What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paullyboy

Coach
Ignore Timmah he's already been made to look like a fool once in this thread.

If the reason is people want to see a contest - why can't you sell out Origin? Let's face it, for every excuse you lazy Sydney w@nkers come up with it makes you look even worse.

Teddyboy

First Grade
If all the fans who are from and/or follow the Canterbury Bulldogs,both set of supporters from Campbelltown and Leichhardt for the West Tigers,Eastern Suburbs for the Sydney City Roosters,Redfern and what ever for the South Sydney Rabbitohs,Kogarah for St.George Illawarra Dragons,Penrith Panthers,Parramatta Eels,Manly-Warringah Seagulls and the Cronulla-Sutherland for the Sharks and anyone else who goes out and watches Rugby League all came out for one-day to watch one game iam sure they would sell-out ANZ stadium and thats not not including the TV set supporter.
But they don't because international League is a taboo.

Copa

Bench
Its a centenary test, big deal. That wont change anything, it is going to be the same score line just like when these teams always play.

Lucky to get 6000 people.
While Oz dominates... it isn't a whitewash... and it is getting closer between the two..

Since 18 October 2003.. (i hope i didn't miss any games)
Australia: 10
New Zealand: 3
Drawn: 1

13 October 2007 Australia def. New Zealand 58-0

20 April 2007 Australia def. New Zealand 30-6

25 November 2006 Australia def. New Zealand 16-12

21 October 2006 Australia def. New Zealand 20-15

14 October 2006 Australia def. New Zealand 30-18

5 May 2006 Australia def. New Zealand 50-12

26 November 2005 New Zealand def. Australia 24-0

21 October 2005 Australia def. New Zealand 28-26

15 October 2005 New Zealand def. Australia 38-28

22 April 2005 Australia def. New Zealand 32-16

23 October 2004 Australia def. New Zealand 32-12

16 October 2004 New Zealand drew with Australia 16-16

23 April 2004 Australia def. New Zealand 37-10

18 October 2003 New Zealand def. Australia 30-16

lockyno1

Post Whore
Actually it may do the reverse and get more, could be more of a contest now.

Yeah..with the 2nd most recognisable player out. That will hurt ticket sales, the any chance of me going has gone with this decison

Parraren

Bench
I live in Sydney & work in the city - i havent seen or heard any advertising for this game.

It's pathetic.

Brycey

Juniors
Yeah..with the 2nd most recognisable player out. That will hurt ticket sales, the any chance of me going has gone with this decison
I see what you mean, I am sure the Lockyer fan club in Sydney are tearing up their tickets as we speak.

lockyno1

Post Whore
People want to see the best players, Lockyer out will hurt sales, and to be honest this farce of a test match..well it serves it right

flamin

Juniors
People want to see the best players, Lockyer out will hurt sales, and to be honest this farce of a test match..well it serves it right
serves it right????

This is the Centenary Test. It's not just about a win or loss, it's supposed to be a celebration of the game.

shark_fin_soup

Juniors
I didn't even know the test was on this weekend.

SCG? Thats the first i've heard about it.

Marketing has been great down here in Sydney.

lockyno1

Post Whore
serves it right????

This is the Centenary Test. It's not just about a win or loss, it's supposed to be a celebration of the game.

It is a farcical mid season test that Aus always wins, celebration or not I'd rather see the Brisbane players not playing.

babyg

Juniors
I have grave fears for the future of the game I love. Get your act together Sydney.

brooksy19

Bench
Locky you're a f**king tool.

"last straw" you were never gonna go, becasue you didnt think it would be a contest.

Well now its more of a contest because Australias best player and captain is out, meaning a reshuffle, which brings NZ closer to us. But no, now you say because Lockeyer isn't there you won't be. You're a f**king fool and a cancer on these forums. Go back to LA and masterbate over shane watson.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
If ticket sales are really that poor I really worry that the world cup will be a total disaster. It's mostly the ARL/NRL's fault for poor promotion but in a season which is celebrating 100 years of rugby league it really does appear that no one but the diehards in Sydney really care. Just glad the WC final is in Brisbane but if they want this thing to work they need to start to promote the hell out of it from now. Rugby League deserves better.

Mong

Post Whore
Be interesting to see how the league international stack up against the Football W/C qualifying games in Sydney and Brisbane for crowds..

Latest posts