What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC 7:30 Report

Eion

First Grade
Rather than just deleting his posts, how about banning the f**ker from this forum? He contributes absolutely nothing and just trolls.
This. Serious question, what do u need to do to actually get banned? I preferred redders

Stinkler

Juniors
So IF Flanno goes down for this "secret" bank account that apparently wasn't so secret anyway, then surely Ricky Stuart goes down too as he seems to be the one who started it?

IF Gallen was paid by E Group, then would it be subject to tax anyway? As Gal doesn't work for E Group, wouldn't it just be a "gift"? Isn't this just an NRL Salary Cap issue? Haven't the Sharks already been slammed and fined for this?

The only concern I can see is IF Flanno paid Dank from his "secret account", which he has denied. So what exectly is the issue here?

Surely

Post Whore
Brisbane Broncos fan Ken Talbot 'paid cash' to Shane Webcke
Dan Koch
July 08, 2009 12:00AM
THE NRL's salary cap auditor has launched an investigation into the Brisbane Broncos following revelations mining magnate Ken Talbot had handed out cash to several players, including former Test prop Shane Webcke.
The revelation came from the testimony of former Broncos chairman Don Nissen at the corruption trial of former Beattie government minister Gordon Nuttall in Brisbane's District Court.
The Australian understands the NRL's probe will focus on payments allegedly made to several players, including Webcke, by Talbot in return for guest appearances made at functions, mines and hotels under his business umbrella.
Talbot has never been officially associated with the Broncos through an NRL-approved club sponsorship, but the founder of Macarthur Coal was a long-time member of the Thoroughbreds - a group of wealthy businessmen supporting and advising Broncos players.
Any payments made to players would need to be presented to cap auditor Ian Schubert for approval to avoid a breach of the strict salary cap guidelines.

During his evidence Nissen said Talbot was a generous man who had given money to some Broncos players, which was not expected to be repaid.
Under further questioning by crown prosecutor Ross Martin, Nissen said Talbot was "a committed fan" of the Broncos.
"It may have changed with (former Broncos coach) Mr Bennett going to the Dragons," Nissen added jokingly.
Pressed further about the money given to the players, Nissen told the court players had visited Talbot's hotels socially and had also visited the hotels, including the Cleveland Sands Hotel, on a more formal basis on a number of occasions.
"(Did) the visits from the Broncos attract customers?" Martin asked Mr Nissen.
"Yes," Nissen answered.
Webcke, who became a member of the advisory board of the Talbot Hotel Group following his retirement at the end of 2006, was present on a number of occasions, having also visited a number of mines.
The 2003 annual report for Talbot's MDA Capital notes Webcke and Bennett visited the Copabella mine in December 2002 "to discuss the importance of health, fitness and motivation with the employees".
When contacted by The Australian yesterday Webcke offered only "no comment".
Broncos boss Bruno Cullen said he had immediately contacted Schubert following news of Nissen's testimony and had been in correspondence with the NRL's top bean-counter, with both men keen to get to the bottom of the matter.
Cullen said he had been unable to get in contact with Nissen to clarify the details of just when and to whom these payments were made, but wanted to do so by the end of the week.
"I think we are obligated to find out exactly what his testimony referred to. I am in the process of trying to find that out as part of what (Schubert) has asked us to present to him," Cullen said.
"While some people may not believe me, I was very surprised when I heard about Don's testimony.
"Obviously sometimes you hear rumours here and there. We like to keep on top of those things and we investigate whenever we think it even slightly necessary."
Talbot's close association with Bennett and the Broncos was brought into the public arena in late 2007, when it was revealed the mining tsar had arranged to pay Bennett $1million over a 10-year period as part of a fund set up to help Bennett's two disabled children.
Cullen reportedly first became aware of the payments earlier that year and asked specifically whether Talbot had been making payments to players, which Bennett denied he had.
Given the allegation dates back beyond Cullen's time at the helm of the club, the Broncos boss said there was still some investigating to do, but was adamant he was not overly concerned.
"I am comfortable that there isn't a breach," he said.
"I am not that concerned. I honestly don't believe this is a major issue.
"Obviously I want to know what went on, but I am relaxed about our position."
http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...-to-shane-webcke/story-e6frg6n6-1225747115763

Nothing to see here

Longy

Juniors
E-Group security!!! Thats what we we're fined $150k for, the NRL knows about it, no story here, taken care of. Remember the name, boycott the merkins and give grief to their staff!!

The whole story is old news. Bruno must be upset he's not getting paid to do absolutely nothing.

This. Serious question, what do u need to do to actually get banned? I preferred redders

As long as you guys keep feeding the trolls it is considered banter.

The best thing you can do is ignore them and stop whinging, if they keep doing it unprovoked then is easier to have them banned.

Do not feed the trolls, that some of you haven't learnt this lesson yet amazes me.

Eion

First Grade
Yeah well, someone starts a thread it's going to be responded to, particularly if it's on a topic that would have been discussed anyway. The point is he comes on here for 1 reason only.

If you promise to ban him if no one responds to any of his posts then I'm sure we can all restrain ourselves.

webShark

Next we will get Oj Simpson's lawyer. If we could afford him. Even he might struggle getting us off. Get it sorted ASAP so we can start next year without losing points and potential sponsors. Essendon are in strife and we are about a month behind.

Feej

First Grade
As long as you guys keep feeding the trolls it is considered banter.

The best thing you can do is ignore them and stop whinging, if they keep doing it unprovoked then is easier to have them banned.

Do not feed the trolls, that some of you haven't learnt this lesson yet amazes me.

Yeah well, someone starts a thread it's going to be responded to, particularly if it's on a topic that would have been discussed anyway. The point is he comes on here for 1 reason only.

If you promise to ban him if no one responds to any of his posts then I'm sure we can all restrain ourselves.

I'll commit to do the same as long as the mods follow through at an appropriate time. I reckon' we should all do the same.

Feej

First Grade
Actually, while we are talking about this stuff, whatever happened to following up on us having a private forum? Was discussed a week or two ago, but nothing since.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Was at the airport trying to watch.
Can I say something. The Sharks are no longer newsworthy.
Everybody looked up....Sharks......back to watching paint dry.
We've worne them out.

Stinkler

Juniors
I just love how dickheads continually have pot shots at us, without knowing the facts.

They hammer the fans like we asked for it. Farkwits.

Would it make me a bad person to wish this shit was just the tip of the iceberg, and that all 16 clubs are involved? Most worse than us?

gavin_miller

Juniors
E-Group security!!! Thats what we we're fined $150k for, the NRL knows about it, no story here, taken care of. Remember the name, boycott the merkins and give grief to their staff!!

silly question but who does security now, down at Remondis? In my head i see E-Group but ... in reality?

Card Shark

Immortal
I really hope the Roosters f**k up and get outed in two games come finals.

That would make my year now.

Yeh , they have a couple of f**kwit "supporters" that make me feel the same.

They have short memories...wasnt that long ago they were near the bottom. Karma might put them back there before they know it .