What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6, 7, 9, 14 Who would you pick?

JOB 3:14

Juniors
I will put my two cents worth and say PJ at half, leave Morris at pivot and let the fat pig play 80 minutes for a change.....No seriously, stick with that and have Smith come on to give the pig a rest, in which case pj can slot to hooker????
I dont really like smith over 80 minutes. He seems hot and cold. Maybe rotating him off the bench with piggy will stop him going missing in matches.
Or how about leave Smith out all together and play O'Dwyer at pivot....No wait that is stupid.
Whatever happens DONT PUT WAGON AT 5/8.

cureme

Juniors
As long as J.Smith isn't anywhere near the first grade team I am happy. There is a good reason why he did not make his first grade debut until the age of 24 ;-) Generally he is off the pace in firsts, and having spent 4 weeks on the sidelines ain't going to help his cause :sarcasm: I would like to see Green get a go after all the wraps put on him, but the Warriors are big and intimidating, so I would rather go with a defensive 5/8 in Wags and move Morris to half. And yes, I know Wags hasn't got a passing game and stunts our attack yadda yadda yadda :roll:

I think we'd see a different j.smith at 7, as we're seeing a different team at the moment. dont forget he was thrown in the deep end at half whilst the team was struggling. completely different story now.

in saying that

id go with

6.Morris
7.PJ - did a great job on saturday night.

9. Pig
14. Green

when riddell comes off. either try green at hooker, if PJ's doing well. or PJ to hooker and green to half depending on how the games is going.

Kornstar

Coach
If Jeremy is in the first grade squad i will be very dissapointed!!!!

Green has to be in the team, off the bench is fine, however starting him would be ideal, he is a very classy player and will get the job done!!!

bartman

Immortal
This week:

6. Morris
7. PJ
9. Riddell
14. J Smith
19. Green

I reckon who actually takes the bench spot will depend a lot on training through week. But naming Green in 19 at least gives the guy some credit that he's being considered, without the weight of expectation all week that he'll actually play.

bartman

Immortal
caylo said:
hello, my name is james... ive been reading these forums for a while now, and i like LU because it seems to be the most... well the best everything ;-)

Welcome James ;-) - a debut post buried away in there!

V1er said:
6. Morris
7. PJ

9. Riddell

14. Green

I think they showed in the second half on saturday night that PJ and morris should be the starting halves.

I totally agree with this line up, give young blake a go form the bench, we still the experience around him. bring piggy off when needed and move either pj or morris to hooker and green to halves, gives us alot of versitility i reckon..

caylo

Bench
bartman said:
This week:

6. Morris
7. PJ
9. Riddell
14. J Smith
19. Green

I reckon who actually takes the bench spot will depend a lot on training through week. But naming Green in 19 at least gives the guy some credit that he's being considered, without the weight of expectation all week that he'll actually play.
if memory serves me correctly, dykes was named at #7 and michael witt at #19, and witty was moved 2 halfback as expected b4 the game. imo this is a smithy thing, i dunno if taylor plays those games... he seems 2 name a 17 or 18 most weeks, no more. i would expect blaky or mateo 2 play, considering jeremy hasnt played in 4 weeks. but blake would be more suited in my option because he is more creative player (i.e better kicking game) and we need 2 make up 4 the loss of our cheef play maker

bartman

Immortal
caylo said:
if memory serves me correctly, dykes was named at #7 and michael witt at #19, and witty was moved 2 halfback as expected b4 the game. imo this is a smithy thing, i dunno if taylor plays those games...
Fair enough, you're right there about the Smithy thing - it's taking me a while to get used to us maybe doing things differently!

caylo

Bench
bartman i wouldn't right it off... taylor may well pick both on the bench and decide later in the week, but 2 be honest i cant see how jeremy can play after having 4 weeks on the sideline, he would have 2 prove himself through PL... and that realy only leaves green as the only suitable replacement 2 be honest... although i could be very wrong

Ben SMith came back in after a much longer time off........

Naming both Smith and Green on the bench and making a late choice is the best option. PJ played awesome in the second half and made more line breaks than Timmy has all year and he definately hearnt the spot for this week.

If Piggy needs a rest, Widders or O'Dwyer can play hooker for 10-15 minutes which leaves us with the option of not having Smith or Green at all?

cayless1989

Juniors
Parraren said:
With Timmy's injury it looks like there will be a re-shuffle in the halves this weekend. Who would you pick and why?

Having seen Jeremy Smith both at half & 5/8 this year in first grade I have to say he has looked alot better playing at 5/8.

Jeremy Smith is not a genuine match winner from what i've seen of him, nor is he a natural halfback. He's a good solid player who can slot in at 5/8 alongside a dominant half and do a good job with a nice short kicking game.

I know PJ hasn't played alot of halfback in recent years but he has played plenty of halfback in his career and has loads of experience compared to Jeremy. He'd be my pick at half especially after his impressive second half filling in for Timmy against the Knights.

I'd shift Johnny Morris into the hooking role and use Riddell off the bench either as a backrower or as a hooker if need be with the option of Morris moving into 5/8 as well if required.

6. Jeremy Smith
7. PJ

9. Morris

14. Riddell

I just don't think it's the right time or the right opposition to be blooding young Green just yet.

jeremy smith is sh*t bring up blake at half with morris, j.smith is also lacking match fitness.

caylo

Bench
Hollywood Jesus i hate 2 challange u, but smith was to come back in PL until tahu injury, and he came off the bench. Also benny is now an intergral part of our team and has preety much consolidated his spot at #3. jeremy has played a few games and not showen enough to be able 2 claim any jersey his own atm... he cant expect 2 have a few weeks out and walk straight back in2 the team. when i said jeremy would have 2 prove himself, i didnt mean fitness... i ment form. benny has proven himself able 2 dominate in the nrl, jeremey hasnt even shown he can handle it yet. that is the difference

True EEL

Bench
i expect J Smith will come back in, however if he does, he should play 5/8 and Morris shift to halfback, PJ is also an option

Feleti Mateo and Blake Green are also other options....at this point JT will probably stick with players who have played first grade as we still have a shot, so J Sm,ith will probably get it for now, but Green and Mateo......?????