What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC net article - I hate Rugby League

Gregor Stronach

Juniors
what i found funny about this dumbass was this;

he calls it sexist, then states that he knows alot of women, calling them broads.

haha!

hey gregory, your gonzo journalism doesnt have style or accuracy, so f**k off back to where you came from.

Hey Dodger...

think about it a little more... and therein lies the joke.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
I'm really glad you do - everyone should have something in their life that they're passionate about. many people go their whole lives without finding that special something that truly makes them happy.

and if watching a sport makes you that happy, then more power to you.

seriously - it's excellent that something so simple makes you so happy.

It was vaguely humorous! There are plenty of questionable types running around in AFL (Wayne Carey, Ben Cousins) and Union (SBW :))

It is a question of what you grow up with. Not much to debate really.

Are you sure you are not here to take a pop at people less well educated than yourself, just to build yourself up?

Last edited:
It was vaguely humorous! There are plenty of questionable types running around in AFL (Wayne Carey, Ben Cousins) and Union (SBW :))

It is a question of what you grow up with. Not much to debate really.

Are you sure you are not here to take a pop at people less well educated than yourself, just to build yourself up?

I'm sure there are plenty of Posters here who have an Art's Degree. Some of those would even be printed on 3 ply toilet paper! :D

Dee

Juniors
You know what, I feel sorry for you. You don't like Rugby League and you don't like Golf, or even sport in general? You truly are missing out. You turn such a blatant blind eye to League to see what actual level of skills and entertainment it entails.

Meh, I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone who has such a biased and obviously stubborn opinion of League. :?

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Hey Dodger...

think about it a little more... and therein lies the joke.

The joke was too obvious to be funny!

This fellow is Cronulla supporter. It is well know in rugby league circles that Cronulla is a blight on the game and they are going to be removed from the comp ASAP.

Please do not judge the average rugby league fan by the Cronulla fan base.

Azkatro

First Grade
yeah, cheers ;-)

I'm not expecting this to be easy, nor am I expecting that anyone here would agree with me - but I am interested in discussing the issue with people who want to...
You wrote a piece that criticises rugby league and contains factual errors, and you think you're clever? Satirical or not, the only thing it does is acts as a guilty pleasure for others who blindly criticise rugby league, and once again denigrates the supporters and participants of the game.

You're about as clever as Arthur Tunstall.

Thomas

First Grade
I've never understood that saying.

Surely if you are the "farter" then a fart in an elevator is a very humerous thing.

Akin to farting in a car...locking the windows and then turning the heater on.

Hilarity ensues.

I've never understood that saying.

Surely if you are the "farter" then a fart in an elevator is a very humerous thing.

Akin to farting in a car...locking the windows and then turning the heater on.

Hilarity ensues.

You've just described the meaning perfectly. Read through what you've posted again.

That saying basically means that the "farter" thinks he is hilarious, while the "fartee's" (I guess you would call them, or the fart recipient's for want of a better term) think the opposite. In essence, our friend Gregor thinks his own jokes are classic, while the general population find them smelly.

The Dodger

First Grade
The joke was too obvious to be funny!

This fellow is Cronulla supporter. It is well know in rugby league circles that Cronulla is a blight on the game and they are going to be removed from the comp ASAP.

Please do not judge the average rugby league fan by the Cronulla fan base.

haha
coming from a fan of a club who will die from what this nobjockey is predicting will happen.

i was doing the following but towards this mongrel;

You wrote a piece that criticises rugby league and contains factual errors, and you think you're clever?

I have an opinion Gregor and that is that you are entitled to your opinion weather we like it or not. The simple fact you have a method of delivering that opinion to numerous people is disappointing but realistically those that choose to read it or add it to a forum like this only add more credibility to you as a journo. Your getting your message out, be it liked or not.

I don't agree with your opinion of Rugby League, but thats just my opinion and I see little value in debating your article with you or anyone else. You have your view, you have expressed it and regardless of what anyone in here has to say, your opinion will remain unchanged.

As a RL fan I have a finals series to focus on and enjoy rather than rubbish your article or you personally over expressing your opinion.

So with that I will depart and wish you every success in your career as a serious, well informed Journo with a balanced writing style that entices readers to search out your articles. I certainly will not be one of those.

Last edited: