What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC 7:30 Report

Avenger

Immortal
If it's proven that Gallen took money under the table you will lose competition points. I'm sure all teams do it though, however it appears that the Sharkies got caught.

This will snowball now.

kmav23

Juniors
You're still wrong. They may issue an infraction notice against a player, but not sanctions. They dont even issue infraction notices against a club, let alone recommend sanctions against a club.

You obviously aren't able to understand how this works, so there is no point discussing it any further with you.

If the nrl wants billions for stadiums clubs etc over the next decades it will follow what asada wants

kmav23

Juniors
If it's proven that Gallen took money under the table you will lose competition points. I'm sure all teams do it though, however it appears that the Sharkies got caught.

This will snowball now.

Do you have evidence?

highly unlikely in to well run clubs today.

The penalties will be too big.

newman

First Grade
Can we please have KMAVs post deleted mods? He has a long and proven history as a shark hating troll.

DJShaksta

First Grade

This will snowball now.

This issue was dealt with months ago.

f**k these trolls are DUMB.

Bjorn Pork

Juniors
ASADA is govt organisation and is very powerful

The govt funds the NRL in millions every year in grants / stadiums etc...

NRL will follow ASADA or risk massive loss in funding...

disrespecting the GOVT is crazy for the NRL

The NRL is no going to damage itself to protect cronulla

If the nrl wants billions for stadiums clubs etc over the next decades it will follow what asada wants

Haha, mate, you are a really dumb man. As dumb as James Hooper and Josh Massoud. No idea why people get so worked up about you.

ASADA doesn't "want" anything. They are purely an investigative body.

Feej

First Grade
Can we please have KMAVs post deleted mods? He has a long and proven history as a shark hating troll.

Rather than just deleting his posts, how about banning the f**ker from this forum? He contributes absolutely nothing and just trolls.

taipan

Referee

Its not a case of what ASADA wants.Its a case of them establishing a case and providing ëvidence" water tight, which they then pass on to the NRL.The NRL will upon legal advice make decisions as to issue of inf'raction notices if need be,and other penalties depending on the severity.

WADA will be no doubt looking in the background ,to see what unfolds to ensure should punishment be needed, it is enforced.

The NRL for the umpteenth time,is going to do what is right and required full stop and follow due process .That is what is required by WADA.

Longy

Juniors
Didn't see the report at all.

Was the story about the same 3rd party payments that we just got fined $150k for or something new?

The security company that lost the contract and went running off to the NRL to dob us in or has someone actually found a new story to report on?

Vin Fizz

Bench
I can't see them surviving the fallout. !
And see the ARLC renege on a billion dollar TV deal that requires the code to play an agreed number of games for TV over the next 5 years. Nah champ. They didn't kick the Storm out. There isn't a club ready to take up a licence for 2014 and there isn't enough time (just speculation) to get one up before say 2015. The ARLC has ist hands full with the Tigpies I reckon. If they wanted us gone they had the chance this year. Simple, they don't and we will survive. Whos your team btw? Not a sharks fan i'm guessing.

Surely

Post Whore

This will snowball now.

Like inglis's boat ?

Southern Shark

Juniors
We just learnt why you never employ people who are unaware of a clubs history. Remember flanno having to build the gym himself and drive and pick up a boxing ring. He had to pay for it somehow so created a high performance account because we now had a gym and boxing ring. And he is being tarnished for this is another disgrace. The security company payment fines were handed out six weeks ago by the Nrl. We dont have accounts because they are written in a register. Bruno should have known all of this if he was a decent Ceo. Have to wonder about his credibility now. How much was he paid for the interview. What is his agenda. It stinks.

Surely

Post Whore
A WAR of words between the Broncos and a player agent over an alleged third-party agreement involving prop Dave Taylor could lead to a salary cap investigation.

The Sunday Mail has learned Col Davis, the manager of Brisbane prop Dave Taylor, is seeking $40,000 from the club on behalf of his client as part of a TPA allegedly discussed with Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen during contract negotiations.

Davis claims the Broncos have until October 31 – the day Taylor's one-year contract with Brisbane expires – to pay the outstanding amount.

Davis said the dispute was a contributing factor in Taylor's decision to quit the club and join Souths next season.

But Cullen has hit back, insisting no such agreement exists.

He confirmed raising the possibility of a third-party sponsorship with Davis, but said it was the responsibility of Taylor's agent to personally broker any deal with the prospective sponsor.

Under the code's salary cap laws, a club can be found guilty of a cap breach if it fails to declare a third-party agreement to the NRL.

The NRL is aware of the dispute and to date is happy with the information it has received.

However, if Davis is able to show there was a firm agreement, it's understood their stance may change. NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert has the power to widen his current investigation into the Broncos, launched last month, to incorporate the TPA dispute.

NRL spokesman John Brady confirmed that the governing body's probe of Brisbane's affairs remains open after allegations mining magnate Ken Talbot had handed out cash to several Broncos players while he was a member of the Thoroughbreds, a group of wealthy businessmen who provided support and advice to players.

The allegations were made last month by former Broncos chairman Don Nissen while he was giving testimony at the corruption trial of former Beattie government minister Gordon Nuttall in Brisbane's District Court.

Davis is adamant the Broncos still owe Taylor $40,000 after an initial $10,000 payment for a traineeship and has taken steps to recoup the money he believes he is owed.

He confirmed visiting Broncos football manager Peter Nolan over the matter last Thursday morning. He said he left the meeting at the club's offices at Red Hill "confident the issue will be sorted out in due course".

"At the time of doing (Taylor's) contract I met with Bruno and he advised they would assist with getting a third-party agreement," Davis claimed.

"At this stage, Dave hasn't received his money, but I've met with Peter Nolan.

"There was a TPA that was agreed to – and I'm not going to back down from that."

Contacted Friday, Cullen said he was not aware of Davis's meeting with Nolan to discuss the alleged TPA.

Cullen scoffed at claims by Davis that, having met Nolan, he had been given an assurance the dispute would be resolved.

Nolan said: "I never wanted to be dragged into this because it was an issue between Bruno and Col Davis.

"But I categorically deny it (promising to resolve the issue). I did not say that to Col Davis."

Cullen revealed that a third party declared his interest in paying $50,000 a year for five years as part of a sponsorship arrangement with Taylor.

Cullen says he left the negotiation process to Davis and the prospective sponsor, but maintains no TPA was brokered.

He also slammed suggestions the alleged agreement could represent an undisclosed, under-the-table payment aimed at circumventing the NRL salary cap.

"Ask Col Davis for a copy of the TPA. That would be a good way to prove if one is in place," Cullen said.

In response, Davis said: "I was told (by Cullen) we could strike a third-party deal. The issue arose when I started to ask questions about what we needed to do to get the money due under the third-party agreement."

Cullen said at no stage did he guarantee Davis a TPA for Taylor.

"I advised Dave Taylor's manager during negotiations that there was a third-party interested in securing his services for the Broncos at $50,000 a year for five years. That had to be procured between Dave's manager and the third party," Cullen said.

Asked if he disclosed the proposed TPA to the NRL, Cullen said: "No, it never went ahead.

"There was no need for me to inform the NRL before we had an agreement between Dave and the third party.

Cullen said he believed Davis had let his client down: "I don't take any responsibility for this at all."

NRL spokesman Brady said: "We are keeping an open mind around the allegations surrounding the Broncos and it is still being investigated.

"There is an ongoing interest around some of the issues related to the Thoroughbreds and we review all clubs on a regular basis.

"We'll continue to look at all matters."

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/n...contract-dispute/story-e6frep5x-1225759391477

Speaking of dodgy shit

Latest posts