What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Against the Titans

hybrid_tiger

Coach
FMD, Lawrence at five eighth. Can someone tell me what the see in Chris in the halves?

He was moved there went Farah went off on the weekend and put in the worst kick I have ever seen.

Where is the f**king logic in this?

I know Humble is not the long-term answer, but FMD, why would you try and play a centre in the halves?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last time Rowdy was at 6 his form was 10 times better than it is now.

He's just found his feet and started to improve in his natural position and now he's being thrown into the 6 jumper.

This is not where the Tigers issues lay. We have a bloke in the back row bludging, we have a f**king softcock pussy at fullback allowing the opposition first crack at bombs, with the defnsive capabilities of a cats broken tail, the constant poor bench selections and the massive multiple positional reshuffling that takes place almost every time a played is benched.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
FMD, Lawrence at five eighth. Can someone tell me what the see in Chris in the halves?

He was moved there went Farah went off on the weekend and put in the worst kick I have ever seen.

Where is the f**king logic in this?

I know Humble is not the long-term answer, but FMD, why would you try and play a centre in the halves?
especially a struggling one who is only just starting to improve in his natural position.

It'd be less stupid if he went with Lawrence at fullback and Moltzen in the halves.

Although thats not entirely an option I like either.

I'd like to see Ryan at fullback and Moltzen dropped for 2-3 games.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, Lawrence last game at 6 was Round 19, 2010.

Tigers beat Cowboys 26-16

He played at five-eighth 3 times in 2010, we won all 3 games.

prior to that he had played at 6 on 3 other occasions, all in 2007. Tigers won the first game and lost the next 2.

2007 - Round 13 - Tigers beat Newcastle 33-14
2007 - Round 14 - Tigers lost to Titans 14-16 (Lawrence scored a try)
2007 - Round 15 - Tigers lost to Brisbane 18-48 (Lawrence scored a try)
2010 - Round 17 - Tigers beat Brisbane 16-14 (Lawrence scored a try)
2010 - Round 18 - Tigers beat Titans 15-14
2010 - Round 19 - Tigers beat Cowboys 26-16
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/matches/Custom/LS00LS0tLS1mZS0zNzYzLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0t

Vic Mackey

Referee
He had played 5/8 a few other times but not been named in the 6

Yet to see him have a good game there or even show some potential

Not his fault...he probably hates playing there as much as we hate watching him there...it's the trackhead coaches fault

Radical Rat

Juniors
He had played 5/8 a few other times but not been named in the 6

Yet to see him have a good game there or even show some potential

Not his fault...he probably hates playing there as much as we hate watching him there...it's the trackhead coaches fault

More like crackhead.

To me our biggest obstacles in reaching the final 8 are (1) Getting the players fit to last 80 mins and (2)team selections and bewildering positional changes from you know who !

Front-Rower

First Grade
Yeah cause our top 4 results last two yrs indicate coach was useless

Yep certainly, one certain assistant named Steve Folkes did more for our side in the past two years than Sheens has done since '05.

Seriously Sheens should of walked or been given another job within the club at the end of '07. He did all he could for our club from '03 up until then.

T.T

Juniors
i don't understand why humble at 1. and moltzen at 7. wasn't given more then a few weeks

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
well f**k me, we are playing shit.

Sure we won, but f**k, another arsey golden point win where we got a shitload of good calls go our way, against a titans team with two young back up halves.

Moltzen and Tuqiri were f**king horrible, yet again.

In fact, BMM's bust done the touchline showed that he's a better winger than Tuqiri.

I'm f**king sick of seeing Tuqiri rush up and in, he did it repeatedly tonight and it was only the Titans inability to exploit it that prevented us from having 2-3 tries put on us down his wing.

When the f**k is Blair going to do some f**king work? I hardly saw Blair on the field anywhere. f**k I could be an 80 min player too if I did sweet f**k all for the whole game.

In fact, I'll gladly take Blair's spot on the field and I'll do it for 10% of his wage, if I can play just like he does.

That first set play where Farah gave him a short flat pass. He was supposed to be running onto that. I'm sure they practice this all the time because I've seen the play used repeatedly every week with Ellis, Fulton and Lawrence running onto the ball. Hell, Blair even scored a try off it against Manly.

Instead he just stood there, expecting the ball and then got pushed back 15 metres.

Did Humble even play? I didn't see him on the field anywhere. Another 37 seconds probably.

Woods, BMM, Fulton, Ryan, Bell all had solid games yet again.

Farah was mammoth.

Benji is pretty much as lethal a five-eighth as Galloway if he continues with his sideways running and passing inside bullshit. Its blatantly obvious, it fools no one, it provides no chances or momentum and it renders him completely useless.

Ayshford was good, better than Reddy.

Lawrence, poor bugger, I wish Sheens would leave him at Centre. We may have been a more threatening outfit if he had've been at centre, instead of just being pushed out of the way when set plays were on.

How many times did we send the ball a long long way from dummy half to Farah playing as halfback, who then had to throw a long pass to Marshall. It just gives defence time to prepare and number up. Which they constantly did.

I'm f**king sick to death of watching Moltzen play. I hate seeing him in the team, especially at fullback.

We've won 3 in a row and 4 for the year.

in two of those wins we got lucky and got a win we didn't deserve.

In one other win, we conceded 30 points in 13 mins.

Sheens will be telling everyone this week "Everythings fine, we're back on track now, we've just won 3 in a row"

Tiger05

First Grade
I thought Moltzen and Lawrence were both decent. Blair improved heaps out there - he put in and made some good runs at times. Benji needs to improve more than anyone.

Lote is getting close to being done - a couple of good solid runs but also a lot of poor options. He shouldn't be offered another contract.

Overall we were crap but Robbie got us through. Robbie though also came up with a lot of poor plays.

Still we won.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah cause our top 4 results last two yrs indicate coach was useless
Why do you make reference to 2010 and 2011 yet don't care to mention 2006, 2007, 2008 or 2009?

Or the fact it took him 5 seasons to reach the finals again after winning a premiership?

Or that since winning the GF Tigers have won 77 or 150 games (51.33%)

Overall, in his time at the Tigers his win% is 49.59%

Since from 1995 to 2012 (tonight included) he has won 1 premiership.

His win% in that time is 46.87% (that includes 34 wins from 46 games at Canberra in 95/96)

He is no great coach, he is no coaching genius.

he is a myth. His 'legacy' was borne from a squad found to be over the cap. He only really almost earnt one title through his own guile, thanks to fortunately having a fast and mobile team in 2005 when the rules suited that type of team.

I'll have a look, but I doubt any coaches that have been coaching since 1995 consistenly as Sheens, will have a win% as low as him.

weretiger

Juniors
w.t.f tim shines marshall at half didnt work 3 years a go and it didnt work again tonight,another game so close to being thrown away with more stupid selections

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Blair, 7 hit ups for 47 m
Bell, 6 hit ups for 61 m

Blair 4 runs for 18m
Fulton 5 runs for 34m

Woods 37 tackles
Farah 32 tackles
Galloway 34 tackles
Fulton 40 tackles
Bell 40 tackles
Blair 24 tackles

Our pack is not only carrying him, they are covering for him as well.

He is a liability to our forward structure, we have 5 and a half players in our pack every week.

Ayshford showed up Reddy big time, he even looked a lot more threatening and likely to score points, as well as being a much better defender.

Moltzen was decent compared to his other performances maybe, but he's still f**king shithouse as a fullback. He will not jump to catch a high ball, he instead makes a pose akin to a bloke sitting on a shitter holding up the newspaper

Tiger05

First Grade
I thought Bell was very quiet but I didn't want to have a go at him because he has been huge for us.

I thought Blair was much improved but based on those stats he is really one of the worst signings this club has made. Thank god he isn't in a critical position ala John Morris.

Moltzen was good tonight - he can build from that.

T.T

Juniors
Blair, 7 hit ups for 47 m
Bell, 6 hit ups for 61 m

Blair 4 runs for 18m
Fulton 5 runs for 34m

Woods 37 tackles
Farah 32 tackles
Galloway 34 tackles
Fulton 40 tackles
Bell 40 tackles
Blair 24 tackles

Our pack is not only carrying him, they are covering for him as well.

He is a liability to our forward structure, we have 5 and a half players in our pack every week.

Ayshford showed up Reddy big time, he even looked a lot more threatening and likely to score points, as well as being a much better defender.

Moltzen was decent compared to his other performances maybe, but he's still f**king shithouse as a fullback. He will not jump to catch a high ball, he instead makes a pose akin to a bloke sitting on a shitter holding up the newspaper

ayshford was quite solid wasn't he.

although i like reddy as a player. seems to have a great offload. would be a solid replacement for lote on the wing. decent darts from dummy half and the ability to offload

Latest posts