What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League Season 2007/08

fish eel

Immortal
I think Mariners may just get Sydney this week, though I'll be there singing trying to get my boys home.

I reckon Sydney's season hinges on this brazillian striker they've just signed, Patrick. If he is any good, we'll have Juninho and Corica feeding him goal after goal. If he is rubbish, we may be stuck with Zdonkey up front.

I can't wait to see Juninho. He'll be better than Yorke IMO.

lolesi

First Grade
Zdrilic is just so useless.

I hate watching Sydney when he is the striker, and i go for Sydney!

chiana

Juniors
Twizzle said:
A-League Fixtures

Round 1

8PM - Fri, 25 Aug 2006
Melbourne Victory vs Adelaide United

7PM - Sat, 26 Aug 2006
Queensland Roar vs Perth Glory

5PM - Sun, 27 Aug 2006
NZ Knights vs Newcastle Jets
Sydney FC vs CC Mariners

What have you been smoking Twizzle? That's 2006.
I've got tickets to see the Mariners get over the top of Sydney for Friday night 24th of August. (Although you did make me recheck :lol: that I had the correct tickets).

chiana

Juniors
fish eel said:
I think Mariners may just get Sydney this week, though I'll be there singing trying to get my boys home.

I reckon Sydney's season hinges on this brazillian striker they've just signed, Patrick. If he is any good, we'll have Juninho and Corica feeding him goal after goal. If he is rubbish, we may be stuck with Zdonkey up front.

I can't wait to see Juninho. He'll be better than Yorke IMO.

Agreed

Although I'm a Mariners Supporter, it'll be great to see Juninho play. I think he will have a lot to offer.

fish eel

Immortal
chiana said:
What have you been smoking Twizzle? That's 2006.
I've got tickets to see the Mariners get over the top of Sydney for Friday night 24th of August. (Although you did make me recheck :lol: that I had the correct tickets).

FMD Twiz!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

borat

Bench
1. Adelaide
2. Newcastle
3. Roar
4. Melbourne

5. Sydney
6. Perth
7. Mariners
8. Wellington

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
lets try 2007

Friday, August 24

Sydney vs Central Coast
Sydney Football Stadium 8:00 pm

Saturday, August 25

QLD Roar vs Adelaide
Suncorp Stadium 7:00 pm

Sunday, August 26

Wellington vs Melbourne
Westpac Trust Stadium 2:00 pm

Perth vs Newcastle
Members Equity Stadium 5:00 pm

bayrep said:
If Pre-season is anything to go by then Wellington will not be bottom of the table this year (touch wood:pray: )

if pre-season is anything to go by then Melbourne and Sydney will be battling it out for the wooden spoon ;-)

borat

Bench
Collingwood Storm said:
if pre-season is anything to go by then Melbourne and Sydney will be battling it out for the wooden spoon ;-)

Thats why pre-season is usually nothing to go by.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Friday, August 24

Sydney 2 def Central Coast 1 (14,500)

Saturday, August 25

QLD Roar 0 lose to Adelaide 1 (22,000)

Sunday, August 26

Wellington 2 draw with Melbourne 2 (7,500)

Perth 1 draw with Newcastle 1 (11,000)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I expect at least 10,000 in Wellington.

Auckland could manage nearly 10 for their first game.

Blaze

Juniors
Misanthrope said:
Sunday, August 26

Wellington 2 draw with Melbourne 2 (7,500)

Wellington got between 5,000-6,000 in both their pre-season home games...

Expect a 5 figure crowd.

Season memberships are getting up to 2,000 as well, which is comparable to the central coast apparently.

I will predict a crowd of 12,000 for the Welington Phoenix's debut game.

Oh and by the way I have watched the Phoenix play twice now, and I can at least tell you that they won't be as boring as the Knights were. They play an open, attacking style of football and will be a credit to the league.

As for predicitions, well I don't think we will be quite good enough to make the playoffs this season, but it will be a very positive first season nonetheless.

borat

Bench
Blaze said:
Wellington got between 5,000-6,000 in both their pre-season home games...

Expect a 5 figure crowd.

Season memberships are getting up to 2,000 as well, which is comparable to the central coast apparently.

I will predict a crowd of 12,000 for the Welington Phoenix's debut game.

Oh and by the way I have watched the Phoenix play twice now, and I can at least tell you that they won't be as boring as the Knights were. They play an open, attacking style of football and will be a credit to the league.

As for predicitions, well I don't think we will be quite good enough to make the playoffs this season, but it will be a very positive first season nonetheless.

I think the Phoenix will be extremely hard to beat at home but struggle on the road in their first season.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Blaze said:

Probably because they have the talent to play to win, rather than attempt to hold out for the draw.

shiznit

Coach
the NZ hearald are saying the pheonix will get between 12,000 and 20,000. pretty good effort by the wellingtonians.

Latest posts