What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

georgesnmith

Juniors
hopefully for mckinnon the story is false and he can recover fully.

the DT are the last people to talk about bad journalism but nine sure are sinking down with them

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
All three storm players should front the judiciary not just one in relation to their contributory negligence in this tackle. The Ref should also come under scutiny for why they did not call held when clearly McKinnon's progress was stopped and for not stopping the tackle when the third storm player started to lift McKinnon as well.- The NRL/Refs/Players all have a duty of care to one another.

To me this could have been avoided and is a wake up call for the NRL in relation to their intepretation of tackles all this dominant/surrender tackle nonsense has to go and penalties must be blown for any lifting tackle attempt or otherwise including those back slam/head slam tackles as surely one day a player is not going to get up after one of these too.

I also feel that the rule that an attacking player can be tackled in mid air when attempting to score a try should be scrapped and replaced by the rule that any player tackled in mid air whether a defender and or an attacking player no matter where on the field their team will receive a penalty. they are gambling with the possibilty of a player being serious injured if they are allowed to be tackled in mid air- it's not a case of if its a case of when this will happen.

Good luck with your recovery Alex McKinnon we are all praying for this.

Still Nutty

Juniors
On a more positive note...on Twitter

...chairman Ron Coote has confirmed that his foundation will be there to support the McKinnon family.

Never expected anything less but nice to publically put it out there.

unforgiven

Bench
I also feel that the rule that an attacking player can be tackled in mid air when attempting to score a try should be scrapped and replaced by the rule that any player tackled in mid air whether a defender and or an attacking player no matter where on the field their team will receive a penalty. they are gambling with the possibilty of a player being serious injured if they are allowed to be tackled in mid air- it's not a case of if its a case of when this will happen.

Good luck with your recovery Alex McKinnon we are all praying for this.

The problem with this is it fundamentally changes the game too much. That rule changes means someone catches the ball in the ingoal then it will be a certain try. I understand your intentions but it would be better to ban players for jumping for the ball.

thorson1987

Coach
The problem with this is it fundamentally changes the game too much. That rule changes means someone catches the ball in the ingoal then it will be a certain try. I understand your intentions but it would be better to ban players for jumping for the ball.

You mean it will change it back to the way it was a few years ago re. Tackling the attacker in the air

El Diablo

Post Whore
channel 9 still running with the story and even sunk as low as talking about his family thanking the media

POPEYE

Coach
Does this thread really need the McKinnon name attached any longer, pathetic bantering is out of place in association surely

_Johnsy

Referee
Listen dipshit, you have no knowledge of actually playing rugby league. You are a pathetic little Balmain turd.

There was no arm between the legs, it was an accident.

For other posters, I stress I'm not a storm fans but young McLean should not be made an example of for what was an accident.

Different angle, earliest stage of McKinnon being lifted. It clearly shows McLeans intent on lifting him with an arm/hand between his legs. Hope this helps.

20140401_170447_zpsceat3qgd.jpg

JJ

Immortal
This is just terribly sad, the poor kid and his family. Sounds like he's a strong character and that will serve him well, and I hope he's well supported well into the future...

magpie4ever

First Grade
Different angle, earliest stage of McKinnon being lifted. It clearly shows McLeans intent on lifting him with an arm/hand between his legs. Hope this helps.

20140401_170447_zpsceat3qgd.jpg

I realise this is probably a screen shot from a video, it is fairly unclear.

I think this is better to leave it to the judiciary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts