What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Albert Kelly

bartman

Immortal
He's young, so if it's managed and supported properly, then hopefully he'll be able to handle the rigours of regular lower grade season. Oh, and if he's skipping parts of a season and the club was aware of this, I hope he's signed under part-time contract $$$ to reflect this....

Until he can he should be nowhere near first grade imo, otherwise he could potentially wreck the team's season, just like the early season walkouts of Jamie Lyon, Tim Smith and Brett Finch ruined both the coach's plans, and recruitment plans.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't buy this 'he's young' excuse. He is young, true. But he should know better. You don't just go walkabout because you feel like it.

Having said that the club didn't really give him the support he needed.

rambo1

Juniors
If you get homesick do you just up and leave your job, albeit temporarily?

Because if you do, that makes you immature, irrespective of age. People know you don't do that.

You have cited a bad analogy. He is not a fully paid professional NRL player so therefore it is not a job at this stage of his young career. Strewth he's just left school.

He is still a boy and he needs support away from his family.

I'd hate to be related to you or Strider!

Jodeci

Bench
hi guys,

this wasn't mentioned at all during the cause of the week but did anyone notice that young Kelly was dropped to the bench for the NYC side in the place of TK Amosa for the game against the Broncos?

well, I spoke to a team mate of his on thursday regarding the side and the reaction of Albie being dropped to the bench and he told me that he didn't know because Albert hadn't been to training for a few days and was replaced off the bench by Daniel Cross who was originally dropped all together on Tuesday, I asked him if Albert was hurt and he told me he didn't know if he was or where he was..:?

is there anyone closer to the action that mey be able to shed some light on the matter, I hope to god he hasn't just spat it and walked out..but then again if he was injured than he'd be probably be part of the rehab squad...

anyone?

As we know, yes Kelly decided to turn his phone off and try to travel home for a few days to clear his head.

The Storm and Inglis have been in his year and have made him a great offer and will more then likely accept it.

Just on other news, Tim Auremi is out for the season with a bad injury to his upper back, neck and shoulder. Tim will be in a neck brace for about 6 weeks and still has some feeling in one of his shoulder as it still bruised heavily. Requires back surgery on his discs. Tim was making a tackle and one of his own players came in to help him and swung his arm into the back of Tim

Also look for Daniel Mortimer to be a bulldog in 2011. Watch this space...
:)

caylo

Bench
As we know, yes Kelly decided to turn his phone off and try to travel home for a few days to clear his head.

The Storm and Inglis have been in his year and have made him a great offer and will more then likely accept it.

Just on other news, Tim Auremi is out for the season with a bad injury to his upper back, neck and shoulder. Tim will be in a neck brace for about 6 weeks and still has some feeling in one of his shoulder as it still bruised heavily. Requires back surgery on his discs. Tim was making a tackle and one of his own players came in to help him and swung his arm into the back of Tim

Wow our jnr halves have dropped like flies aye... No Mortimer, No Kelly, No Auremi (not that im sure he could cut it anyway)... wow No backup :S

woddy

Juniors
WTF? how much money do we need to buy quality players ? If we can't keep any juniors at the club we are farked

Parra Glory

Juniors

Geez, thats some terrible news. Tim Auremi is an outstanding talent. I have played with him many times and i know he loves playing for parra. I feel for the guy. As for Mortimer, didnt we just re sign him? If he is given a run some time this year and lives up to the hype as a first grade halfback next year, surely it will be in the best interest of management to tie him up long term.

Y2Eel

First Grade
parra are resembling the titanic, everything is going wrong and everyone bailing. Can't believe what is going on!

Its only Kelly he was never going to stay anyway..

Mortimer is just a rumour Doubt he will go if he is in first grade this/next season

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Friggen' Storm are bigger leeches than the Roosters and Manly combined.

TheRam

Coach
whats the point anymore

Now you get it Ronnie, the NRL is an amateur joke. As long as there is no reward for nurturing juniors this will continue to happen and there is no point in developing young talent only for others to poach them when they show signs that they maybe ready for 1st grade or that they maybe something special.

This is why I think we should give the NRL an ultimatum, which would be that they either give clubs some sort of protection from poaching or a transfer fee for juniors of some kind. Think about it, clubs like Penrith and us have the NRL over a barrel on this. Hoaxters like the NRL's Geoff Carr chirp loudly and proudly about the strength and popularity of Rugby League in the west and how the AFL will struggle with their plan for a western team out there, especially since league spends so much money in junior development in the West. Well a nice chunk of that cash is Parra's hard earned and we are being denied by the governing body the chance to insure our investment against theft.

I have stated it before, me thinks that if we played hard ball with the NRL and seriously threatened to pull out a large chunk of our support to junior development, that ppl like Carr and David Gallop may finally pay attention. Don't you think? I mean the West is the junior strong hold of our game now, they would sh*t themselves if Parra and or Penrith stop contributing their considerable resources toward grass roots development.

It is a joke the way we are being treated at the moment, and Fitzy till now has been a useless admin who has no clue, but with the winds of change coming to Parra, I hope that this is one of the things that the new board finds to be of great importance and start to make a hell of a lot of noise down at league head quarters real soon.

Or else same old, same old, forever and a day, I'm afraid.

Stagger eel

Staff member

thanks mate

I hope young Tim comes back bigger better than ever, he's a good lad and a dedicated player, on the bright side the next time he plays he won't be under a coach like Fairleigh

as for Abie, cya! goodbye! ta ta!!...we don't need another basketcase here, he's shown nothing since SG Ball to suggest that he'll have a long illustrious career in the game.

Mortimer to me has been a great myth, he's shown nothing to suggest he'll be more than an average firstgrader at best and yet he's been touted as a saviour.

now for the fun bit

Caylo: nice one dude! suddenly we'll be without a halfback in 2011 if these 2 leave? ffa!! DA hasn't even started his recruitment at the club and your making silly statements like our "half back stocks will be down" give yourself a triple!

as for the rest of you, anyone who believes that the club are just sitting on their hands and just letting our players get poached maybe sit back and wait what happens in a few months when we have made some signings and then maybe make a call then.

oldmancraigy

Coach
as for the rest of you, anyone who believes that the club are just sitting on their hands and just letting our players get poached maybe sit back and wait what happens in a few months when we have made some signings and then maybe make a call then.

But surely you can forgive people for getting upset?

Hagan was in charge of recruitment for the last 2 seasons and so we've become accustomed to losing everyone and gaining nothing (which apparently is ok because we're close to where we want to be).

On Mortimer - we DID extend his contract for a year anyhow - so if he ends up leaving and becoming a first grade superstar, it's not because we didn't TRY to keep him, it's because he desperately wants to be a Dog. Not much anyone can do in those scenarios.

And even if he goes, it's ok because the next bloke to be thrown the number 7 NYC jersey is going to be labelled "the saviour" and we're all going to have massive wraps on him - just a recap from the last few seasons: Witt, Smith, Green, Hodkinson - each of those guys was supposed to be a superstar... sure - Tim Smith was for a season, but was (sadly) mentally unstable and left his game somewhere in the left side of his brain, to be accessed on odd occasions! The others are marginaly first graders or not at all...

Gronk

Staff member
I'm not fussed about these unproven juniors anymore. Offer what their worth, never pay overs and if they go, they go.

We need to spend most of out cap on proven NRL players, not kids with potential.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
what will Kelly do when he moves another 1000 kms away from Kempsey, and the kid is supposed to be homesick ?

Mortimer just resigned, I'm sure if he shows anything next season, we'l hang onto him

we've let alot of kids go in the last few years, and most or all of them aren't even playing in the NRL

and lastly, if your going to get upset over rumours, you'll end up a neurotic

strider

Post Whore
I'm not fussed about these unproven juniors anymore. Offer what their worth, never pay overs and if they go, they go.

We need to spend most of out cap on proven NRL players, not kids with potential.
agreed ... our club's obsession with juniors needs to take a backseat for at least a while

Stagger eel

Staff member
But surely you can forgive people for getting upset?

Hagan was in charge of recruitment for the last 2 seasons and so we've become accustomed to losing everyone and gaining nothing (which apparently is ok because we're close to where we want to be)..

Well Hagan is acient history and we now have a capable operator at the club who appears to know what he's doing.

On Mortimer - we DID extend his contract for a year anyhow - so if he ends up leaving and becoming a first grade superstar, it's not because we didn't TRY to keep him, it's because he desperately wants to be a Dog. Not much anyone can do in those scenarios....

no, if he was that desperate to become a dog he would of been gone by now and you're exactly right if Canterbury want him more than what we do than cest la vie

And even if he goes, it's ok because the next bloke to be thrown the number 7 NYC jersey is going to be labelled "the saviour" and we're all going to have massive wraps on him - just a recap from the last few seasons: Witt, Smith, Green, Hodkinson - each of those guys was supposed to be a superstar... sure - Tim Smith was for a season, but was (sadly) mentally unstable and left his game somewhere in the left side of his brain, to be accessed on odd occasions! The others are marginaly first graders or not at all...

well, that's not the club or players problem that's just numbskull supporters who place too high an expectation on any player who wears sterlos shirt.

Latest posts