What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL in $45 million money grab

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
intentcity said:
this is what it boils down to, you guys hate victoria and the game we play, i know you wont admit thats what this all about but anyone reading this knows it is.

Yes we do.

intentcity said:
swans and lions both average around 30k spectators, the storm average 13k even after winning the last 100 premierships

The Storm have won one premiership.

The Storm are also averaging 19,202 since they left that run down old stadium where the capacity was reduced every time RL was played there because of the Big screen.

Everyone bar AFL fans know that the capacity of Olympic park for RL was around 15,500, so for the Storm to average their 12/13k a season in a stadium from the dark ages with toilets that over flowed, f**k all covering from the weather and 1900's terracing should give them their due.

intentcity said:
the game is going nowhere fast in "Victoriania", you may say the game isnt going anywhere fast in QLD/SYD, but those 30k average fans are a lot more than 13k, when the storms era ends and they arnt the power they are now that 13k will quickly become 6 or 7.

Well that 13k soon to be 7k as you stated is looking a bit sick with crowds nearly doubling already for a team that can't win any points.

Plus the fact there was stuff all RL in Tardland before the storm shows you are a complete moron seeing as the Storms junior teams have been making and winning national grand finals, you also forget that the ARL started to pump 23 million into junior football 2 seasons ago and the figures for participation have headed one way only, and that's NORTH.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Having previously worked at ANZ Stadium in their trust, I'll look you in the mirror and say you are wrong.

As I'll say the one and only time...rather than your many, your argument is full of crap.

It'd cost more to move to the Showgrounds due to the fact on top of the upgrade, there would need to be new contracts in place with regards to security, catering, ticket staff etc whereas these are all existing and able to be used for the ANZ stadium facility as these contractors are bound by contract to provide staff to ALL events held at ANZ stadium.

And to answer your probable reply to the above comment, no it wouldn't create more jobs, it would be using the same contractors currently employed by ANZ stadium, it would just mean extra dollars would need to be spent via new contracts which would only cater for one sport, meaning increased cost for no apparant reason.

If you'd like to go on, I'd be happy to continue the argument with you.

the Victorian seems to be avoiding this post

i wonder why?

intentcity

First Grade
the Victorian seems to be avoiding this post

i wonder why?

amazing, in the last page alone we have a person who used to work for the ANZ finance department and another person who used to work for the ANZ trust, what are the odds of that?, out of all the gin joints in the world, lol you guys, your really good for a laugh.

FWIW worth i believe you guys, i honestly do, well as honestly as you guys actually beleive this isnt about sheer jeolousy anyway, if your all so concerned about your states welfare, shouldnt you all be on different forums? 40 million is chicken feed if it means a new AFL team, bag, rubbish it all you like, the people who know, know, you people dont.

Last edited:

intentcity

First Grade
another sidestep

no ones sidestepped any of my points though have they?, fact is mate, ive answered the questions you want answers for, you just dont like the answers.

funniset thing is, you all say it has nothing to do with your blind hatred of the AFL, most of you say your genuinly concerned about the states money, but what a lot of you have said, is that you would not vote for the government if they gave the AFL the money, thats the funny thing, basing your decision on a state election on a 40million $ investment you dont agree with. as i said. lol guys, do some of you actually beleive this isnt about blind hatred? if so, can i have some of what ever it is your smoking, please.

Last edited:

Shire Panther

Juniors
so write letters at will to the premier, but im telling you now, he will look at facts and figures, not one eyed league muppets who have a very healthy hatred for a rival code.

Well that pretty much ends your argument there it shows just how much you know about Sydney and NSW.
Our Premier is a female and her name is Kristina Keneally.:lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
oh dear :lol:

772815-kristina-keneally-091204.jpg

he :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
amazing, in the last page alone we have a person who used to work for the ANZ finance department and another person who used to work for the ANZ trust, what are the odds of that?, out of all the gin joints in the world, lol you guys, your really good for a laugh.

FWIW worth i believe you guys, i honestly do, well as honestly as you guys actually beleive this isnt about sheer jeolousy anyway, if your all so concerned about your states welfare, shouldnt you all be on different forums? 40 million is chicken feed if it means a new AFL team, bag, rubbish it all you like, the people who know, know, you people dont.

Idiot.

You realise within the Trust there is a Finance function?

Doesn't take a f**king genius to work that out.

Its the same job numnuts.

Its not about jealousy its about common sense, a trait that you, my friend, do not possess.

intentcity

First Grade
Yes we do.

The Storm have won one premiership.

The Storm are also averaging 19,202 since they left that run down old stadium where the capacity was reduced every time RL was played there because of the Big screen.

Everyone bar AFL fans know that the capacity of Olympic park for RL was around 15,500, so for the Storm to average their 12/13k a season in a stadium from the dark ages with toilets that over flowed, f**k all covering from the weather and 1900's terracing should give them their due.

Well that 13k soon to be 7k as you stated is looking a bit sick with crowds nearly doubling already for a team that can't win any points.

Plus the fact there was stuff all RL in Tardland before the storm shows you are a complete moron seeing as the Storms junior teams have been making and winning national grand finals, you also forget that the ARL started to pump 23 million into junior football 2 seasons ago and the figures for participation have headed one way only, and that's NORTH.

wow, 23 million, man, all for junior development? no way, i wonder what the AFL spend on junior development, and i hope you didnt mean numbers for victorian kids was heading north, but then again, you'd probably be right, they cant exacty head south now can they?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
wow, 23 million, man, all for junior development? no way, i wonder what the AFL spend on junior development, and i hope you didnt mean numbers for victorian kids was heading north, but then again, you'd probably be right, they cant exacty head south now can they?

You've been shown up in every thread you have posted in, carry on moron.

intentcity

First Grade
Idiot.

You realise within the Trust there is a Finance function?

Doesn't take a f**king genius to work that out.

Its the same job numnuts.

Its not about jealousy its about common sense, a trait that you, my friend, do not possess.

funnily enough, the other person claiming to work at ANZ stadium has suddenly "edited" their post, amazing how insucure and paraniod you people are about one of the codes i love.

if you guys think im such a troll, your sure trying damned hard to disprove my points, id love a neutral observer to look though this thread and decide a winner, arr stuff it, you guys win, i just cant be bothered anymore.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
funnily enough, the other person claiming to work at ANZ stadium has suddenly "edited" their post, amazing how insucure and paraniod you people are about one of the codes i love.

if you guys think im such a troll, your sure trying damned hard to disprove my points, id love a neutral observer to look though this thread and decide a winner, arr stuff it, you guys win, i just cant be bothered anymore.

lol, the "codes" you love, yet not one pro Rugby League post on a Rugby League site in under one week with close to 150 posts.

Big Mick

Referee

What other person? Both mentions were from me.

We are disproving your points because you are trying to pass off your joke of an opinion as Fact. When in reality its just you are being an ignorant jackass.

Dogs Of War

Coach
What other person? Both mentions were from me.

We are disproving your points because you are trying to pass off your joke of an opinion as Fact. When in reality its just you are being an ignorant jackass.

I think he was referring to my mention of Todd Greenburg who was involved in ANZ. I think he thought it was me, not the current CEO of the Bulldogs. He is an idiot, so it's not surprising he got it wrong.

When can he be limited to the fight club forum so we can embrass him even more (with a lot less moderation).