasons to sort out his flaws.

Latest posts