What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

He's a 7 in my book.

But he could potentially get there someday. I like his style.

Good for your book then. He has the most linebreaks for a forward and averages the most linebreaks per carry out of anyone in the league and he doesn't need to belt people third man in or have a stupid hairstyle to do it.

If Aubusson is a 7 then Thaiday is a 5.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'd have Mitch Aubusson in my team over any other second rower in the comp. He's like the Roosters version of Hindmarsh (in terms of value to the side), except actually talented.

Big Pete

Referee
Good for your book then. He has the most linebreaks for a forward and averages the most linebreaks per carry out of anyone in the league and he doesn't need to belt people third man in or have a stupid hairstyle to do it.
Maybe when Mitchell improves his work-rate or plays rep. football then I'd reconsider.

Until then, he's going to be behind Thaiday.

EDIT: Also might want to get your stats. right before you come off all high and mighty.

Mack - That's why I rate him.

Last edited:

user_nat

Coach

If Aubusson is a 7 then Thaiday is a 5.

If Aubusson is a 7.. is Teo a 9? :crazy:

Aubusson:
7 tries
Average metres: 67
Tackle breaks: 45
Line breaks: 14
Offloads: 16
Average tackles: 28
Try assists: 8

Teo:
11 tries
Average metres: 110
Tackle breaks: 80
Line breaks: 13
Offloads: 38
Average tackles: 20
Try assists: 2

ASH_03

Juniors
8. Shane Tronc - 6
9. Andrew McCullough - 6
10. Nick Kenny - 4
11. Ben Te'o - 7.5
12. Sam Thaiday - 9
13. Corey Parker - 8

With a bench of...

14. Ben Hunt - 5
15. Matt Gillett - 7.5
16. Mitchell Dodds - 4
17. Scott Anderson - 5

TOTAL - 62

caylo

Bench
Starting = 43/60 (avg 7.2)

Cayless 7.5
Keating 5 (close to the worst starting hooker in the comp IMO)
Fuifui 8.5
Hindmarsh 8.5
Smith 7
Mateo 6 (at his best he is a 9 but at his worst... well his a 3)

Bench 28/40 (avg 7)

Poore 7.5
Mannah 7.5
Shakelton 6.5
Horo 6.5

Chook Norris

First Grade
Maybe when Mitchell improves his work-rate or plays rep. football then I'd reconsider.

Until then, he's going to be behind Thaiday.

EDIT: Also might want to get your stats. right before you come off all high and mighty.

Mack - That's why I rate him.

agreed, for me that's one of the areas he still needs to improve a fair fair bit.. he's a great defender and can sniff out a hole brilliantly; but doesn't carry the ball up as much as he should at times

RHCP

Bench
Mitchell Aubusson needs to start doing some more of the dirty work rather than stand out in the centres all game waiting for a hole to open up before he gets into the upper echelons of backrowers.

adamkungl

Immortal
Hey, not every backrower has the workrate of a workhorse like Ben Creagh. Can't wait for his next 25m origin effort

AuDragon

Juniors
We probably have the worst pack in the comp and one of the best 2nd rows... Hannant will be very welcome!

8- Tronc (7) Solid frontrower, good offload, doesn't bend the defence
9- McCullough (5) Very young still, quite slow, but talented. On the up
10- Kenny (5.5) Need much more from him
11- Te'o (8) Very good season so far, only 23 y/o. Promissing future!
12- Thaiday (9.5) Best 2nd rower in comp, nuff said
13- Parker (8.5) If only he had the Lewis ball playing ability.
Starters: 43.5

14- Gillett (8) 21 y/o killing it on his rookie season, can only get better.
15- Anderson (6) Needs more consistency. Good ball runner
16- Dodds (6) Excellent defence, needs more aggression in his runs
17- McGuire (6.5) Young and full of enthousiasm. Needs more discipline
Bench: 26.5

Total: 70

at full strength the team id have
8. TLL - 8 - Hard running wrecking machine
9. Butriss - 6.5 - improving with every game. Underated but far from the best
10. Shillo - 8.5 - Wow he has surprised me in 2010. Finally deserves his rep honors
11. J. Thompson - 8 - cannot score him much higher due to lack of experience but in a few years he will be one of the best backrowers in the comp. probably for some Sydney club though :(
12. Harrison - 7.5 - great attacking player, poor defensive player
13. Fensom 7.5 - great definsive and support player. Better then Tongue imo

14 Tongue - 6 - Past his prime. Makes more mistakes then opportunities
15. Thurling - 7 - Underated, damaging ball runner but gives away silly penalties
16. Tilse - 6 - im one of the few raiders fans who dont rate him, too many sillys, way to many offloads to the ground or the opposition
17. Logan - 7 -Hard running, agressive, no nonsense
18. Miller - 6.5 - kamakazie much?
19. Waddel - 6 - meh lincoln withers v2

Y2Eel

First Grade
How many of you dicks are still laughing at my ratings? We've got the best pack in the league led by the world's best prop - David Shillington. A special LOL @ Souths fans for overrating their pack, and Fiery Dragon for seeing his pack get belted every time they come up against the Raiders.

Iam still laughing at your ratings.. you gave 3 players a rating of 9 is it out of 20? They are good players but not deserving of a rating so high.. One of the best packs going around and i hope they make the 8 cos they could be a suprise in the finals...

pantherz9103

First Grade
PANTHERS

Grant- 7.5
Kingston- 7.5
Petero- 10
Pritchard- 8
Waterhouse-7.5
Lewis- 9.5

Bench Forwards
Mckendry- 7
Bell- 6.5
Smith- 6
Cooper- 5
Laurie- 6
Iosefa- 6.5

saint pebba

Coach
I'd have Mitch Aubusson in my team over any other second rower in the comp. He's like the Roosters version of Hindmarsh (in terms of value to the side), except actually talented.

In all fairness to Aubusson as he is a solid backrower, there is no way on god's earth that he is a 9/10.

To be a 9/10 in any position, the player needs to be able to change the course of a match single handed.

To me there are only a handful of players in the NRL that can do this and probably only 1-2 backrowers.

oldmancraigy

Coach

Yes yes - because it's a well known fact that Nathan Hindmarsh is a complete waste of space on a football field...

Never been able to do ANYTHING of ANY use whatsoever.

I mean forget the fact that the guy averages over 40 tackles a game and over 100m a game for his career. Forget the fact that year in year out he's one of the league leaders in offloads. Forget the fact that when he was Aubussons age he broke the line at will.

Clearly the guy has absolutely no talent...

I do like Aubusson - and agree that he's the 'value added' man for the Roosters pack. But Hindmarsh still makes a very significant contribution on a footy field! AND is clearly a talented footballer. They're good at different things - but both are talents.