What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adelaide Sharks?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
the big question from the bulldogs adelaide adventure

"why does number 7 throw it inside all the time?"

Bitter much? :lol:

He's been your most successful half since the 90's... how can you continue to rubbish him? Not to mention his brilliant season in 2008.

Timmah

Staff member
haha

aaahhh, ignorance is bliss.

Don't get me wrong, he's annoying little gnome and I don't particularly like him (or any of his previous clubs for that matter) but he's not a terrible player. You're clearly bitter if you think he is.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The NRL should step in and tell the Bulldogs no way now how you're too late. The NRL should work with the Sharks with the intention of showcasing RL to SAers leading to RL development and a NRL team sometime this century.

Well if the Sharks committed to more than one game, then I would agree. But by doing one game, and expecting to win the whole market over is just stupid.

The NRL should be supporting all efforts to expand the game, and taking a few matches over to one city, is a great way to expand the game.

Maybe some fans should also learn to put the game ahead of there club.

shaggy

Juniors
the dogs and the sharks are the two teams that make most sens to relocate geographically
sharks territory is in the middle of the dragons and the bulldogs is in most of tigers territory and little eels
i have no problem with relocation as long as its done properly, not like the eagles on the central coast
but remember the south melbourne sawns relocated and it took twenty years and superleague before they saw success

Sharks will NOT relocate. They will play games in Adelaide but will NOT relocate. That has ben made clear by the Club. They have there development plans which they will implement for there owned assets of land, leagues club and stadium in Cronulla. They may be a little cash straps like many other sydney clubs but they are asset rich and will use that to create cash flow in the future.

Frankly, from a geographical point of view, joining forces with the Dragons makes more sense then relocating. The joint club would have all of the south eastern fringe of sydney and illawarra.

I am sure Cronulla would be happy to be the Southern Sharks in a JV ( lol threw that in to stir up my Dragon big brothers).

Timmah

Staff member
the bulldogs is in most of tigers territory and little eels.

Technically most Sydney clubs are in "Tigers territory", and the Eels came in after the Bulldogs.

t-ba

Post Whore
Bitter much? :lol:

He's been your most successful half since the 90's... how can you continue to rubbish him? Not to mention his brilliant season in 2008.

Well, Except for that dude who won a dally M playing for the Sharks at halfback...

In Seven seasons, he's been involved in THREE finals campaigns for the Sharks, and no GF appearance. The equally maligned Matt Orford has been to three Finals Campaigns with the Eagles in THREE season, two GF's and a Premiership.

The prospect of the Sharks having two decent halves next season scares me a litte.

Timmah

Staff member
WTF does Matt Orford have to do with Kimmorley being a decent player? I'm simply outlining the fact that Noddy clearly isn't as rubbish as Sharks fans would like to believe. He's easily in the top group of halfbacks going around today... he's streets ahead of Ben Roberts for a start :crazy:

ByRd

First Grade
Oh please, excuse us Bulldog fans for being happy about Kimmorley and thus not having to live with Roberts/Holdsworth in the 7 jersey lollll

t-ba

Post Whore
WTF does Matt Orford have to do with Kimmorley being a decent player? I'm simply outlining the fact that Noddy clearly isn't as rubbish as Sharks fans would like to believe. He's easily in the top group of halfbacks going around today... he's streets ahead of Ben Roberts for a start :crazy:

:lol:

He's mid tier. That a side that came third in the competition had such a woeful inability to pile on points is an indication that he clearly IS NOT a top halfback. Thurston, Wallace, Prince and Cronk are so far ahead of him it is not funny. Guys like Mullen, Sandow, Herbert, Soward all showed better form than him this season and have youth on their side.

He's dross and an awful investment. The Bulldogs would have been better served forcing Barba and Groome to learn how to tackle for 8 hours every day during the offseason. At least they can pile on the points.

He's a more successful version of Brett Finch. He tries bloody hard, but he clearly doesn't have the skill set to play the modern game like a top level halfback.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think its pretty arrogant to think you can just move an NRL team into a nor RL city and except the people of the city to come flocking, especially as RL has virtually zero profile outside of it's heartlands. Have we learnt nothing from Melbourne?

What should be happening is the NRL earmarking future NRL franchise sites and having a strategic plan to grow the game and the fanbase in those places. That should include supporting struggling Sydney clubs to play games there but should include a whole raft of other development measures.

Bitter much?

hahaha

presto won the dally m.

and got us to the same point in the season as gimp did.

he was a bigger flop than ryan leaf.

enjoi!

mightybears

Bench
We don't need to be vacating any part of sydney, that worked so well for the game before! and the afl has way too much coin. Adelaide Jets, Newtown colours, revives the history [to the best possible extent top flight wise], and adelaide get a sydney based feed/reserves-screw easts.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
We don't need to be vacating any part of sydney, that worked so well for the game before! and the afl has way too much coin. Adelaide Jets, Newtown colours, revives the history [to the best possible extent top flight wise], and adelaide get a sydney based feed/reserves-screw easts.

Why would another city want a NSW Cup side relocating there? It'd be easier to create a new team from scratch. People around Australia know who the Sharks are, they don't know who the Jets are.