What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

70,000 screaming fans

jimmee007

Juniors
I'm an ANZ Gold member and just got 2 tickets for my mates their PAX # is 50185/6.

My pass doesnt have a PAX. So im guessing all pass holders are not counted in the tickets sold.

gronkathon

First Grade
The problem comes getting the numbers when the TV coverage is live. Not an excuse but it is the simple reality. The trackwork certainly would make it a more attractive option for the caual fan

Goddo

Bench
WTF, I was just emailed an extra ticket. Whats doing? I'm a Dragons ticketed member, bought Cat 1 tickets on Monday, and am now given one for free?

andrew057

First Grade
I dont know if that is any cause for concern, but if there were 48,500 sold by last night, thats pretty slow gonig today.

Things were always going to drop off today. If the promotion is good, they only need to sell about 7k tickets per day now and hope for good weather Saturday so theres a bit of a walk up and it will be very close to a sell out

meltiger

First Grade
Yeah you'd expect Wednesday. Thursday to be slow going, most who have made their mind up to go will have already bought. We'll likely see a trickle for tomorrow as well, with it ramping up Friday/Sat as more people (such as myself - Will make the call Sat morning) make the decision to attend.

Should be 70K - Dependant on how many can make it up from the Sth Coast of course. (What genius wouldn't have thought the Dragons may be alive in week 3 ffs)

50k gone already is a great start

Serc

First Grade
Weather will be fantastic in Sydney on Saturday, and pretty good in Brisbane on Friday. Should make for the biggest crowds possible from a weather perspective.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I would go if it wasn't at Telstra, I hate that stadium, expensive beer prices and too far from the action. I will watch it on TV.

applesauce

Bench
I think if the Titans v Roosters game is a thriller it will help get more fans on the fence out to the Dragons v Tigers match.

Hopefully Suncorp will go off and look like a great spectacle, giving the weekend a real finals feel.

Serc

First Grade
Also another reason to go to the games and not sit at home and watch on the telly this weekend is because there will be no HD broadcast :p

_Johnsy

Referee
Shame I'm working, hell I'd make the 900km trek to ANZ, gonna be a brilliant atmosphere with +70k.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah you'd expect Wednesday. Thursday to be slow going, most who have made their mind up to go will have already bought. We'll likely see a trickle for tomorrow as well, with it ramping up Friday/Sat as more people (such as myself - Will make the call Sat morning) make the decision to attend.

Should be 70K - Dependant on how many can make it up from the Sth Coast of course. (What genius wouldn't have thought the Dragons may be alive in week 3 ffs)

50k gone already is a great start
It has now surpassed my expectations. I figured 50K.

_Johnsy said:
Shame I'm working, hell I'd make the 900km trek to ANZ, gonna be a brilliant atmosphere with +70k.
That's a bugga Johnsy. Your employers need to get their priorities right. lol

It's been a battle here too. I blew my annual footy budget weeks ago. But I've now got a one-way ticket, and a good seat at the ground... so I'll be there.

Return flights from Syd to GC on Sunday are pretty pricey so I still haven't worked out how to get back. But stuff that, it's all part of enjoying the ride.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
Worst case scenario the XPT service is about 140 one way from Central to Qld from memory when my grandmother made the trip earlier this year