What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sharko

Juniors
If it were at ANZ i would go, i work out west and don't fancy heading into the city on a Friday night, Moore Park is a joke of a place to get to from Parra!!!!

Train to Central and a 10 minute walk up to the ground you lazy twig!

Perth Red

Post Whore
I live on the other side of the country and I know it is on! How can you possibly be a RL fan and NOT know that it is on? Even if only 25-30% of the regular club fans turned up it would be close to selling out never mind any "curious" sports fans.

Unfortunately Lockyno1's attitude, and many more like him, will always see International RL in this country play poor fiddle to other sports. RU & Soccer have no problems with crowds, regardless of the occasion or opposition. It has little to do with marketing or who is playing and everything to do with RL fans attitudes.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Unfortunately Lockyno1's attitude, and many more like him, will always see International RL in this country play poor fiddle to other sports.

What attitude? I want to see the best players playing and I want a contest, neither of which is true in this match. No Lockyer, no Benji. NZ thumped last year no reasons to say that won't be the case this year!

brooksy19

Bench
Im predicting a close game with Locky out, Bird in and Supercoach, 'coaching'. MIght even, be an upset.

I'll be there, just leave work 30 mins early.

Mong

Post Whore
yeah, and itll also be interesting to compare the TV ratings as well.

World wide audience won't even be a contest. Australia V China in a world cup football qualification match will have a much bigger tv adience then Australia V NZ in League

World wide audience won't even be a contest. Australia V China in a world cup football qualification match will have a much bigger tv adience then Australia V NZ in League

:lol:

so im guessing the 300,000 or so that watch in australia wont be enough to count.

maybe australia should play all their games in china as there are more people who want to watch them there than here.

Mong

Post Whore
:lol:

so im guessing the 300,000 or so that watch in australia wont be enough to count.

maybe australia should play all their games in china as there are more people who want to watch them there than here.

Your the one who brought up TV ratings. Facts are facts.. Football will always be more popular then league in International games, in this situation you have two of the most successfull league nations playing each other and two of the less successfull Football nations, football will still win hands down. It's only a matter of time before the A league draws bigger crowds then the NRL. They are already not that far behind after a couple of years.

Sad (for you).. But true.

Knight87

Juniors
I believe this match is going to go live into Melbourne. Should be interesting to see how it rates in Melbourne, especially as there's no AFL matches on Friday Night there.

Your the one who brought up TV ratings. Facts are facts.. Football will always be more popular then league in International games, in this situation you have two of the most successfull league nations playing each other and two of the less successfull Football nations, football will still win hands down. It's only a matter of time before the A league draws bigger crowds then the NRL. They are already not that far behind after a couple of years.

Sad (for you).. But true.

im facing facts.

i was talking about the TV ratings in australia.

if they cant match the RL ratings then it will make an interesting comparison between the 2 games.

hope this helps

edit : have you seen the A League TV ratings.

outrated by RU.

thats how sh*t they are

Mong

Post Whore
edit : have you seen the A League TV ratings.

outrated by RU.

thats how sh*t they are

The super 14 is a 3 country series over a short season. Of course they rate well compared to a domestic football competition like the A League especially since they have had less then a handful of seasons. How did the NRL stack up to the RU in TV ratings and ground attendances?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Im sick of all these excuses:

Its too far
Its too expensive
Who's playing?

C'mon I hear it radio and TV, even an AFL supporter knows its on.

Get to the game FFS. :x

The super 14 is a 3 country series over a short season. Of course they rate well compared to a domestic football competition like the A League especially since they have had less then a handful of seasons. How did the NRL stack up to the RU in TV ratings and ground attendances?

the reason i mentioned union is because they were the other poorly performing sport re. ratings.

compare them with RL, we got around 4 times as many viewers.

indeed the A-League GF was outrated by an NRL trial game.

you do the math

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
To the soccer fan of course world-wide Aus v China's going to outrate Aus v NZ you idiot!!!

China: 1.4 billion
NZ: 2

russ13

First Grade
I not so sure Brownie. These games are only shown on Pay TV in China.

There is an article on the TV Ratings' thread about the lack of take-up of Pay TV in that country - it had barely 40,000 subscribers a year or so go.

There were complaints about it being expensive & their were problems with the digital signal.

Read this:

http://www.epltalk.com/could-the-us-tv-audience-for-epl-surpass-uk/1020
...The one country that was on track to past the UK for average TV audience per EPL match was China.
However, the FAPL got greedy and sold exclusive TV rights to EPL in China to WinTV, which is a pay subscription channel with a hefty price tag of 188 Yuan, or USD $24.

188 Yuan is about 8-10% of a typical government worker’s salary in China.

Result? Instead of being available to millions if EPL had chosen to stay with ESPN STAR Sports (ESPN China is available in over 100 million Chinese homes via cable TV, while 2nd choice EPL matches on STAR Sports Asia are sublicensed to free-to-air provincial TV channels), the EPL is now available to less than 100000 Chinese households.
–

OH & btw 5 million seems to be a good FTA audience number in China according to this poster (same site):

The EPL’s mistake in China will not go unpunished.
I asked FC Barcelona president Joan Laporta about La Liga’s plans in China 3 months ago when he was at Stanford for a lecture.
Laporta told me that the TV audience for the Barcelona-Real Madrid “clasico” in China was 20 times the TV audience for the match in Spain: 5 million households in China vs. 250,000 households in Spain.
Barca-Real pulled in 5 million households in China at 5am local time.
Why?
Barca-Real aired on a free-to-air channel in China.

Mong

Post Whore
I not so sure Brownie. These games are only shown on Pay TV in China.

There is an article on the TV Ratings' thread about the lack of take-up of Pay TV in that country - it had barely 40,000 subscribers a year or so go.

There were complaints about it being expensive & their were problems with the digital signal.

Read this:

OH & btw 5 million seems to be a good FTA audience number in China according to this poster (same site):

I am assuming the EPL is the English Premier League.

What has this got to do with WC Qualifying games?