What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

it willl be a flogging anyways no one cares

the rep scene cant grow cause we allow to many kiwi's in to the aussie side which gives them less to pick from which ruins the games well thats my opnion anways

Once Dead

Bench
Fans in Sydney usually leave ticket buying until game time. Hell, I didn't even know it was going to be at the SCG.

t-ba

Post Whore
The problem is Timmah you don't have a leg to stand on in trying to defend Sydney's crowd numbers and support compared to Brisbane's in recent years.

No doubt. But does anyone remember 6 years ago when Brisbane struggled to draw 20k? When they were the only team in a City of 1.6 million and a region of about 2.5m?

Plenty of excuses for those numbers, so I don't see why Sydney RL shouldn't be able to have excuses for their low numbers.

wittyfan

Referee
I think the 58-0 debacle last year and the arse-whipping NZ got in the UK is keeping people away.

People want a genuine contest.

Angry_eel

First Grade
i think its the advertisement and marketing. As i said earlier, if i didn't work in the city and didn't come to this website, i wouldn't have a clue the centenary test was on.

Garts

Bench
Fair point Wittyfan, also many other factors such Sydney having a more diverse population as already mentioned. And if I lived in Brisbane I would also attend any league game I could, imo the place is a sh!thole. However we still should be able to sell out Origin considering it is the pinnicle of our game, can not defend that.

eels_fan_01

Bench
How about the NRL stop pretending like this is the biggest game of the year, it isnt and no one is buying it in the Sydney.

Lets face it international league is Sydney needs a bit of help, how about an offer of all season ticket holders from any Sydney club get their ticket at half price.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Its a centenary test, big deal. That wont change anything, it is going to be the same score line just like when these teams always play.

Lucky to get 6000 people.

OVP

Coach
Look at the whinging Qld f**kwits. Why dont you knobs go and start your own comp ... wait, hang on ... you already tried that and got sh*t on.

Brutus

Referee
Look at the whinging Qld f**kwits. Why dont you knobs go and start your own comp ... wait, hang on ... you already tried that and got sh*t on.

What comp was that? Oh yeah SL.

The BRL comp was killed by Sydney poker machine money I remember reading about that.

Kornstar

Coach
If it were at ANZ i would go, i work out west and don't fancy heading into the city on a Friday night, Moore Park is a joke of a place to get to from Parra!!!!

Nerd

Bench

I think you have your facts wrong. Dont Newscorp own half the NRL.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fans in Sydney usually leave ticket buying until game time. Hell, I didn't even know it was going to be at the SCG.

Another astute observation. I won't be getting my tickets til I'm at the ground, not sure how many I'll be taking yet.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Almost as fickle as Knights fans (as evidenced by 2007)