What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

i will name a few packs so there is something to compare otherwise these numbers are arbitary.

Parramatta
Poore - 8
M.Keating - 6
Fui - 9
Hindmarsh - 8
Shakelton - 7
Mateo - 8

total = 46

Bulldogs
Ben Hannant - 8.5
Ennis - 8
Hodgson - 7
Halatau - 6
Ryan - 7
Stagg - 8

total=44.5

South
Asotasi - 8
Luke - 7
Stuart - 7
Burgess - 8
Taylor - 8
Crocker - 7

total= 45

Titans
Bailey - 8
Friend - 7.5
Henderson - 6
Laffranchi - 8
Minichiello - 7.5
Harrison - 8

total = 46

Saints
Weyman - 8
Fien - 7
Prior - 6
Creagh - 8
Smith - 7
Young - 8

total = 44

Melbourne
Tolman - 6
Smith - 9.5
White - 7
Blair - 8
Manu - 8
Hoffman -7

total = 45.5

I tried to pick the top packs in the comp and they line up Parra, Titans, Melbourne, Souths, Buldogs and Saints.

I dont like these ratings thou because I think Souths have the best pack ahead of the titans, Melbourne and Parra and the bulldogs and saints have are just as good. It does show how close the comp is tbh

I'm just curious how you would rate this pack.

Sharks
Kade Snowden
John Morris
Luke Douglas
Reece Williams
Anthony Tupou
Paul Gallen

skeepe

Immortal
Wrong league i know but...

Warrington Wolves.

Morley - 9
Monaghan - 9
Carvell - 8
Anderson - 7
Westwood - 7
Harrison - 7

Total - 47.

Although i'm probably being harsh on Carvell as he is just as good as Morley but without the international caps.

If Monaghan is rated as a 9 at hooker, then the quality of players over in the UK is worse than I thought.

Monaghan would be a 6 or 7 at best here. That's not to say he's not a good player, but seriously there are plenty better.

coolumsharkie

Referee
This is funny, why not start a thread entitled... "Rate your own team"

The only truth would be one of my comments..

"Can't wait to see Snowden tear you all a new one in 10'." :)

Bring on the footy please!!

Snowden 9
Aiton 8
Douglas 9
Topou 9
Millington 8
Gallen 10

Try and stop that! add Cuthbertson and Morris to the bench and we'll be carving up teams.

steven_tiger

Juniors

Sharks
Kade Snowden- 7
John Morris - 5
Luke Douglas - 6
Reece Williams - 6
Anthony Tupou - 8
Paul Gallen -8

Total: 40

Tigers:
Bryce Gibbs - 6
Robbie Farah - 9
Keith Galloway - 8
Todd Payten - 7
Gareth Ellis - 9
Chris Heighington - 7

Total 46

Raiders:
Dave Shillington - 7
Alan Tongue - 5 (at hooker, 8 at lock)
Dane Tilse - 6
Bronson Harrison - 8 (still can't tackle... at least Furner plays him in his correct position)
TLL - 8
Josh Miller - 7

Total: 41

Bulldogs:
Ben Hannant - 9
Michael Ennis - 8
Michael Hodgson - 6
Andrew Ryan - 6
Dene Halatau -6
David Stagg - 8

Total: 43

Can't be bothered doing any more at this point...

bigfoot

Juniors
Panthers
8. Bell 6.5
9. Kingston 6.5
10. Civoniceva 9
11. Waterhouse 8
12. Pritchard 7
13. Lewis 9

Total: 46

Big Pete

Referee
Can somebody tell me what's so good about Kingston?

I think he's about as standard as you can get out of dummy half.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
8. Cross - 6
9. De Gois - 8
10. Tolar - 5
11. Simpson - 6
12. Taia - 8
13. Hilder - 6

Combined total 39.

You and I obviously share a different opinion.

Cross -8 (Look at his stats when he has played over the last 3 years)
Degois - 7 (He is an up and coming hooker that has plenty of other number 9's in front of him)
Fa'aoso/Tuimavave - 8 (U have Tolar starting?)
Simpson - 7 (If he can string some games together, I guarantee you wont consider him worthy of a 6)
Taia - 7
Hilder - 7 (Tackling machine worthy of a 7)

Total - 44

caylo

Bench

Sharks
Kade Snowden
John Morris
Luke Douglas
Reece Williams
Anthony Tupou
Paul Gallen

You are right in that the sharks are a big and strong pack, someone i forgot. TBH it is a difficult one because of unknows like Snowden and Douglas who have performed but are still fresh and you have to question if they will play at the same level. Someone like Douglas did struggle in patchs but in his defence that was when he was playing in the backrow (god knows why). I would go

Kade Snowden - 8
John Morris - 6 (is a good hooker though so could be a 7)
Luke Douglas - 7
Reece Williams - 6.5 (i cant say i watch him to intently so this is more a guess)
Anthony Tupou - 8 (when his on, he is one of the best in the comp tbh)
Paul Gallen - 8 (grub but he works hard IMO)

that totals at 43.5 which puts you guys up there but Morris may well play better then he has in the last few years if he plays mostof the year at 9, he is a good hooker IMO (quick off the mark, decent kicking game for a 9 but no 5-8 IMO). Williams may be better then a 6.5, like a said wild guess and so you guys could actually rank 45+ aswell.

NAS

Juniors
metre's per game is the only thing in Shillington's favour

94453806.jpg

These stats are telling for anyone death riding Roy Asotasi aren't they.....On those stats, he plays by far the most minutes, and has the best all round game of any prop in the comp by some lengths........

Though I'd like to see Civonoceva's and hannant's stats.

Best props in the game are Petero and Roy, with Hannant the ONLY player that comes close........

petetheileet

First Grade
metre's per game is the only thing in Shillington's favour

94453806.jpg

What odds would you have got if you had put money on Weyman being the most disciplined/safest prop in the comp???

It still astounds me the way this bloke has turned it around and so quickly, pretty much just in an off season

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I watched a Raiders game with Weyman in 2008 and formed a very low opinion of him.

A couple of weekends ago I grabbed him in our fantasy football draft (along with Snowden) ... I can't believe the transformation!

NAS

Juniors
What odds would you have got if you had put money on Weyman being the most disciplined/safest prop in the comp???

It still astounds me the way this bloke has turned it around and so quickly, pretty much just in an off season

Weyman always had the talent.....he just never had the fitness.....When he wasnt' fit, he'd try to take shortcuts.......and the result was ill discipline.

onto the whole test at hand.....I've made my selections on the basis that any origin players and kiwi and English reps are 8 and over.......9's are reserved for players of critical importance to their teams. 9.5 is Cameron Smith, being the best player in the game....(at least for a forward anyway).....I've used the game time that I've seen, and not speculated, even though there is room for it.....for eg.....Sam Burgess played for GB, and was the best forward on ground....he deserves a 9, despite what all you death riders want to say about it.....I've also tried to put the best sides on paper in terms of rep players getting priority....if they can play a position then rep players got the nod...see Brent Kite for eg

1) My team- souths.

8) Burgess- 9
9) Luke- 8
10) Asotasi- 9
11) Pettybourne- 8
12) Taylor- 7.5
13) Crocker- 8
Total- 49.5

other teams

2) Dogs

8) Hannant- 8.5
9) Ennis- 9
10) Hodgson-7
11) Ryan- 8
12) Warburton- 7
13) Stagg 8
Total- 47.5

3) Storm

8) Lima- 7
9) Smith- 9.5
10) White- 8
11) Hoffman- 8
12) Blair- 9
13) Tolman- 7
Total- 48.5

4) Parramatta

8) Poore- 8
9) Keating- 6
10) Moimoi- 8
11) Hindmarsh- 9
12) Smith- 7
13) Mateo- 8
Total 46

5) Titans

8) Henderson- 6.5
9) friend-8
10) Bailey- 8
11) Laffranchi- 8
12) Minichiello- 7.5
13) Harrison- 8
Total- 46.

6) Tigers

8) Cayless- 7
9) Farah- 9
10) Galloway- 8
11) Heighington- 8
12) Ellis- 9
13) Fulton- 6.5
Total 47.5

7) Penrith

8) Grant-6
9) Iosefa/Kingston- 7
10) Civonoceva-9
11) Pritchard- 8
12) Waterhouse- 8
13) Lewis- 9
Total-47

8) Canberra

Shillington- 7.5
Butriss- 6
Tilse- 7
Harrison- 8
Learoyd- 8
Tongue- 7.5
total- 44

9) Cronulla

Snowden-7
Aiton/Morris- 6.5
Douglas- 8
Tupou- 8
Cuthbertson- 7
Gallen- 9
Total- 45.5

10) St George

8) Weyman- 8
9) Fein- 8
10) Prior- 7
11) Creagh- 8
12) Smith- 9
13) Young- 7.5
total- 47.5

11) Roosters

8) Nuuasala- 8
9) Aubbusson- 6
10) Ryles- 8
11) Warea Hargreaves- 8
12) Myles- 8
13) Symonds- 7
Total- 45

12) Newcastle

8) Cross- 8
9) DeGois- 8
10) Faaoso- 7
11) Simpson- 8
12) Patterson- 7
13) Hilder- 6.5
Total- 44.5

13) Brisbane

8) Kenny- 7
9) Mccullogh- 7
10) Sims- 7
11) Teo- 7
12) Thaiday- 8
13) Parker- 8
Total- 44

14) Warriors

8) Rapira- 8
9) Henderson- 6
10) Price- 9
11) Matulino- 8
12) Mannering- 8.5
13) Luck- 7
total- 46.5

15) Cowboys

8) Webb- 8
9) Payne- 8
10) Scott- 8
11) Mason- 8
12) Southern- 7
13) O'Donnell-8.5
Total- 47.5

16) Manly

8) Kite- 8
9) Ballin- 7
10) Perry- 8
11) Watmough- 9
12) Stewart- 9
13) Bailey- 7
Total- 48

so there you have it, I have souths with the best pack (unbiased I think, and most pundits do agree with this), from Melbourne and Manly......with a slew of teams on 47.5. Surprise packed no doubt was the Cowboys, although I fear for their depth.....the two teams at the bottom were the broncos and the raiders who, whilst having some quality players, don't have it across the board........

skeepe

Immortal
I watched a Raiders game with Weyman in 2008 and formed a very low opinion of him.

A couple of weekends ago I grabbed him in our fantasy football draft (along with Snowden) ... I can't believe the transformation!

It's amazing what a change of club can do for a player.

Bronson Harrison in 2009 was a similar story.

typicalfan

Coach
Yeah it is amazing the improvement players can have when they go to another club and play in the right position! Bronson Harrison a Tim Sheens prop who to anyone with two eyes could see he is a quality backrower. Danny Galea will have a similar season imo, another Tim Sheens prop :lol:

Goddo

Bench
I think the rabbits pack may be a little over hyped. I think Parra have the best pack on paper, but that isn't what counts at the end of the day.

As a few people have pointed out, some clubs have weaker individuals on paper, but work better as a team.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I think the rabbits pack may be a little over hyped. I think Parra have the best pack on paper, but that isn't what counts at the end of the day.

As a few people have pointed out, some clubs have weaker individuals on paper, but work better as a team.

Agreed on the last point. I'm not blown away by the Dragons pack in terms of individuals, but they will play as a strong unit ... same with the Dogs.