What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adelaide Sharks?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why would another city want a NSW Cup side relocating there? It'd be easier to create a new team from scratch. People around Australia know who the Sharks are, they don't know who the Jets are.

The only plus would be that Adelaide could use the Jets Sydney development teams whilst the game got established in SA.

Ausguy

Coach
That doesn't sound stalkerish at all.

Ok dont answer the question then.... im just trying to highlight the fact that i believe u were born in either the 80's or 90's and as a result hence your belief that no one knows who the Jets are.

Last edited:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Ok dont answer the question then.... im just trying to highlight the fact that i believe u were born in either the 80's or 90's and as a result hence your belief that no one knows who the Jets are.

My age has sfa to do with the facts. They were kicked out nearly 30 years ago, no-one remembers them except RL diehards.

I guarantee that if you stood on a street corner in Sydney (let alone anywhere else in Australia) and asked people who the Jets were that you'd get more responses saying New York than Newtown.

There's absolutely nothing to be gained by relocating them to Adelaide that couldn't be achieved with a brand new team started from scratch or an NRL team's relocation.

mightybears

Bench
Why would another city want a NSW Cup side relocating there? It'd be easier to create a new team from scratch. People around Australia know who the Sharks are, they don't know who the Jets are.

We seem to 'ill communicate' on most occasions, on a generous day i blame myself, but today its you.

My point was that 1. We shouldn't be giving up any NRL team in Sydney to support expansion, and 2. That by becoming the Adelaide Jets they have a [abeit] very small but ready made non Adelaide support base and importantly a reserve grade team and infrastructure in the best possible location. The Jets get a real top flight NRL bluebag-Jets back for nix

It doesn't matter a damn that the people of Adelaide know of the Jets, they are getting an NRL team!! The sharks aren't moving, they are the shire, its a bizarre fantasy of non Cronulla supporters, that they see Cronulla moving out of Sydney for expansion's sake.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
We seem to 'ill communicate' on most occasions, on a generous day i blame myself, but today its you.
It wasn't a miscommunication, I know exactly what you meant, I just think it's a bad idea.

My point was that 1. We shouldn't be giving up any NRL team in Sydney to support expansion,
We're obviously talking about voluntary relocations. If an NRL team chooses to relocate are you going to stop them?

and 2. That by becoming the Adelaide Jets they have a [abeit] very small but ready made non Adelaide support base
The base would be so small as to be insignificant. I'd also like to know why you think a diehard Newtown fan, who has stuck with his/her side in the lower grades for the past few decades instead of following a first grade team, would suddenly start following Adelaide just because they 'stole' his team? It'd be far more likely that he'd just stop supporting the team altogether.

and importantly a reserve grade team and infrastructure in the best possible location.
By inheriting the Jets structure they'll have to take onboard a bunch of people who have no alliegence to Adelaide. There would undoubtedly be clashes between the Adelaide based Jets and Newtown based Jets on how to run the feeder/junior club.

How would that be any better than having a feeder team in the QLD Cup/NSW Cup or JBC?

Also, what makes Newtown the best location for an Adelaide feeder/junior team? Surely they'd be better off having a team in an area with fewer competitiors than central Sydney?

It doesn't matter a damn that the people of Adelaide know of the Jets, they are getting an NRL team!! The sharks aren't moving, they are the shire, its a bizarre fantasy of non Cronulla supporters, that they see Cronulla moving out of Sydney for expansion's sake.
So that's what it comes down to, you don't want to see a Sydney club relocate. At least we know what your agenda is now.

Cronulla has actually come out and said that they are trying to make Adelaide a second home. After the year they've had, where they ended up equal first on points but had a crowd average in the bottom half of the league, I can't really blame them if they decide to relocate.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How the f*ck is L4P's age or birthday relevant to anything?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
i rest my case...
What 'case' are you giving up on?

even took your DOB off your profile... good work.:roll:

Wow, obsessed much? :crazy: I was born in 1984. I'd love to see you disprove anything I've said based upon that fact.

I haven't changed anything on my profile either, just ask a mod/admin to check for the last time it was edited (which I'm sure you're anally retentive enough to do).

Ausguy

Coach
What 'case' are you giving up on?

Wow, obsessed much? :crazy: I was born in 1984. I'd love to see you disprove anything I've said based upon that fact.

I haven't changed anything on my profile either, just ask a mod/admin to check for the last time it was edited (which I'm sure you're anally retentive enough to do).

not obsessed just thorough...

just didnt know why u didnt tell me in the first place. All i was trying to prove was that you were not born when the jets were around and as a result you had no basis to argue that no one knows who they are... there are many jets fans who would love to argue that fact.

Ausguy

Coach
How the f*ck is L4P's age or birthday relevant to anything?

Come on Tim, your on here all day cant you keep up with whats going on?

LP4 was saying the no one knows who the jest are... i was just saying that i believe he was not around when they were so he would not know how much support they had (or still have). If i have no basis to say they do how does LP4 have a basis to say they dont given he was not born until after they were defunct.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

just didnt know why u didnt tell me in the first place. All i was trying to prove was that you were not born when the jets were around and as a result you had no basis to argue that no one knows who they are... there are many jets fans who would love to argue that fact.
:lol:
Are you geniused or can't you differentiate between now and three decades ago?

Ausguy

Coach
:lol:
Are you geniused or can't you differentiate between now and three decades ago?

are you sure your not 7 years old. No one asks someone if they are retarted on a forum.... keyboard hero.

Anyway what are you trying to say??? 3 decades ago? What are you talking about? What am i differentiating??

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
L4P was referring to the fact that few in other states will be aware of the Jets at all. The Sharks are still a current team with a profile, they'd be far more quickly recognised. You're arguing semantics and getting personal. Get a grip.

Ausguy

Coach
L4P was referring to the fact that few in other states will be aware of the Jets at all. The Sharks are still a current team with a profile, they'd be far more quickly recognised. You're arguing semantics and getting personal. Get a grip.

Getting personal???

Pretty sure i didnt refer to someone as retarted....

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors

I've got to admit when I first read that my first thought was Newcastle (soccer) and my second was Ipswich.

Umm... how are those two related in any way, shape or form?