What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A player/s past or present that you thought deserved more wraps

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
I agree, Luke phillips has to be one of the most under rated players ever.

put his body on the line in attack and defense all the time, every time

Comrade Ian Rubin did not get the recognition he deserved and should also be inducted into the Soviet Russian Sport hall of fame as a great patriot of Soviet Russian Rugby League having captained the 2000 Soviet Russian Bears World Cup side

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
currently i would say Frank the tank Puletua.(has gone well since re-joining the panthers)

Previously, i would say Steve Reardon of the dogs.

Billy Gunn

Juniors
I would say the following never got the raps that they deserved

Peter Cusak (still doesn't)
Harvey Howard
Andrew Walker
Andrew Leeds
Hoppa ( dead set goose but top player)

Raider_69

Post Whore
griff said:
Call me crazy, but I reckon Dean Schifilliti. Injuries and moving around a lot with the SL war probably hampered him a bit.

Also agree with Andrew Leeds, a great player.

Also hardly a little known player but another player that deserved more wraps was Ricky Stuart - a far better player than Daley or Langer but got way less wraps.

agreed with you on sticky, when people talk the best halves, you hear johns, daley, langer, fittler, lewis and sterling, on his day (and there was a few of them) sticky was every bit as good as those above... fantastic player, his pin point long kicking game revolutionised the game IMO, before him it was kick it as hard as you can, stuart perfected the idea of using kicks to play feild position...