What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

>zuzu<

Juniors
Agreed on the last point. I'm not blown away by the Dragons pack in terms of individuals, but they will play as a strong unit ... same with the Dogs.
Agreed.

Both have a closer to a no frills forward pack. They have one or two star players and just other players who can fill the gap handsomely enough to help our their halves out.

Dont think either will be top 2- but both have typified how you dont need the best forward pack to lead the charge. Dogs will miss Eastwood as will the Dragons with Poore.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Oh and just quietly - it took me 7 pages to find a dogs supporter rate his forward pack.

Clearly our counting skills are still floundering after 2002.

WireMan

Bench
If Monaghan is rated as a 9 at hooker, then the quality of players over in the UK is worse than I thought.

Monaghan would be a 6 or 7 at best here. That's not to say he's not a good player, but seriously there are plenty better.

Without wishing to derail a thread but who? The last time he played hooker in Aus was in a grand final. He led the league on passes to put players through a gap (i think i read somewhere). He is an awesome hooker. Hence why we played him at half back... ;-)

The Rabbits look like a good pack, Burgess will go alright, personally i think Ellis is better than him though and Burgess wasn't the best forward in the super league last season.

I like the look of the Sharks pack, but it will prob be wasted by the backs not been all that good. Also the Tigers look strong, although Cayless seemed very injury prone.

8. Shillington - 9 (Kangaroo, could probably give him 10 tbh)
9. Tongue - 5 (As a hooker - as a lock he'd be 7-8)
10. Tilse - 7 (Improving)
11. Harrison - 9 (Kiwi rep, best off loading forward in the world)
12. Learoyd-Lahrs - 9 (Powerhouse NSW rep, will play for Roos this year if fit)
13. Miller - 7 (tough as nails)

46 IMHO.

andrew057 said:

NGR said:
Based on your assesment i will go,
8. Asotasi - 10
9. Luke - 10
10 Burgess - 10
11. Taylor -10
12. Pettybourne - 10
13. Crocker - 10

:lol:

Non Terminator said:
Your bias shows no limits.

cockadoodledoo said:
Shillington a possible 10.. I guess cannabis has been decriminalised in ACT hasn't it.. Must be getting some good stuff.. Let alone the rest of your ratings..

Fiery Dragon said:
Thank you, I LOL'd

Fiery Dragon said:
LOL I love raiders fans. Your forward pack is seriously overrated, its got size and talent, but none of them perform week in week out.

Tom Ace said:
:lol:

Best laugh I've had all day.

Big Pete said:
Shil:lol:ington

The guy can't break a tackle to save his life.

Non Terminator said:
Raiders fans are funny.

Spot On said:
Who is this David Shillington people speak about??? The front row stocks in the NRL are possibly at an all time low if he is getting a run for state and country

How many of you dicks are still laughing at my ratings? We've got the best pack in the league led by the world's best prop - David Shillington. A special LOL @ Souths fans for overrating their pack, and Fiery Dragon for seeing his pack get belted every time they come up against the Raiders.

D

Deleted member 10972

Ryles - 7 (great go-forward and leadership, but discipline issues)
Friend - 6 (talented, outstanding service, but raw)
Myles - 8.5 (yards, tackles, workrate, minutes, aggression, he has it all)
Nuuausala - 7 (NZ rep, can be simply outstanding, but inconsistent)
Aubusson - 8 (possibly our best allround forward, enough said)
Anasta - 7 (still getting used to lock, not bad though)

43.5 total

As for our reserves:

Kouparitsas - 2 (offers nothing except missed tackles and mistakes)
Leilua - 6 (extreme talent but very young and prone to errors)
Hargreaves - 6.5 (NZ rep, very raw and inconsistent but massive potential)
Masoe - 7 (has taken to first grade very quickly, looks right at home)
Conn - 6.5 (good for depth, never lets the team down)
Kennedy - 6 (another raw talent, massive unit but handling is suss)
J Aubusson - 5 (never really hit his straps at Roosters unfortunately)

D

Deleted member 10972

And BobDigi, Shillington is still a bit questionable at club level. He is probably as good as Myles in terms of yards made, but falls behind him because of defensive workrate. But Shillington's Origin performances this year were outstanding.

I said it back in 2006 - Matt Scott, David Shillington and Ben Hannant will be the next Civoniceva/Webcke/Price and lead QLD into a new era. It took all of them a while to hit their straps but now they are peaking and QLD are dominating.

Of course, a frighteningly massive and aggressive trio of backrowers in Thaiday, Myles and Taylor also helps the cause.

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Shillington
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. Cronk
15. Taylor
16. Costigan?
17. Hannant

The future of QLD...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gibbs - 7
Farah - 9
Galloway - 7
Ellis - 8
Heighington - 7
Fulton - 7

sharkies redux

Snowman - 8
Aiton - 6
Douglas - 6
Topou - 6
Millington -5
Gallen - 10

Morris - 6
Wright - 6
Vave - 6
Cordoba - 6
Cuthbertson - 3

dogz08

First Grade
Hannant 6
Ennis 6
Tandy 6
Idris 7.5
Ryan 6
Stagg 7

Paea 7
Hodgson 5.5
Armit 6
Barba 7.5

Big Pete

Referee
How many of you dicks are still laughing at my ratings? We've got the best pack in the league led by the world's best prop - David Shillington.
Credit to Shillington he's improved leaps and bounds on last year. I still don't believe he's the world's best prop BUT I'm not against the notion.

Looking back, my rating of the Broncos pack was fairly harsh in hindsight. Parker probably deserved a 6...but I can't say I was ever THAT big a fan of his.

Revised Ratings...

Shane Tronc - 5
Andrew McCullough - 5
Nick Kenny - 4
Ben Te'o - 7
Sam Thaiday - 8
Corey Parker - 7

With a bench of...

14. Ben Hunt - 5
15. Matt Gillett - 7
16. Mitchell Dodds - 4
17. Scott Anderson - 5

EDIT: Also, my statement on Kingston was a bit harsh, not sure who I was responding too but he's been one of the better hookers this season.

betcats

Referee
Fully healthy pack.

Grant - 8
Kingston - 6.5
Petero - 9
House - 8
Pritchard - 7.5(Hard to say, could be a 9 or a 6)
Lewis - 9

Smith - 6.5
Mckendry - 7.5
Bell - 7
Cooper - 6.5
Iosefa - 6.5

Jebediah

Juniors
Credit to Shillington he's improved leaps and bounds on last year. I still don't believe he's the world's best prop BUT I'm not against the notion.

Looking back, my rating of the Broncos pack was fairly harsh in hindsight. Parker probably deserved a 6...but I can't say I was ever THAT big a fan of his.

Revised Ratings...

Shane Tronc - 5
Andrew McCullough - 5
Nick Kenny - 4
Ben Te'o - 7
Sam Thaiday - 8
Corey Parker - 7

With a bench of...

14. Ben Hunt - 5
15. Matt Gillett - 7
16. Mitchell Dodds - 4
17. Scott Anderson - 5

EDIT: Also, my statement on Kingston was a bit harsh, not sure who I was responding too but he's been one of the better hookers this season.

Thaiday an 8? What's a 9 or 10 then...

Revised Ratings...

Shane Tronc - 5
Andrew McCullough - 5
Nick Kenny - 4
Ben Te'o - 7
Sam Thaiday - 8
Corey Parker - 7

With a bench of...

14. Ben Hunt - 5
15. Matt Gillett - 7
16. Mitchell Dodds - 4
17. Scott Anderson - 5

I knew you'd be the only one to come in and eat that humble pie Pete lol. good onya.

I almost forgot you guys signed Tronc tbh.

Big Pete

Referee
What's a 9 or 10 then...

I reserve those types of scores for the absolute legends of the game.

An 8 is a great score BUT there are still problems in Sam's game that keeps him from reaching THAT level.

D

Deleted member 10972

He's a 7 in my book.

But he could potentially get there someday. I like his style.

The guy has a lot of Steve Menzies/Darren Smith in the way he plays. Small for a frontline forward, but great footwork, plenty of pace, and that sense to hit a hole and run outstanding lines to put his upper body strength to great use. Outstanding cover defender too, very rarely misses a glaring tackle.

Nothing dirty in his game either. It shows that you don't have to be a big huff'n'puff sort of player like Willie Mason, SBW, Sam Thaiday or Frank Pritchard to make it as a modern day backrower.

Latest posts