What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A disgrace

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
And inglis said that he thought nothing was in it, so his own players commented on the incident as well, McGuire should just shut his mouth

64 Dragon

Coach
Price talking about it is "bad for the game". And Inglis doing it is "worse for the game".Maguire is a total wally, he is now talking about it as well.

TonyDragons1

Juniors
Not sure if it has been bought up here but what about the attitude in general of the Soufs team to a clearly injured player? Issac Luke giving the throat slitting symbol as Deano is carted off, Inglis smiling and making gleeful comments to his team mates.

As much as I hate to admit it, Billy Slater is a dead set gem compared to these Merkins when you consider his actions towards Wolfman last year.

Yes Rugby League is a tough mans game, play it hard but play it fair...

This suspension will surely rule out a leading Daly M contender for the year.

blacklock

Juniors
years ago it would have been considered a good hit. i agree he should have been suspended...but not for that long.

although he doesnt play for our club, i prefer having players like him on the field. it enriches our sport. we should be able to differentiate between accidents and malice.

i guarantee you...the next area to be targeted will be ball carriers putting in the shoulder / head forward. how many times do we see a game stopped because a tacklers head has his the shoulder of an attacker flush. or for example how matt utai ducks leading with his head into the defensive line.

it makes no difference if youre defending or attacking. a ball carriers shoulder is just as effective at knocking out a person as a defenders shoulder. yet somehow when a defender is laid out on the floor.,...everyone just shrugs and says "shit happens...he got his head in the wrong position".

its a frigging contact sport. if concussions are the issue, then they should consider helmets as a standard.

blacklock

Juniors
==
it was a massive hit and could have been fatal.

the rule makers should prevent its recurrence.

ban the shoulder charge.

hod
seriously? :) watch a few highlight reels from the UFC. the body is built to withstand that sort of punishment (within reason). unless someone drops you off a building onto somebody's shoulder.....the chance of killing someone with a shoulder are slim.

either that or anderson silva needs to start being trained by greg inglis :p

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Price talking about it is "bad for the game". And Inglis doing it is "worse for the game".Maguire is a total wally, he is now talking about it as well.
Indeed.

The hypocrisy of the Souths media release is that they are accusing Price of trying to influence the judiciary (as if he could do that), yet they trying to do the same thing in a much more blatant manner.

If anything, Souths should be fined for trying to influence the judiciary outcome.

Their statement is an official club release, not some innocuous coach's comment to the media.

Their official statement reeks of prejudice. They admit to trying to influence the ARLC. They even close by demanding that the ARLC to take action against Price. Obvious attempt at deflection, they must think everyone is stupid.

Last edited:
seriously? :) watch a few highlight reels from the UFC. the body is built to withstand that sort of punishment (within reason). unless someone drops you off a building onto somebody's shoulder.....the chance of killing someone with a shoulder are slim.

either that or anderson silva needs to start being trained by greg inglis :p

Well OK Blacklock.
I admit it.
I am not 100% serious, merely trying to make a point.

The same as you - in trying to equate the impact forces generated within a tiny (UFC) cage, to those generated by two bodies racing towards each other from 20m away (as on a footy field).
Are you serious??

But let's leave that discussion for the so called "bio-mechanics experts".
We'll hear a lot from them this week.
Souths will wheel them in to show that Dean Young was falling and that the point of impact was actually .....blah blah blah....

Being serious, I hope GI gets at least 3 weeks.

And I do hope the shoulder charge is banned.
It is a fairly recent "innovation".
When players could stiff-arm, nobody thought of a shoulder charge.

Players are mistaken if they think they have to voice support for the shoulder charge, to demonstrate their manliness.

hod.

blacklock

Juniors
Well OK Blacklock.
I admit it.
I am not 100% serious, merely trying to make a point.

The same as you - in trying to equate the impact forces generated within a tiny (UFC) cage, to those generated by two bodies racing towards each other from 20m away (as on a footy field).
Are you serious??

But let's leave that discussion for the so called "bio-mechanics experts".
We'll hear a lot from them this week.
Souths will wheel them in to show that Dean Young was falling and that the point of impact was actually .....blah blah blah....

Being serious, I hope GI gets at least 3 weeks.

And I do hope the shoulder charge is banned.
It is a fairly recent "innovation".
When players could stiff-arm, nobody thought of a shoulder charge.

Players are mistaken if they think they have to voice support for the shoulder charge, to demonstrate their manliness.

hod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9CvRpD1fac

watch anderson silvas ko in this clip. what we consider as concussion in our sport is a walk in the park compared to mma.

its important to protect players...but its important also to put it into context as to what the body is able to take. (the ko is 30 seconds or so in. headkick flush to the face).

after watching that and comparing it to a shoulder charge...the amount of force is significantly higher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9CvRpD1fac

watch anderson silvas ko in this clip. what we consider as concussion in our sport is a walk in the park compared to mma.

its important to protect players...but its important also to put it into context as to what the body is able to take. (the ko is 30 seconds or so in. headkick flush to the face).

after watching that and comparing it to a shoulder charge...the amount of force is significantly higher.

I watched it.
And it made ME dizzy!

But thanks for the heads-up.

here's the plan.
we'll start slowly.
get it banned in NRL first.

then take on MMA Australia - LOL.

are you in?
maybe not.
;-)

keep well blacklock.

hod.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
years ago it would have been considered a good hit. i agree he should have been suspended...but not for that long.

although he doesnt play for our club, i prefer having players like him on the field. it enriches our sport. we should be able to differentiate between accidents and malice.

i guarantee you...the next area to be targeted will be ball carriers putting in the shoulder / head forward. how many times do we see a game stopped because a tacklers head has his the shoulder of an attacker flush. or for example how matt utai ducks leading with his head into the defensive line.

it makes no difference if youre defending or attacking. a ball carriers shoulder is just as effective at knocking out a person as a defenders shoulder. yet somehow when a defender is laid out on the floor.,...everyone just shrugs and says "shit happens...he got his head in the wrong position".

its a frigging contact sport. if concussions are the issue, then they should consider helmets as a standard.

it enriches our sport. we should be able to differentiate between accidents and malice.

Sorry mate having Inglis carrying on like that doesnt enrich my sport.....and how in hell do you differentiate between accidents and malice.......eg in the last round when Bailey got smacked in the face by what appeared to be a clenched fist by Hoffman he was apparently trying to dislodge the ball.....he missed the ball by half a metre......Im not suggesting there was any malice involved because it doesnt appear to be his go....but how do you differentiate it from an accident.....only the player that carried out the action can tell you that......

Fire

First Grade
The charge will be downgraded and he'll get three weeks. Better than nothing I guess. Hardly ever wish injuries on players, but hope he gets a season ending ACL injury in the near future.

64 Dragon

Coach
The charge will be downgraded and he'll get three weeks. Better than nothing I guess. Hardly ever wish injuries on players, but hope he gets a season ending ACL injury in the near future.

Hope he gets appendicitis from all the junk food he's been eating.

Mr Red

First Grade
Price's comments influencing the judiciary? are they serious? have the bunnies been hiding under a rock all season??
Pricey couldnt influence an ethiopian to eat a hamburger.... he's too busy pulling the pants up of the media that he claimed our brilliant form has pulled down after our winning streak of 1.
i think even Julia Gillard would win a popularity contest against him at the moment..

TruSaint

Referee
Souths are in panick mode. Simple. Luke 3 weeks, Inglis maybe 5. As Cronulla is beggining to slide, so will the Bunnies. Dont get me wrong, they have a balanced side. As much as i dislike Inglis he has probably won 3-5 games for them. They do not have the strike power to replace him. They just got home against the Chooks, and beat us unconvincingly. The shoulder charge is part of the game. I believe Deanos situation clearly shows that a second man in with a shoulder charge is the issue as it distrorts the body and twists the spine. He had a man around his waist, his body was contorted to a dangerous level.

Mr Red

First Grade
Souths are in panick mode. Simple. Luke 3 weeks, Inglis maybe 5. As Cronulla is beggining to slide, so will the Bunnies. Dont get me wrong, they have a balanced side. As much as i dislike Inglis he has probably won 3-5 games for them. They do not have the strike power to replace him. They just got home against the Chooks, and beat us unconvincingly. The shoulder charge is part of the game. I believe Deanos situation clearly shows that a second man in with a shoulder charge is the issue as it distrorts the body and twists the spine. He had a man around his waist, his body was contorted to a dangerous level.
souths beat us unconvincingly? they put nearly 40 on us and still had another gear to go up if needed.. despite an ample share of possession and opportunites in the first half we never really caused their defence too many problems..
as for Dean young he was twisting himself to offload, the impact of the tackle did not cause this in any way, and the intial tackler aroudn the legs had barely touched young before the inglis impact..

TruSaint

Referee
With all respect Red, when the incident happened the game was in the balance. I am not saying we would have won my friend. As for the impact of tackle one, watch it again. Yes Deano did turn to unload the ball, but his mobility had already been restricted. i totllay agree that we had ample opportunities, better side won the game. All i am porporting wthout upsetting you, is that the shoulder charge in free motion is part of the game. Would Deanos body have been twisted like a pretcel is he wanst held. No.

Latest posts