What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Against the Titans

Fordy20

Juniors
From SMH

1. Tim Moltzen
2. Beau Ryan
3. Joel Reddy
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Lote Tuqiri
6. Benji Marshall
7. Tom Humble
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah (c)
10. Keith Galloway
11. Adam Blair
12. Liam Fulton
13. Matt Bell

14. Ben Murdoch-Masila
15. Blake Ayshford
16. Ray Cashmere
17. Junior Moors

It's a big welcome back to JUNIOR MOORS. Happy days!

Still not happy with Moltzen at fullback, but it's a bit like the Blues where Gidley always gets a run but Farah never does. You don't like it, but you learn to accept it.

Tiger05

First Grade
Its pretty close to our best team.

Heighno & Groat are both good but I think Ellis is the only one who deserves a walk in spot if he was fit and ready.

Still 1 & 7 are the problems with Lote also a major concern.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Its pretty close to our best team.

Heighno & Groat are both good but I think Ellis is the only one who deserves a walk in spot if he was fit and ready.

Still 1 & 7 are the problems with Lote also a major concern.

Not a fan of Tom Humble? He has certainly shown himself as a future great half. His confidence in his ability has improved with each passing game. Certainly issues with Lote on the wing after some defensive lapses against the Eels. Moltzen has also improved under the high ball after a horror match a few weeks ago.

N.C.

Juniors
As an aside, did anyone else notice all the injured Beaus in the Titans top 25?

N.C.

Juniors
Also - Groat apparently injured 'indefinitely' now as well. Anyone got any info on this?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
There is something to be said for consistency - gives the team a chance to get some solid combinations happening. But I scratch my head each time I see Moltzen's name at fullback. Apparently he could stand there manicuring his nails for eighty minutes and still not get dropped.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
From SMH

1. Tim Moltzen
2. Beau Ryan
3. Joel Reddy
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Lote Tuqiri
6. Benji Marshall
7. Tom Humble
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah (c)
10. Keith Galloway
11. Adam Blair
12. Liam Fulton
13. Matt Bell

14. Ben Murdoch-Masila
15. Blake Ayshford
16. Ray Cashmere
17. Junior Moors

It's a big welcome back to JUNIOR MOORS. Happy days!

I'm in shock! Look at that! Our 2 best props available at the same time, and 2 or 3 (if you want to count BMM) props on the bench along with a big back in Ayshford!

If Blair and Moltzen pull their fingers out and Humble continues to develop
in the 7, there may be something to work with here!

If the team plays steady percentage footy for 80 minutes, there may be finals footy on the horizon!

If le Sheens continues to give BMM and Moors time in the top grade etc...

If, If If...

To be honest, I'll take that bench as a sign that the Coach might actually listen to reason. Could be worse. Could be Ricky Stuart...

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Not a fan of Tom Humble? He has certainly shown himself as a future great half. His confidence in his ability has improved with each passing game. Certainly issues with Lote on the wing after some defensive lapses against the Eels. Moltzen has also improved under the high ball after a horror match a few weeks ago.

There is no way in the world Humble is a "future great half". He doesn't have the skill set. No kicking game, little creativity.

He is a fill-in utility player at best.

He is a fill-in utility player at best.
but, what does that make Moltzen? Surely if Sheens was thinking long term he would have stuck with Moltzen at 7 and left Humble at 1, if that failed he had Meaney to call on. With the expectation that Tedesco would be right for Rd 1 in 2013.
As it stands now, Moltzen is a fill in for this year only, as is Humble while the faithful await the arrival of Anasta.

sensesmaybenumbed - you can count Bell as a prop as well but is his playing at lock another masterstroke by the master coach, just like Harrison turned into a prop and Morris turned into a half, Ryan into a lock, etc, etc.

But seriously, that bench looks good as long as he doesn't change the entire backline just to give Ayshford 15 minutes of game time.

Tiger05

First Grade
but, what does that make Moltzen? Surely if Sheens was thinking long term he would have stuck with Moltzen at 7 and left Humble at 1,

This is the rational way to go but Sheens often makes choices that don't appear to make sense.

Maybe Humble will improve but so far he has been ordinary. Maybe Moltzen will improve but again so far he has been ordinary.

These are 2 key positions that were a worry at the start of the year and still are - I hope they both click because we need them too.

Tigersmurf

Juniors
This is the rational way to go but Sheens often makes choices that don't appear to make sense.

Maybe Humble will improve but so far he has been ordinary. Maybe Moltzen will improve but again so far he has been ordinary.

These are 2 key positions that were a worry at the start of the year and still are - I hope they both click because we need them too.

Moltzen is a ball runner, Humble has a passing game. As such Humble has the most potential to become what Lui was, and that is giving good clean service to the outside backs.

We need to pick either Humble or Miller and stick with them. It took Lui time to call plays over Benji and Robbie so it is unfair to assume that Humble can do it after a handful of games. He has been switched around his entire career and now needs time to develop in one position.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
i saw a news article today saying "McKinnon returns home"

after Moltzen's efforrts this year, i actually got excited at thought of having him back here.

Latest posts